[LINKS ONLY] Witcher 3 News

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I translated a article from a Danish gaming site. Not much news but it goes a bit more in depth with the main quest and a few side quests - don't worry I have spoiler tagged those bits although most of them have been mention before. Besides that he mentions that the gaming world is filled with so much interesting stuff and events that it makes it easy to be side tracked. Whether that is positive or negative I will leave up o you. For me it is a big plus.

And I guess he played the January build because he talks about bugs and a crash.

Original article: http://www.eurogamer.dk/articles/2015-03-31-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-er-magel-st-stort

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is magnicifantly big

On the outside I am calm, but on my inside I am full of excitement. I am Geralt and I am currently in the village of White Orchard which once belong to Termeria but is currently under Nilfgaard rule. I head into the nearest tavern where the manager is is currently taking down the beautiful gold plated with lilies coat of arms of Termeria from the wall. The citizens are angry, scared and frustrated.

HUGE spoiler:
The trail let me here to White Orcard. I am looking for someone I am familiar with. I ask the locals if the have seen that someone but I get no reply. The call me mutant, a freak. However they get vary when I take on the use of magic. Axii is a magical power that make me capable of reading the thoughts of others and manipulate their speech. The woman I am looking for is currently being held in a fortress north of the town.

I am controling Geralt i the direction along the river. I am riding my horse Roach, all the will I am looking around the terrain. The gaming world is matchless. Tan-brown fields get replaced by lush forests, which comes to life by wind in the trees. A herd of deer flees as I approach, they seem to be well aware that I am a danger to their existence. Everything is bushing with life. Further away on the other side of a peak I see a windmill. I should pay it a visit.

But somethings else catches my attention. On the mini map I see a little exclamation mark. A task is waiting for me in a forest hut near the river. A older woman stands outside the hut and looking inside suspiciously. I ask her what is going on. She is excited, the man in the hut has taken her frying pan. I laugh for myself, but still offer to help her out.

Already mention before but may be a spoiler to some:
I force myself access to the hut through the use of Aard, which tear open the door that breaks apart. Inside a fetch quest is not waiting for me as I had believed but instead something far more interesting. In the corner is the body of a dead man, while torn papers are scattered around the fireplace. I make use of my witcher sense to spot other interesting things in the room, all the while my brain are hard at work trying to figure out what has happened.

The whole situation is a perfect example of how The Witcher 3 have build up its open world. It is just not a check list that needs to be done, but instead small mysteries that needs to be solved.

Already mention before but may be a spoiler to some:
The same can be said from all other side quests I happen upon. Another mission takes you out on a quest to find and punish a culprit that is responsible for burning down the village blacksmith. My first though was it was he smith himself that is a victim, but things are no black and white in the Witcher. But soon the culprit is hanged and I question myself if I did the right thing.

I only had a couple of hours in he company of the Witcher but I learn plenty. The rickety combat system was much sharper and dynamic that in previous showings especially when more enemies surround Geralt. Besides that the hunting mission was surprisingly funny.

About the griffin hunt quest, nothing that you couldn't have guessed but I marked it as spoilers for those who don't want to know.
I got to hunt a big eagle (I assume the griffin), which also have been shown earlier. It was a long and advanced process. First its hiding had to be found which was done through the help of locals around the area, then a trap had to be prepared before finally the battle could take place. It was a tough fight which I won in the end.

I could write page up and down about the gaming world, how living and versatile it is. I got to play a later sequence which to place in a ice filed landscape with glaciates and the like. The games regions have each their own theme and it make them exciting to explorer. It surprised me positively how easy it is to get side tracked in The Witcher 3. No mater where I went there was something to discover.

When all that is said it is easy to recognized that the game still have away to go before i is completely polished. Besides a few bugs I had a crash of the game, so the decision to delay he game to May was defiantly well made. There can be no doubt that The Witcher 3 is a ambitious project and when the developers are at the finish line it could well be a candidate for game of the year.

Here's an article from BGR that talks about the same stuff that was in the 15 minute IGN video. Some info could be considered as spoilers so be advised. If you choose not to read it the most noteworthy thing that is said is, "I was playing on a PC with maxed out specifications, and I think I can safely say that The Witcher 3 has raised the bar for graphical performance this generation."
http://bgr.com/2015/04/08/the-witcher-3-preview/

IGN Podcast talks about the 6 hours of The Witcher 3 they played. Spoilers are present. I noticed shortly after posting this that @xdevnull posted the same podcast on the previous page, credit to them as well.
http://m.ign.com/videos/2015/04/09/podcast-beyond-the-witcher-3s-delays-were-worth-it

Spoiler free summary:

*the journalists were there to play two hours and ended up playing six before someone at CDPR asked if they wanted to go get dinner. (obviously nothing to due with impressions of the game but I thought it was awesome and worth mentioning)*

- was played on a previous build (he didn't specify which)

- Icons were everywhere on the map when they opened it up. They did say however that it is not like Assassin's Creed: Unity where a large majority of the icons are collectibles instead most of them are related to quests or places worth exploring.

- Best place to start for newcomers to the series but at the same time can be a bit overwhelming

- Side quests are AWESOME!!! They are long enough and substantial enough that they feel like their own story. They almost feel like building blocks to a larger drama. It's also a possibility that some side quests will lead to another one based on your actions.

- One of the journalists said that this game was the reason he bought a Playstation 4

- Very easy to see it being over 200+ hours

- The game looks really good

- It is as ambitious and substantial as when they first announced the game, the delays have not diminished that.

- Tons of stuff to do and so much to see it's overwhelming and exciting at the same time.

- In the six hours they played they could've gotten a lot farther but they chose to explore the huge open world instead.

- The griffin quest can be done a number of different ways

- Overall it's exactly what they hoped for and wanted in an open world game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom