Link to New IGN article with new information on Witcher 3 (03/10/14)

+
I gather they're trying to be like RPS. And failing.
What a pointless article it was.

He could have had a point. CDPR's games are a result of vastly different cultural influences. But I was lost half way through. At least he had the temerity to criticize American and Japanese developers on fair ground.

He could have had a point. CDPR's games are a result of vastly different cultural influences. But I was lost half way through. At least he had the temerity to criticize American and Japanese developers on fair ground.

Yea, especially the part with DICE making BF look like its made by americans.
Swedish Game without any signs of swedish/europe influence...
why not making a BF with a few european factions? ( a part of russia is european, I know )
I mean, they dont have to get rid of the USA, but at least making a fresh story including europe should be an option.
Medal of Honor Warfighter had potential with all those different nations. Was made by an ammerican studio though and the gameplay sucked.

But well, thats off-topic

Yea, especially the part with DICE making BF look like its made by americans.
Swedish Game without any signs of swedish/europe influence...
why not making a BF with a few european factions? ( a part of russia is european, I know )
I mean, they dont have to get rid of the USA, but at least making a fresh story including europe should be an option.
Medal of Honor Warfighter had potential with all those different nations. Was made by an ammerican studio though and the gameplay sucked.

But well, thats off-topic

Dice is owned by EA, and trust me, the last thing EA or it's fans could stomach is a narrative informed by Swedish fiction. Way too uncompromising and esoteric for a 'Merica saves the homeland from the Russians' type game. This is the interesting and uncomfortable part the article touches on. Most of the article is rubbish and it has nothing to do with TW3, but I applaud any editor offering an honest analysis of what the industry has become. I'm surprised IGN even published it.

Yup, it could have been a good article. Shame it wasn't.

Unfortunately most of the media (games and movies) produced in the U.S portrays everything as black or white. In movies and games Americans are heroes and the absolute good guys, and the terrorists (Middle Easterners, Russians, Germans, North Koreans, Chinese, and so on) are inhumane animals that need to get killed. I'm not suggesting that terrorists are good, but I'm suggesting that there are two sides to each coin and the gray areas need to get explored more. The other problem that stems from such portrayals is that it suggests that all Middle Easterners are terrorists, all Germans are Nazis, and so on. This phenomenon leads to many problems such as racism and acts of violence.

Uhh... Wait... This...

What??

Seriously, among the myriad of spelling & grammatical errors, not to mention the use of misplaced, redundant synonyms & just over-the-top rambling, I have no idea what this article is trying to say. That entire first paragraph makes no sense. He takes a jab at the fact that the CDPR guys were 'Neckbeards' (Or at least it feels that way), he says how it was "Underwhelming" & how what they were showing/saying was "Redundant". However then he ends it with praise over how it is unique & interesting, I really don't know what the fuck is happening in this article. I like that he kind of is taking jabs at Mainstream Video Games with how every COD game has to be a 'Fuck Yeah America' title & essentially implies that both American & Japanese Mainstream games are becoming more commercialized than actual interesting & unique Video Games, but it's a point you have to find for yourself, not told eloquently through the writing.

This actually makes me really angry to be Australian, all the Aussie interviews so far have had interesting points, but just written so fucking poorly its made me want to find these 'Journalists' & get them fired somehow. I'm not even angry because he said anything bad about the game (If he did it was unclear because of the nature of the article), I'm just angry because of the awful way it is written.

Maybe the presentation itself wasn't that good. 'Tolken questions were asked, tolken answers were given...'

You know, this sounds a lot like the previews I've read since.... a year ago? Who can blame him? If they're showing the same pre-alpha footage for over a year now, they can't expect everyone to be impressed by it.

Maybe the presentation itself wasn't that good. 'Tolken questions were asked, tolken answers were given...'

You know, this sounds a lot like the previews I've read since.... a year ago? Who can blame him? If they're showing the same pre-alpha footage for over a year now, they can't expect everyone to be impressed by it.

Then he could have said so. The only real message I got from that was "Don't write articles while drunk". I have absolutely no idea what he was talking about.

Oh wow... What new info? all i read was a " neener neener neener, my dad is better than ur dad" type of immaturity veiled as a bunch of pretentious posturing BS, just one of the worst witcher articles that i've read. He should have just tried to encourage people to try and read the novels instead of blabbering on like an insufferable pseudo-intellectual D-bag

Last edited:
This article is true,away from any stuck-ups for other companies who make shitty games and get the good rep and profits of em by the media.

Dafuq did I just read?

Anyway, I think Adam Sessler in one of his videos described Witcher's different feel in a more balanced (and definitely more respectful) way: [video]http://www.g4tv.com/videos/58202/sesslers-soapbox-a-gift-from-poland/[/video]

um I started reading this article but then it became something about america and god knows what... The hell happened there lol ?? Like, little to no info about the actual game. Whoever wrote that article was tripping on something... I just gotta shake my head in wonder.

Last edited:
In their defence, this is the same demo IGN has an article on already, so at least they tried to do something different instead of basically posting the same thing. Still doesn't excuse the fact that it's meh.

Good lord, I know that I complain about wanting new foootage/coverage but this is not what I meant.

Top Bottom