Ligting Deluxe 3.0

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
spoxox;n10285572 said:
I like the winter Novigrad, but it makes no sence. If you would remove the snow, it would look very close to this:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/BIAvJVo2-WQ/maxresdefault.jpg

Would be something new and fresh!

completely disagree, it would fit novigrad horribly, maybe it would work for velen but thats for another day and another mod.
love the direction the mod is heading in, and i think the visual style is already set.
looking forward for the release :)

larsroar41t4;n10285792 said:
completely disagree, it would fit novigrad horribly, maybe it would work for velen but thats for another day and another mod. love the direction the mod is heading in, and i think the visual style is already set. looking forward for the release

It's a optional version, and I would like to also see something like this for Velen!

But without snow!

larsroar41t4;n10285792 said:
completely disagree, it would fit novigrad horribly, maybe it would work for velen but thats for another day and another mod.
love the direction the mod is heading in, and i think the visual style is already set.
looking forward for the release :)
Yes. People look at that trailer and they think Velen should look like that. But that's just bad weather. What happens when the weather is clear? It obviously shouldn't look be grim if the sky is clear and there's no fog.

Nah, TW3 doesn't have to be realistic. It's a game after all, set in a dark fantasy scenery, in a war ravaged land, killing monsters etc. If I think about that, there is no place for bright, sunny places, sunshine, rainbows and butterflies like in a fairytale. But that is just my opinion. That's why I like this take on the lighting. It's grim and dark and gloomy.

Guest 3841499

GregorWladacz;n10287602 said:
Nah, TW3 doesn't have to be realistic. It's a game after all, set in a dark fantasy scenery, in a war ravaged land, killing monsters etc. If I think about that, there is no place for bright, sunny places, sunshine, rainbows and butterflies like in a fairytale. But that is just my opinion. That's why I like this take on the lighting. It's grim and dark and gloomy.

With Toussaint being the exception. Overall, the lighting for that region, does fit the mood of that region, aside from the yellow filter (balance map), with Fairy Tale being an exception - whichever strange super-colorful filter it uses works for me!

If the command created by the CDPR itself for Novigrad Snow, exists, why not create something? I made it as a DLC and this will not have any interference in normal Novigrad, unless the player activates the commands with Photomode or with the Debugu Console;
I said that I would take care of everything I found along the way and it is thanks to this that I did things that other modders did not do

Novigrad Normal, with adjustments made to remove the saturation,
Only thing I had to do was to return some values to the standard and change the color of the sky a little, thus making a Novigrad that fits much better

MaykonLexar;n10287772 said:
If the command created by the CDPR itself for Novigrad Snow, exists, why not create something? I made it as a DLC and this will not have any interference in normal Novigrad, unless the player activates the commands with Photomode or with the Debugu Console;
I said that I would take care of everything I found along the way and it is thanks to this that I did things that other modders did not do

Novigrad Normal, with adjustments made to remove the saturation,
Only thing I had to do was to return some values to the standard and change the color of the sky a little, thus making a Novigrad that fits much better

This looks absolutely fantastic Lexar, keep up the good work - this could very well be the best lighting mod for TW3.

which page now? :hmm:
the top of last page was a post about cutscene lighting...?

Last edited:
GregorWladacz;n10287602 said:
But here's the thing: if you can achieve the with a weather edit, why limit yourself to one lighting if you can have both or more depending on the weather?

This mod is looking better than I could have expected. I will start my 4th play through once this mod is finished. Outstanding work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom