Linux issues and user solutions

+
If you have problems with missing speech in dialogs, it's because of misconfiguration in User.ini

For example for the English version, change

Code:
Speech=EN
to
Code:
Speech=en

voice works after symlinking the file. However, the cutscenes where the action -> consquences are explained by a narrator there still is no voice, only text.

voice works after symlinking the file. However, the cutscenes where the action -> consquences are explained by a narrator there still is no voice, only text.

A known bug. Instead of symlinking you can change the value in "$HOME/.local/share/cdprojektred/witcher2/GameDocuments/Witcher 2/config/User.ini" from Speech=EN to Speech=en. Not sure if that can help, but try also changing Language=EN to Language=en for a test.

Last edited:
A known bug. Instead of symlinking you can change the value in "$HOME/.local/share/cdprojektred/witcher2/GameDocuments/Witcher 2/config/User.ini" from Speech=EN to Speech=en. Not sure if that can help, but try also changing Language=EN to Language=en for a test.
Not working, but Thank you anyway

Hey, first of all, thanks to the developement team for the "port", the game runs smothly (ubuntu 14.04 64). Second, thanks to the community, for their constant help to people that don't know that much about linux. :)

The thing is, I've been trying to install mods for the game, but the locations and files that I'm supposed to alter, don't exist on the linux version. Wanted to check if anyone got mods running. I want to try a couple mods from nexus (double extra talents at level up and rise of swords rebalanced), but inside cookedpc folder there are none of the folders and files the mods require... :(

Hello, i have this problem the game see like if have much light, like you can see in the attached image in TW2 GOG version, is only in this game. Thanks and sorry for my english

Attachments

• 2015-05-26-001630_1875x936_scrot.jpg
    2015-05-26-001630_1875x936_scrot.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 110
Hello, i have this problem the game see like if have much light, like you can see in the attached image in TW2 GOG version, is only in this game. Thanks and sorry for my english

Please submit your bug to the official Witcher 2 Linux bug tracker, and provide more information like your system, hardware configuration (especially the GPU), what driver you use and so on.

You can find it here:
https://github.com/virtual-programming/witcher2-linux/issues
https://github.com/virtual-programming/witcher2-linux

When I start the game under ubuntu 14.04.3 I get the message "We're sorry, but 'Witcher 2' has crashed."

The crash report is attached here: View attachment 18961

Attachments

• Crash.png
    Crash.png
    36 KB · Views: 113
  • Witcher 2 crash report - 2015-07-18 02:36:00.txt
    108.7 KB · Views: 150

Guest 2091327

Sometimes the game crashes on Linux, and I've noticed it usually happens while the game is pre-loading in the background before transferring to a new area, for instance from a sewer to the city again (but at other times seemingly a random crash). So I was wondering, could this have to do with soft/hard limits on open files? I'm using Linux Mint 17.1, and the default hard limit is 8096, and the soft limit 1024 open files. Can the game have more open files than this, especially when in these "transferring/loading" processes? If so, increasing the limit may help against these frustrating and instant CTD.

I also see that in ~/.local/share/cdprojektred/witcher2 there is a file called eon.txt that contains:

setrlimit(RLIMIT_MEMLOCK) failed, (1) Operation not permitted

This is about something different, but possibly related, and I assume the error means the game/user doesn't have permission to change this limit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,

I just installed the game and can't see BR in the text language section on configurator. The krbr.dzip dlc is enabled. Does anyone know how can I play the game in brazilian portuguese on linux?

Thanks in advance.

hello. does anybody know how to make base_scripts.dzip work? there is no such file in CookedPC directory, so mods using it didn't work. in configurator base_scripts dlc is enabled.

Top Bottom