List of issues 1.62

+
Background:
This is to keeptrack of issues i had encountered.
Game is unmodded vanilla experience.
Game is ran on HDR monitor, so colors may seem very bright, unnatural

(Setup)
CPU: 5900X (No OC)
RAM: 32G 3600MHz
GPU: 7900 XTX (Manual Fan Curve)

1. Game only launches with older version of drivers 23.1.1, and older. (Game crashes with newer drivers, clean DDU in safe mode)

2. Certain shadows are very grainy (present in overdrive, and any RT version)
1681312013233.png

3. trail of objects being left as they move, whether car or npc's creating smuges... even tho i have well over 60fps
1681312309674.png

1681312190216.png

1681312607447.png

4. Unnatural bloom when using RT, often you cannot see anything due to it. In certain conditions, it makes game unplayable.
1681312238259.png

5. NPC quality - they seem to be shadowed but not correctly - it needs few seconds before they get their brightness back
1681312446238.png

6. NPC car headlights do not seem to be rendered with same/full range as other lights; most often it looks like they are disabled.

7. Can be too dark, and have no light source...
1681312709637.png

7. Some cars, do not have full rtx; they seem to be using cube map instead for reflective surfaces (note there's no sky above to reflect in this place)
1681313006283.png

Conclusion

RT disabled provides best visual quality.
1681313176220.png

Adding this iron fence pop in issue to the list. It's loading the high quality assest just few meters away from the camera.

See this comparison how the fence should look like.

I confirmed that this issue does not happen with old 1.6. build and was introduced with 1.61

Initially had a pop up message on main menu saying something along the lines of “User Profile Data is Corrupted and Cannot be Saved/Repaired.” The pop up required closing twice. I was only able to apparently fix it by closing out GOG Galaxy, relaunching as Admin (my PC Profile is Admin but whatever), and Verify/Repairing the game. The save game I had right outside Embers ran perfectly smoothly BUT on choosing the Rogue Ending Choice, the game repeatedly crashed out reliably every few minutes or less. I’m submitting a bug report while simultaneously trying a clean uninstall/reinstall, though I suspect this will require a hottie or full patch. CDPR has really made me angry here. I don’t use mods and have NEVER had to do this kind of reinstall, maybe even from launch day.

Everything you're identifying seems like it could still be a driver issue. I would recommend uninstalling the drivers with DDU, then clean out your Registry using CCleaner. Run the cleaner repeatedly until it reports "No conflicts". Restart the PC and run it repeatedly again until it reports "No conflicts." Restart the PC and run it again, etc. Keep that up until CCleaner reports "No conflicts" immediately after a restart.

At that point, install the latest AMD drivers again. Be sure to download the reference drivers directly from AMD.com.

Additionally, through the control panel for your GPU, disable any "optimizations" that may be active. Set everything there for Maximum Quality, then fiddle with the in-game settings if you need more performance.

I believe i did mentioned that game just doesn't start on newer drivers with DDU used in safe mode.
CCleaner is pretty much a spyware, there was few occurrences where they attached malware with their software few years back.

In GPU settings things are pretty much vanilla... out-the-box exp.

By game doesn't start -> means its crashing when you try to start it; you cannot change any settings ingame.

Error Reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

I had attempted at creating gog ticket, as well as cdpr ticket for cyberpunk (here's few things i had tried - its a lot.)

As an owner of an MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X VGA just one word sums up this update: CRAP!
I have many mods installed and all of them have been broken. Patience. It's the same for anyone who mods a game.
However, the reports of poor image definition, color change (the blood is now always blue, kkkk), brutal loss of performance in a game without mods is regrettable.
Nothing justifies this update other than the Nvidia/CDPR partnership for testing purposes.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Good number of LoD pop in very close to the character. Fences and Barbed Wire textures / models are the most prominent example.

Attachments

• CP_Fence_F.png
    CP_Fence_F.png
    7.1 MB · Views: 76
Everything you're identifying seems like it could still be a driver issue. I would recommend uninstalling the drivers with DDU, then clean out your Registry using CCleaner. Run the cleaner repeatedly until it reports "No conflicts". Restart the PC and run it repeatedly again until it reports "No conflicts." Restart the PC and run it again, etc. Keep that up until CCleaner reports "No conflicts" immediately after a restart.

Your advice is good aside from the registry cleaning. That WAS valid advice 10+ years ago. Not so much now. In fact most IT professionals like myself do not suggest it. reg cleaning now can do far more damage then good. Technically speaking it is no longer needed (and arguably even back then it's benefits was debatable).

As an aside, I’d recommend against CCleaner and instead suggest System Mechanic, especially professional. It’s a paid for service but worth it. Don’t work for them, just had the multiple occasions to compare it between other clean up utilities.

In patch 1.62, none of the vertical sync modes work. It's unpleasant to play, the picture is always torn to pieces.

RTX3070ti
Ryzen 7 5800x
Goodram PX500 Gen.2 512GB NVMe
HyperX DDR4-2666 32GB
ASRock X370 PRO4
Windows 11
Wide Monitor 21:9 (2560x1080)
Steam
Nvidia Driver v531.41

Out of curiosity i set up a brand new system (disconnected my other disks, with 2 sticks of 2400MHz ecc ram) with Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC, installed brand new drivers 23.4.1's, and ran windows updates - it produced same crash.

Error Reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

thus we can exclude CCleaner, System Mechanic and similar tools completely; as well as ram.

Seems to be running fine for me, minus the end game - mission(s) following Nocturne Op55n1.
Have i9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, EVGA 2080 Ti (latest drivers), and I run it on 2560x1440.

The game is UNPLAYABLE on 1.62
Is it just crashing for you all the time, regardless of circumstance? Does it crash on launch? Is the video play extremely clunkly, staggering rather than flowing? Do you run into quests you can’t complete due to what are almost certainly bugs?

If yes, try to break it down a little. Are you crashing on launch? If so, than absolutely send in a bug report to CDPR Support, I’ll put a link down below. You’ll want a dxdiag text file, a crash log/report, and just a full description of what happened, short or long (think they allow 1,000 characters).
If you’re crashing in game, does it matter where you are on the map or is it all over and anywhere? Are you involved in any specific gig or job? Talking to a particular NPC? Is there any kind of warning before the crash, just a weird graphical or sound thingie you associate with the crash incoming?
If the gameplay and video quality / playback is horrible, see about creating a benchmark by going in game to Settings and looking there.
Keep in mind there’s also the steps for troubleshooting this in deep on your own to really help out support in advance. I am assuming all of this is on PC. Firstly, backup all existing saves and even screenshots or such you want to save. Create a new folder outside of Steam/GOG Galaxy somewhere on your drive and copy/cut and paste them all there. After that, run a clean uninstall, reinstall. For myself, I just use Revo Uninstall Pro Portable, followed by a Deep Clean Scan of System Mechanic Ultimate which works quick and amazingly. Assuming you don’t have those utilities and don’t want to use them, Support has their own steps for the Clean Uninstall, easily found I promise. Now, you can leave things like so at this point and more often than not, if any troubleshooting will fix the problem than nine times out of ten this will do it. But if you want to go REALLY deep, consider doing a full on clean uninstall & reinstall of your graphics driver as well. I’ll link to what’s in Support but it never hurts to buttress your understanding via the DDU Community, Reddit, and obviously the AMD/NVidia forums as well. If the following steps (clean uninstall game, clean uninstall graphics driver, install graphics driver (and customize), and reinstall game) don’t work, include that in your bug report because Support absolutely needs to hear about this. As a small note, I am extremely OCD and don’t play a lot of games at any one time. For my least clean up I cleanly Uninstalled Cyberpunk 2077, Witcher 3 Game of the Year Edition, and GOG Galaxy itself. I figured, go all in. But again, back up what you don’t want to lose. When the Uninstaller asks if it should delete saved games, say YES (because you’ve already backed them up elsewhere).

Last edited:
The problem is not on my side. They have changed something in how the graphics works so FidelityFX is not working properly anymore leaving traces on the screen.

I’m on mobile and formatting the post right plus clarifying my thoughts can be a nightmare, so no offense taken.
Post automatically merged:

i doubt you even read the other posts. (sorry you did read them, but that longpost feels ai generated.)

Also played around more with DLSS, it really borks out when using an nvidia card with a Ryzen CPU when you open a menu - risks severe stutter for several seconds upon closing any menu. Not sure how to correctly file a ticket with proof for this though.

Also note the missing LoD for power poles in the badlands. LoD in general has a lot of issues in both 1.61 and 1.62

Top Bottom