Lippy Gudmund

+
I must praise you for creating this card. I really like cards like this with such unique effects.You can build entire deck based on this card and I love those type of cards.

Can you please not change his effect in future patches I still regret because Immlerith sabbath effect change.

It's a nice card, but rendered completely useless due to the existence of Xavier Lemmens, which a lot of people pick at the moment.

He does not get countered by Xavier Lemmens and is probably the best card in the game.

You can spent all your high recruitcost cards in the first round to make sure you win it and then play lippy as first card in the second round. He usually then brings 11 points to the board because of morkvarg and roach.

So he is a tempoplay of 11 points with one of the strongest effects in the game for a 8 provisions which is absurd.

I really like the card, its fun to play but its gamebreaking strong. It should be one of the highest cost cards.
And Xavier should be reworked entirely not because he counters lippy but he counters ghuls.
Whoever played 2x 1point ghuls knows what i am talking about. Xavier should banish like 3 cards from the graveyard not the entire graveyard in my opinion. That still counters ghuls but you can have at least like 6 points ghuls in the third round.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I started using Lippy only yesterday but i already love it.

And yes - its not Xavier that counters Lippy, its Lippy that counters Xavier. Still have to finetune the deck, but it has plenty of potential.

Here's a screen of what i got on a single turn, on an ideal situation (well, not ideal since the warrior didnt do any damage...)

Attachments

• Lippy Army.jpg
    Lippy Army.jpg
    656.8 KB · Views: 400
Yeah exactly what i am talking about. I think he is a fund card and should stay the way he works but the provisioncost is far too low. He would probably see play even at 16 recruitcost because playing your other high cards twice is still worth it.

Wait, I don't get it, provided that you play your best golds in R1, that means they will drag Roach and the rest with them, then if you play lippy R2 and he gets them back in your deck, doesn't it mean you have to play another gold to get roach and the rest on the field? Or do they somehow come the same turn Lippy got them back from the graveyard?

DRK3

Forum veteran
Wait, I don't get it, provided that you play your best golds in R1, that means they will drag Roach and the rest with them, then if you play lippy R2 and he gets them back in your deck, doesn't it mean you have to play another gold to get roach and the rest on the field? Or do they somehow come the same turn Lippy got them back from the graveyard?

No, it works like Assire - you put Roach back on deck but since Assire/Lippy are gold, Roach comes out instantly.

Lippy is really good, but i've struggled with him because of R2 - cant drypass R2 because i need him to put Cerys and Phoenix on Graveyard for R3, but then im wasting the Roach and Morkvarg play on R2. This is even worse when opponent won R1 and drypassed R2.

Usually only won when opponents tried to bleed on R2 and ended up losing CA for R3, only problem was big woodland when they play their big units on R2 and i still havent recovered the golds to destroy them i played R1 and would get on draws of R3.

It's as broken as Lemmens but SK only.
It undermines the whole provisions concept by playing a lot of gold cards.
Faced a deck today that managed to play witchers all 3 rounds.
It's not that difficult with Coral, Avalach, Resurrect, lots of special cards and Royal Decree.

Last edited:
With renew in deck Lippy could make it possible to play the witcher trio more then 3 times, if you're lucky enough to draw the right cards. It's a great card. Maybe it should become neutral.

I don't like how they balanced the accessibility of the card - 3200 scraps! while the provision cost is not that high (8). That allows only a few selected old players to get it and make use of the low provisions cost at the moment for great decks. If you are a new player, forget getting this card in the first few months.

This card is absurd should be removed play all your gold cards twise and the witchers 3 times played 4 times today against it you cant win the fact its not neutral card is stupid because some people dont play skelige at all and lippy does not have counter broken nerf

Lippy has high provisions and is a low tempo play. Outside of the seaonal mode, he is alright. The player has to manage to actual replay cards with 8 provisions more than the deck average to be worth it. The only way that is possible in a normal game is due to lots of thinning (and SK easily being to do that isn't Lippys fault)

Lippy is not OP, but I just witnessed a game against the new Coral which truly now is an OP card. That, in combination with the noober-trio and cheesy horn.

Top Bottom