Lights are on, but no one's home.

+
The city would be way more immersive if I could sit down and eat at any joint like this.

20201217110645_1.jpg
T

Honestly, these are all valid criticisms, and CDPR needs to understand this.

They sold us on this rich, immersive like nothing before, dark and almost degenerate dystopian future, and what we got is basically Key West with a smattering of some gangs that don’t really cause much trouble.

Or this...

20201217111439_1.jpg

Post automatically merged:

Honestly, these are all valid criticisms, and CDPR needs to understand this.

They sold us on this rich, immersive like nothing before, dark and almost degenerate dystopian future, and what we got is basically Key West with a smattering of some gangs that don’t really cause much trouble.

Yes, but as MojoBreaker says below, I believe they can do it! They just need to make it happen.

i believe they can do it !

Attachments

• 20201217111105_1.jpg
    20201217111105_1.jpg
    462.9 KB · Views: 49
Or this...

View attachment 11093027

Yes, but as MojoBreaker says below, I believe they can do it! They just need to make it happen.

I’ll believe it when I see it done. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but so far they’ve only mentioned bugs and optimisation, nothing along the lines of content. When they do, and bring up all of the content they’ll put back in, I will expect and most likely receive nothing.

I'll take two of whatever that dude is having.
20201217112201_1.jpg

I’ll believe it when I see it done. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but so far they’ve only mentioned bugs and optimisation, nothing along the lines of content. When they do, and bring up all of the content they’ll put back in, I will expect and most likely receive nothing.

And I think it is fair for you to feel that way.

Know where they have good food? Japantown.
I'm looking at you, big neon ramen bowl in the sky. Let's see what we can rustle up down here.
20201217112959_1.jpg

Hot dogs? In Japantown? Well, OK, everyone loves hot dogs, I guess.
Unfortunately this chick wouldn't talk to me and just called me a deadbeat or something.

20201217113657_1.jpg

After a hard day of edgerunning, I always love to stop in at Roasted Noodles for a bowl of synthtofu and a tall-boy cerveza.
Unfortunately, the chick just stands there wiping the counter and never serves me anything.

20201217114358_1.jpg

Yeah, choom! A bar! Let's get wasted!
20201217115839_1.jpg

Hold on there, miss. I think you've had enough!.... of drinking alone that is ;)
20201217120021_1.jpg

OK, she ghosted (literally despawned right next to me). And I can't even get a drink in this city!
20201217120309_1.jpg

This place should work. Finally I get to sink my teeth into some krill!
(I didn't get to sink my teeth into some Krill, FYI. Everyone just ignored me).
20201217120652_1.jpg

Well, somebody's eatin'! Sure ain't me!
20201217120951_1.jpg

Man, those perogis look good. Wish I could buy one... and eat it...
20201217121238_1.jpg

Friday night on Ninsei, let's see if we can find any good eats downtown.
20201217122826_1.jpg

Let's just grab a dog and take a stroll around downtown. Nice and cozy!
(Nope)
20201217123456_1.jpg

Well, if all else fails I can sell some loot at this pawnshop I found, right?
(Nope. Remember - lights are on, but no one is home).
20201217123815_1.jpg

Well, thank goodness the 25h/7 is open. At least I can get a frozen burrito and a pack of the old smokey smokes, right?
(Nope)
20201217124143_1.jpg

Maybe these fine folks have a smoke I can bum?
(Nope)
20201217124406_1.jpg

All V ever wanted was a hamburger (and a smoke).
20201217125710_1.jpg

Last edited:
One of the first things that really pulled me out of the game is the food and drink. They seem like placeholders. Every club has the same menu and all the foods/drinks have the same status effect. Even Witcher 3 had a difference between eating raw wolf meat and an apple!

The fact that the Red Dirt bartender talks up "Ribs ala Silverhand" but offers the same menu as everywhere else... sucks.

The fact that you can only first person drink when the game lets you; and the rest of time it's "buy, inventory, backpack, drink"... sucks.

One of the first things that really pulled me out of the game is the food and drink. They seem like placeholders. Every club has the same menu and all the foods/drinks have the same status effect. Even Witcher 3 had a difference between eating raw wolf meat and an apple!

The fact that the Red Dirt bartender talks up "Ribs ala Silverhand" but offers the same menu as everywhere else... sucks.

The fact that you can only first person drink when the game lets you; and the rest of time it's "buy, inventory, backpack, drink"... sucks.

And concur. The Konpeki mission was shocking. I go check out the bar, the bartender asks me if I'd like a drink. I'm like "Hall yeah, boi!"

Boop! Inventory menu pops up.

And I was like "yep this is the game".

At least Arthur Morgan got an animation when he ordered Lamb Fry. Dude was even able to walk around with a beer.

I was low on health, and wanted to simulate myself having a good time immersively ordering some street food. So I just stood in front of this guy and ate a burrito out of my inventory.
20201217143802_1.jpg

I should be having a drink here. My kinda dive.
20201217151816_1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom