Ligting Deluxe 3.0

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
MaykonLexar Hey everything you're doing looks good; I got two questions though, are you going to try to make it bugfree as possible? And, in STLM the clouds look very dirty and muddy, I think it might be because of the dark blue sky contrast or something, is that going to be there too? Oh, and I think there should be cutscene lighting because in some scenarios not having it can look weird and unnatural such as the cutscene before giving triss to the witch hunters quest

Last edited:
tennisaddict1999;n10297762 said:
MaykonLexar Hey everything you're doing looks good; I got two questions though, are you going to try to make it bugfree as possible?

Why do you think he's spent so much time on it? He wants it to be perfect.

Last edited:

Guest 3841499

Great Work . Been following you here and on YouTube since last year . Can we help speed up the completion of the lighting mod ? Also , when you do release it , please note the mods used alongside this one , if any ! Congrats again !

TutaMD;n10300232 said:
Great Work . Been following you here and on YouTube since last year . Can we help speed up the completion of the lighting mod ? Also , when you do release it , please note the mods used alongside this one , if any ! Congrats again !

One thing that is keeping me from finalizing Skellige, is to find the w2l file of herbarium, I really need this file, to do some analysis and thus edit the two env's that exist for that place

tennisaddict1999

Kaer Morhen is a fairly easy place to edit because there are few files and you do not have to make big changes because of the visual
For example, change this:

• m_globalLight
• m_toneMapping
• m_speedTree

It would be very unnecessary for Kaer Morhen
And yes, I took care of many details to avoid problems in the gameplay, but even so, the mod will longer have updates

GregorWladacz;n10300472 said:
Why do you want to change herbarium files? I thought this was a lighting mod... What am I missing?
Do not want to change it, but I want to make sure that both env's are active
After the mission, when the herbarium is destroyed, you enter there and the env that is activated is the main one of Skellige and not that of Herbarium
I found many places, which was env's from other places and I activated the correct env, which for some reason was disabled by CDPR
And thanks to this discovery, I was able to create a DLC from any cave, to any region
Because by default, it usually uses the env novigrad_cave
The same in csv

Guest 3841499

Is scripting required to active those ENV files? BTW, I saw people talking about how cut-scene lighting is too bright. I disabled it for myself because I hate it how lighting during heavy storm with dark clouds suddenly changes as you start a conversation with some random merchant. I also disable artificial character light in cut-scenes, but doing so was not enough to make gameplay lighting look exactly like cut-scene lighting due to fake light sources that spawn during cut scenes and other light sources increase brightness in cut-scenes. I am going to through some 1400 (half done) w2scene files and disabling fake light sources. I already completed all of BOB and EP1 DLC's, Minor Quests, Generic Quests, etc. All that is left (major part) are Main Game Parts 1, 2, and 3. If you care and it could help, you can have it now (half way done) and then once I finish it (at some point this month I hope...)

I haven't found a way to prevent cut-scenes from triggering increase of light source brightness though. It's not in w2scene files.

One issue with disabling cut-scene lighting is that it makes character faces look weird, with every detail creating some shadow. To fix that, I use a No Artificial Light script, but load the dash dot Novigrad ENV file, which I guess is kind of like cut-scene lighting, but it makes lighting more accurate during gameplay and does not force cut-scene lighting changes in cut-scenes.

Last edited by a moderator:
MonarchX;n10300762 said:
Is scripting required to active those ENV files? BTW, I saw people talking about how cut-scene lighting is too bright. I disabled it for myself because I hate it how lighting during heavy storm with dark clouds suddenly changes as you start a conversation with some random merchant. I also disable artificial character light in cut-scenes, but doing so was not enough to make gameplay lighting look exactly like cut-scene lighting due to fake light sources that spawn during cut scenes and other light sources increase brightness in cut-scenes. I am going to through some 1400 (half done) w2scene files and disabling fake light sources. I already completed all of BOB and EP1 DLC's, Minor Quests, Generic Quests, etc. All that is left (major part) are Main Game Parts 1, 2, and 3. If you care and it could help, you can have it now (half way done) and then once I finish it (at some point this month I hope...)

I haven't found a way to prevent cut-scenes from triggering increase of light source brightness though. It's not in w2scene files.

One issue with disabling cut-scene lighting is that it makes character faces look weird, with every detail creating some shadow. To fix that, I use a No Artificial Light script, but load the dash dot Novigrad ENV file, which I guess is kind of like cut-scene lighting, but it makes lighting more accurate during gameplay and does not force cut-scene lighting changes in cut-scenes.

MaykonLexar;n10300302 said:
One thing that is keeping me from finalizing Skellige, is to find the w2l file of herbarium, I really need this file, to do some analysis and thus edit the two env's that exist for that place

environment\definitions\env_skellige\herbarium\wip\env_herbarium_mordor_1.env ...... only string i found ..... i am sorry if i was not helpful

MaykonLexar;n10301042 said:
Only one test, but it will not be included in this version, only in the next update and this is to save time, because Toussaint is a very annoying place to edit

Looks incredible,these colors would be perfect for kaer morhen,because I think Kaer Morhen should be more green than in your previous screenshot.

FrankPredator7;n10301112 said:
Looks incredible,these colors would be perfect for kaer morhen,because I think Kaer Morhen should be more green than in your previous screenshot.

i disagree.
i very much enjoy lexar`s directions of kaer morhen, whit a more colder color palette. i know you are just trying to help but i think we should leave it to lexar, he has proven to have an excellent taste of what works and what dont, and a clear direction in where the mod is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom