lightning strike sound when loading or changing areas?

+
lightning strike sound when loading or changing areas?

Hello! It pains me that I have yet another bug to add to the long list of The Witcher's flaws. :( This one is very trivial, but very curious: whenever I load a saved game, immediately when I assume control of my character, I hear a single, very loud thunder sound, like the one the game uses for storms. This bug is very consistent, and I haven't been able to get rid of it. It started immediately after the final part of the Golem quest, which is where thunder and lightnings come into play, and continued into every save game right 'till the end.This does not hinder my enjoyment of the game in any way, other than the fact that it sometimes startles me when I leave my volume turned up, so it's not a priority for the developers to fix. I'm simply interested in knowing what causes it.

i hear a loud thunder sound whenever i enter a building or otherwise zone to a new area. Its weird, but i thought it was supposed to happen. Your problem sounds a bit different, which is interesting.

It seems to happen if you get struck by the lightning whilst fighting the golem. I saved just before the golem fight and did not get struck by lightning and did not get the thunder sound when entering other areas. I then reloaded the saved game, got struck once by lightning during the golem fight and then got the thunder sound most times when entering areas afterwards.

ace50k said:
It seems to happen if you get struck by the lightning whilst fighting the golem.
Yes, that sounds plausible, because I didn't encounter the bug in the first playthrough. In my second time, I did get struck by a lightning, which was a little odd, because I was clearly standing outside the pylon triangle when I activated the third pylon. Oh, well... Next time I'll be more careful. Thanks!

along with my newfound blue screen problems i've started noticing that i get the sound of a lightening strike every time i load a game or move to a new area (as in moving from the cemetary to the trade quarter for example). why?

I get the loud thundering sound every single time I move from one location to another, or enter or exit a building, and trust me when your wearing headphones, it becomes increasingly annoying! :(

WizWitch said:
I get the loud thundering sound every single time I move from one location to another, or enter or exit a building, and trust me when your wearing headphones, it becomes increasingly annoying! :(
there was another thread around about the "new area" sound, and this mod will remove this sound.try it and let me know if that helps

I'm getting this "thunder" sound consistently with version 1.4 whenever the new zone load screen appears. Is there a fix for this yet, other than a mod?My rig:Vista 64 Ultimate SP1, Core2Quad Q6600, ASUS P5B Deluxe, XFX 8800 GTX, Razer Barracuda AC-1 & HP-1, FPD2485W display, 4x1GB Corsair PC6400 DDR2, 4GB Cruzer ReadyBoost, Seagate SATA2 300GB, LiteOn SATA DVD, CoolerMaster 850W PSU, Antec P180B Case

Auldian said:
I'm getting this "thunder" sound consistently with version 1.4 whenever the new zone load screen appears. Is there a fix for this yet, other than a mod?My rig:Vista 64 Ultimate SP1, Core2Quad Q6600, ASUS P5B Deluxe, XFX 8800 GTX, Razer Barracuda AC-1 & HP-1, FPD2485W display, 4x1GB Corsair PC6400 DDR2, 4GB Cruzer ReadyBoost, Seagate SATA2 300GB, LiteOn SATA DVD, CoolerMaster 850W PSU, Antec P180B Case
there was another thread around about the "new area" sound, and this mod will remove this sound.try it and let me know if that helps

Actually that mod removes the normal area change sound. If you get the thunder sound as part of a bug, you need my mod:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=14389.0

Hi,Thanks for the pointers. I didn't have any change in the sound so perhaps it's just something I'll have to live with. Another mod I've tried to remove the US censoring had no effect either so perhaps the EE has some new paths or such.The game's still very cool.Best regards,Joel

Unfortunately, once I got the bug I was stuck with it until the end of the game. In my next game, I was careful not to get struck by the lightning, and the bug never appeared.

Top Bottom