List of bugs / suggestions from my first playthrough.

+
This is a list of things I Noticed / thought of while playing through my first 50 hours of the game.

PC windows 10 x64 v20H2
2070 Super
8th Gen 8700k
16GB ram

Things that need immediate attention

• NPC AI
    • Civilian AI
      • Running away from me like I have a gun when i dont
      • Remaining completely calm when i point a shotgun in their face
      • No awareness of Player physical body (will walk right through me)
    • Police AI
      • While being chased by police opening a shop removes any wanted level or pursuit
      • Doesnt care if I steal their police car right in front of them
      • Often starts attacking me for getting too close to them?
    • Enemy AI
      • Bad pathing during combat leading to standing still and becoming target dummies
      • Poor reactions to grenades (not running)
      • Gang members dont care if I walk up and point a gun in their face (the should care right?)
    • Vehicle AI
      • Stops for obstacles and will remain there forever.
      • Often loses awareness for other vehicles entirely
      • Stolen car owners should sometimes fight back or draw a gun on you

• Major Gameplay issues
    • Subtitles
      • Subtitles are able to be turned off but it is expected that if subtitles are turned off that any thing said not in the native language of the user will automatically be shown in subtitles. Therea re several foriegn speaking parts of the story that require subtitles to understand what is happening yet the subtitles dont show up. As an English speaker I dont want subtitles for anything in English and therefore turned off my subtitles. For the first 30 hours of gameplay I was under the impression that since there were no subtitles that my character didnt understand what was being said and I was fine with that because I assumed that since this was the case that any relevant information would be conveyed to me by those around me in game who did understand the language. It wasnt until the end of the game when V responded to one of those foreign dialogue options that I turned on subs and realized it was being translated for her. This was a major disappointment and any subtitles not in the users native language should be on by default regardless of the subtitle setting. This could also be a subtitle setting itself in addition to the two options already available. This is a MAJOR ISSUE.
      • Subtitles when turned off sometimes show up anyway at the end of a conversation and stay there until the next loading screen. This leaves them on screen for long periods of time but can be fixed by going into the subtitles section of the settings and just simply turning the subtitles on and off again. Or by reloading a save. However, If the very last thing that happened before the save was someone talking then this line of dialogue will show up again as a subtitle and stick around.
      • NPC's names sometimes get stuck as a sentence of dialogue and then stays visible on the the screen even when fast traveling across the map
    • Audio
      • Enemy audio is often incorrect in 3D space sounding like its right behind me but the enemy is too far away to sound that close.
      • Starting with the boardroom quest in "the jungle" none of the board members had any voices. After that this issue has become very prominent. Even after "just one more gig" Multiple quests have lost all dialogue except for the main character. I had to sit through the entire "Chippin in" montage where only Johnny was talking and after that Johnny stopped talking too. This could sometimes be fixed by reloading a save but its not working anymore and i couldn't even attempt it during the cutscene because i couldn't save at that time.
    • Visual
      • While doing some missions (like waiting to blow the EMP in the badlands) in the distance I can see the cars vanishing when they get too close to the objective area. Assuming this is so they dont wreck the scripted driving path of the quest but there has to be a better way to handle this. (fixing vehicle awareness would be a start and making generic dialog for being stuck in traffic if it gets too bad. Or script all the traffic in the quest area instead of making it vanish because its in the way)
      • Anytime I found myself in the Mikoshi there was a stripe across the top of my screen with inverted colors and bright RGB
    • Other
      • After your first visit to Vik there is a bug that keeps you from progressing any further unless you reload the save. This is misleading because you have the option to pay him and thats the only thing you can do which is leading people to think they need to go get the money before they can progress which is not the case. This bug stops the entire game dead in the water. (Fixed 1.05)
      • Stats are not showing properly or are not affecting the player properly. For example I have a legendary equipped that increases damage to high threat and moderate threat targets by 25% but in the stats section it states that this modifier is 0%
-----Things that need attention eventually-----

• User interface issues
    • Mini map needs to zoom out based on speed. Its way too close and doesnt allow my to prepare for turns in time.
    • Inventory for weapons needs work. Its really easy to miss an upgrade because everything I look at compares itself to only the weapon i click on to get into the weapon menu. Adding alternate tabs for each weapon type would allow better more efficient sorting and curating of weapons of that type to narrow down the best one of each category.
    • Selling items is very tedious.
      • The left side goes dark and "refreshes" after every item sold which is very annoying.
      • selling or breaking multiple items starting from the bottom leads to a strange bug where the list seems to force itself to slowly scroll to the top and then I have to scroll back down to the bottom.
      • Bulk selling / breaking down items should be a feature to eliminate a lot of these issues. Either that or being able to mark items as junk and clicking a "sell all junk" button would be amazing. Being able to highlight multiple items for breakdown would also be amazing.
      • adding a sell all button to the sliders when selling stacks of items (like energy drinks) would also be a nice addition to alleviate this being so tedious.
    • No option to see how much ammo I currently have while crafting ammo. Cant see how much I have or how much I am making at a time and the game allows me to continue to craft ammo even when I am currently at max which wastes resources.
    • Destination pathing for objectives and waypoints could use some work. It often tells me to do a half loop in the middle of an intersection for no reason among other various imperfections.
    • Shop icons on the mini map often get anchored to the player somehow and follow the player for a little bit
    • User health information sometimes doesnt show up when combat starts abruptly and I am unable to see my health bar at all even though I can tell I am about to die.

• Minor Gameplay Issues
    • Vehicle physics need work. Hitting the E-brake should not have me slide to the left and then back to the right for no reason. Feels pretty off and creates an overall bad feeling while driving. Handling needs work overall and feels too sluggish in some cars and way too loose on others to the point where im fish tailing just trying to drive straight.
    • Various NPC's / cars / assets "poofing" into view
      • Some objects are positioned in such a way that when the player gets close enough to render them they clip each other and cause them to fly in various random ways. One box of glass bottles was stacked on top of another but when i bumped them they exploded and turns out there was an entire other piece of furniture occupying the same space and this caused the box of bottles to go flying and shatter everywhere. OR.. driving up to a parking lot can sometimes cause multiple cars to fly into the sky because more than one car was occupying the same space.
    • Multiple objects in game are invisible or not present at random times like cups of coffee or cigarettes and the occasional "jack in" port cable.
    • Civilian audio sometimes come out as clearly female when the NPC is as male is it gets.
    • Player camera hovers at normal walking height when player is knocked down
    • Multiple NPC's cant handle stairs properly.
    • Several item of clothing do not stay in place when NPC's navigate stairs
    • Several items can not be looted due to falling through invisible barriers or even actual barriers such as the floor of quest vehicle that is stationary.
    • The Cyber Psysho Ritual event has a chance to become broken. I came in from the top of the area. Assumed the guy rolling around the was the psycho and snuck up and put him in a headlock. After killing him and looting the shard I completed all the other tasks but it would not activte the encounter. The guy who had the shard continued to have a yellow magnifying glass on him no matter how many times i examined him. Reloading my save and approaching from the road fixed this issue but I should be able to come at this objected from any direction and if putting this guy in a headlock breaks the quest just disable his abilities to be put in one.
    • Sometimes the Tarot cards dont show up during readings.
    • NPC's sometimes stand, sit, or lean on objects that are not there
    • Sometimes lose the ability to run when getting out of a vehicle
    • sometimes lost the ability to change dialogue options when tabbing out to a second monitor during selection
    • Some vehicles when called are clipped like half a foot below the ground.
    • Spawning vehicles can spawn them in really strange spots. One time I was on a building and it spawned it on the roof. Another time it spawned it inside another car and fell through the ground entirely. This kept happening over and over even after I spawned another car and didnt stop until I moved away and respawned that same vehicle.
    • The phrase where Johnny says "Poor bastard, His output's prolly out in Albuquerque waitin; unaware little Jero's brain turned to jelly" has been stuck on my game for the last 10 hours of playtime. Reloading a save causes it to immediately trigger the voice line again which is audible. The subtitle line then stays on screen also until I turn the subs on and off again. But no matter how many saves and reloads it triggers every time.
    • "Leaving Signal Area" warning from braindances sometimes get stuck on screen after leaving the braindance even though this warning was not showing when player left the brain dance. Requires save and reload to fix.
    • Drive to the farm with river on "The Hunt" quest has River swerving rather randomly like he is drunk or something and we hit a car that was in the middle of the road.
    • Spawning the car sometimes has it driving in circles forever. (happened at the farm from the Hunt quest)
    • Walking up a ladder behind River causes you to move away from the ladder as you climb faster than River which causes you to lose your ladder status and you fall.
    • after spawning in after fast travel your character will rotate in place for no reason (this is PC so not a controller stick issue)

• Suggestions
    • World map needs selective filters so I can show combinations like Fast Travel + Clothing Stores at the same time or any other combinations. So something like check boxes for the ones you want to see and unchecking the ones you dont currently want to see (like cars for sale that look like quests
    • Opening and closing the world map should be the same button. M opens the map but closing it requires me to hit escape twice. Minor annoyance but an annoyance none the less. I get that this is so you can rotate the map and angle it but that could easily be a side option in the map itself to "unlock it" and position it how you want then lock it again.
    • Please change the icon color and symbol for purchasing cars to something different.. like a Purple Key or something.
    • Change or add to the current vehicle system a way to steal cars and take them to a chop shop that will allow you to own them
    • Add crafting levels to things to show how many times it can be leveled given your current level. Not a cap really just have it say something like 0/3 which means i can level it 3 times. If i level my character it would go to 0/4. This way I could know If I have been using a weapon too long and I look at it and it says 0/12 i realize that weapon could be a lot more powerful and i could set out to gain the resources to upgrade it.
    • Let us store Johnny's Clothing items in the stash
    • Please let someone who had actually been to a rave animate the dancing in the clubs. Please
    • Street lights appear to be on the wrong side of the intersection. Like how would the driver be able to see them? I suppose the cars could have this linked to them cause its the future but when im in the driver pov trying to follow the rules of the road i cant see them at all withough changing the camera view.
    • Legendary Items should respawn after a time and be available to respawn indefinitely after enough time has passed for them to respawn. Currently the working method is to just save the game and reload as many times as needed to get the most sockets. This is pretty feel bad when I get a legendary that has 1 socket and I know it can have 4. Do I just take the 1 drop? or spend 30 seconds saving and reloading to get the best version. The choice is pretty simple from a game like this. Something should be done to influence people to not save scum it. Like just make legendaries have the max number of sockets.. But also make them continuously available. Example.. The DR12 Quasar dropped from the club boss for me as an epic but other people report this as the only way to get a legendary. I can now never get a legendary version of this weapon because it didnt drop for me as a legendary and there is no way to repeat the quest.
    • Reduce population in random areas. Loads of people walking around abandoned buildings and closed shops wandering aimlessly is just decreasing performance and feels out of place. Give them goals or tasks.. like walk from home to the store and back or take a friend to the hospital. I mean i get some random bystanders and civilians but they just seem out of place because they are not doing anything and in the back of my head i know that. But also I know in real life this would not be the case on all of these streets. This isnt a matter of lowering the population density in the settings its just a matter of why are these people walking in these locations.
    • Add in a way to select vehicles you own in camera mode and open their doors / hood. or add a way to do this outside of camera mode. Also leaving the lights on on the car would be a nice option.
    • Spamming camera mode as you leave a car sometimes causes your clothes to be duplicated in camera mode in an alternate pose than what you are in.
    • make enemies scale up to players if they would be lower level. After a certain point they become so easy the entire game becomes a joke. (around level 24 ish) which means by the time I was level 50 I cant find a single thing to do that presents a challenge.

• Consumables
    • I feel like this deserves its own section. Consumables like the energy drinks and snacks feel pretty bad. Like the bonuses they give you are great but tedious in a lot of ways. I really like the inhaler to add health as its always available and i can use it on the fly. Pausing the game however to go into ym inventory to activate the consumable is pretty lame. Not only that but the bonuses are not worth the effort. Like they are really good bonuses but you simply dont need them. They are also tedious to sell and they take up weight which means eventually I have to sell them and you cant sell all of them so im forced to click them one at a time and move the slider bar over to the max to sell them all.
      Alternatively what if this consumable idea was scrapped and instead you move to "stims".
      • Stims
        • Stims would be used via a special inhaler which could have mods attached to it. Inhalers would have specific on use effects on them such as "When activated increase crit chance by 25% for 60 seconds" or "When activated increase defense by 20% for 50 seconds. Any random number of effects could be added this way. A white cheap version might say increase defense by 10% for 30 seconds. green would increase "stat name" by 15%. for 40 seconds, Blue by 20% for 50 seconds, purple by 25% for 60 seconds and legendary by 30% for 1min 30 seconds. You could find specific mods which would give additional but less powerful bonuses like increased run speed or recharge ram faster or increase reload speed Stims would be fueled by the consumables you pick up which would automatically be deconstructed into Stim Powder which can then be crafted into Stim Capsules which would = 1 stim use. Then you just bind it to a hotkey and boom you have an on hand easy to use buff that is tailored to the individual user and their playstyle. This would be way more intuitive than the current system and removes having to deal with them clogging up your inventory. This could also be added to the crafting talent tree. Tossing points in to automatically destroy the consumables and another to automatically craft Stim Capsules.
This is all I have now. Im going to start working on getting to the other endings and will update this when I find more issues. I hope the dev team can find some use for this. I am 50 hours in and really enjoying the game. I know its got to be hard to spend so long working on something like this to have it met with such criticism but i think overall the game is pretty fantastic. It could honestly do with a more engaging intro as the first 4 hours were pretty bland. It didnt pick up and get interesting until about hour 7 when I hit the game title screen. AND LESS LOCKED DOORS LOL.. Let me waste my time by exploring random floors of apartment buildings and office towers. I really look forward to future updates / DLC's

An ending where you build or find another body for Johnny so you can both keep living in the world. Maybe he could become one of the guys who gives you jobs or something. IDK.. maybe an idea for future content. Although getting Keanu to do more dialogue cant be cheap so i get it.
Post automatically merged:

Updated
Post automatically merged:

Updated x2

Last edited:
Top Bottom