List of Missing Options (and Features)

+

Guest 4060800

I'm assembling a list of missing options and invite everyone to +1 those they'd like to see too :)

Already seen multiple threads to some of these and considered skipping them in this thread, but I think a more or less complete overview could be handy/valued - this is intended to improve/perfect a game that alread has many amazing things but even more potential for improvement. I might even extend the list if we're allowed to edit much later after posting and others have stuff that seriously needs an option or to be implemented.

So far I've got these main settings that really bother me not being available...
  • disable TAA / common AA options
    TAA is just awful and almost painful for me to look at. I've got astigmatism and the smeared tearing caused by TAA feels exactly like when my eyes get over-strained because I'm in serious need of new glasses. Please let us disable this. Better yet: let us pick from the usual list of anti-aliasing methods. I'd prefer a decrease in looks - no problem as long as the blurry image is gone.
    Just one example: when I use the "MK.2X Grandstand" scope on a rifle the tearing gets so bad when moving the crosshair that I can't even see anything in my scope - I've made a screnshot, but it doesn't represent it very good - in game it looks even worse, especially in dark environments:
    TAA tearing.png
    Wrote more about it in the dedicated thread to this issue:

• toggle setting for the "hold key" and "double-tap" features for all keys
    The list of key bindings should be extended with another column to pick "tap", "double-tap" or "hold" for each input (radio buttons would be perfect, drop-down menu ok too).
    Let us decide if we want to reach for another button or hold down or double-tap a key to initiate an action. Many of us have a lot of extra keys on our mice; and our keyboards sport much more keys than any console controller - please let us use them and don't dictate that entering your car needs a short press while leaving it requires a long one for example. I'm kinda having trouble holstering my weapons doing a double-tap on alt using my thumb below my palm - and the "hold alt" for weapon wheel doesn't feel much better. Even if I rebind - key press recognition is bad in CP2077 and double-taps don't work very well in general for me (plus I don't like it one bit even when it works).

Alternative to the above, at least...
  • disable double-tap inputs
    Let's have a key assignment for this. There's a mod on nexusmods that does this, but I'd really prefer something basic like input scheme provided in the vanilla version.

• disable auto-centering of the camera while driving
    If possible please give us a new key to center the camera when we want to - don't force it on the player. I have plenty of buttons on my mouse and keyboard - please let me use them. Sentiment: I'd really like to enjoy the view for more than 3 seconds before I'm either forced back into looking straight ahead or having to wiggle my mouse around, which is really distracting and uncomfortable.

• adjustable text speed
    Please add a setting to increase/decrease timings for on-screen hints and quick-time decisions during dialogs.
    Not being a native English speaker I have trouble reading those petrol-colored hints fast enough that are blasting by in my peripheral vision. Most of the time I can read half of it before it's gone and finding it in the database turned out to be... well, I didn't find those I was looking for.
    Same goes for quick-time events (or whatever you call it when you don't have much time to pick an answer option). Adding to the frustration, somehow the game doesn't always register me pressing F (which I mapped to one of my many mouse buttons). Seems I have to keep the key pressed longer? But in the short amount of time that's left to decide after I finished just reading those options, any non registered key press is really bad.

• give priority to direct ray casting
    Be it something I want to pick up or a radio I want to interact with - I often find myself being unable to interact with stuff around me, when there's more than one thing. Right now I'm standing next to "Coach Fred" and try to pick up a shard that's next to him (2m away) on the bench - yet I can't take it, because there's a proximity dialog that triggers when I want to take the thing that I look at directly.
    Just try to turn off the radio on the table in your apartment without taking all the bottles first - it can be an infuriating task.
    Other stuff I just can't pick up or interact with at all - like there's some kind of paper or folder laying on the floor and I just can't target it. Other times a weapon is stuck half in the ground and ray casting the part that sticks out doesn't allow me to pick it up.
    Please make directly ray-casted stuff ALWAYS take precedence above whatever else is going on around you... thanks!

That's it with the main requests, which I feel should really be in the game.
Now for some less important things. Let's say these would be "very nice to have".
  • holster using numbers
    When weapon slot 1 is selected, please let's just holster our weapon by pressing 1 again. Same for the other slots.

• let us skip the logo intro
    With the game crashing from time to time it's a bit annoying having to watch those logos and the legal statements every time. Let us skip them sooner please.

• add mouse cursor to weapon wheel
    Weapon wheels may feel natural using a controller stick, but they don't using a mouse. Since we need to click anyways, why not give us the option to use a cursor to click things?

• remove hard key binds
    There seem to be certain keys that we can't remap or use otherwise. Dedicated thread:

• increase the max head turn angle when driving in first person
    Please give us the option to look behind us to drive backwards in first person. When I'm in my car or on my bike in the real world, I don't have too many issues turning my torso a bit and look straight back. In fact I use that technique when driving backwards quite often on four wheels. On the bike it would be AWESOME if the character would sit a bit upright and take one hand off the handles to look back - as we do IRL too, especially when rolling backwards.

• increase the vertical max head turn angle
    IRL I don't have any problems looking behind me through my legs or bend over backwards a bit to look more than 90° up. Being limited to +/- ~70° from the horizontal in games feels bad and doesn't make sense.

• put some time into consistent NPC attitude
    When I approach NPCs their comments are rather nice, sooometimes at least. The reception at the front entrance of that bar in the beginning for instance says something nice about the player's char being cute? But when you think maybe there's a dialog and you try to talk to them, they say something very aggressive and dismissive, which truly breaks immersion. Overall it's not much fun talking to anyone the game doesn't tell you to. Maybe you could add some attitude property to all characters and tag the NPC responses accordingly, so if a cop is nice to you for helping out, the next time you talk to him he should pick from the same attitude tag/tree that he's been set before etc.

• improve NPC danger avoiding/escape
    Honk and nobody cares - almost ride them over and they start running around in circles and most of the time stay in front of the vehicle. Once they get bumped even a little, they often kneel down and raise their hands? Even worse they seem to never ever stand up again? Who kneels or rather "hides" in front of a car that's about to hit him and shows only some fingertips for the driver to see over the hood? Srsly, please let them run perpendicular to the vehicle's direction or something.

• put location names on the map
    It really doesn't help looking for Lizzy's Bar when all the bars on the map just read "bar" and nothing else..? Instead of "Fixer" it should read "Fixer: Regina Jones" etc.

• put weapon damage and armor rating on the item tiles in the inventory
    After looting I often get multiple of the same weapon/armor item in my inventory, all looking exactly the same. Hovering over each and every single one and remembering which had what stats quickly becomes a nasty chore way too often. You already have the full name on there and an ammo rating (that I do not understand) on guns and there's plenty of room - use it to show DPS and base damage on weapons and armor rating on clothing items (bottom left corner is empty, use it) to make the tiles a bit more unique, please. Also it's not helping that the whole list shifts/restacks when selling something or putting it into your stash. Further confusion is added when the sides in the comparison switch all the time, depending on weather it's shown left or right of your cursor; the equipped item should always be on the same side to make it more intuitive where to look for the stats of the item you are hovering.

• switch firing-mode
    Maybe I just didn't find the key that does it, but some weapons seem to fire in burst mode only. Even today in 2020 and for the past few decades... when a firearm got burst mode, semi auto and full auto should also be available. Not a weapons expert tho, but I think that's pretty standard. I know some have only semi and burst and lack full auto, but I've never seen anything being burst-only before and think it's rather inconvenient.

In addition I kinda miss some features that I feel should be in a game setting like this.
  • hair-stylists, bodymod-shops and weapon paints
    They seem to be missing in the game? Everyone is switching body parts and we can't even dye our hair? Doesn't feel right - especially not in this game's setting ;D ... tho maybe I just didn't find them yet? Also I can see individualized weaponry... gang members seem to do it, why can't I?

• remove equipment mods
    For me it takes a lot away from the joy of tuning my gear if I can't tinker and test what works best. Usually I end up not installing any mods at all, because... who knows? Maybe there's a much better mod around the corner and if I install this now I can throw the whole thing away later. IIRC there wasn't even a warning this would happen - mods look exactly like attachments and I was happily switching those around when I installed a mod into my DRM-free forged katana, just to later get the message "ACTION BLOCKED" when I tried to remove it. I know I can build another copy of this Katana, but I don't know... the first one that was given to me as pre-order bonus kinda feels a bit special and now it's stuck with a dmg+7 mod forever? If there's a perk I can pick for this I haven't found it yet - only the option to destroy it to recover mods, but that's kinda the wrong way around.

• car and motorcycle dealerships
    Where? I've read I'm supposed to wait for a fixer to offer me something... well... that doesn't sound like something fun to aspire to. Sounds as if it implies I need to work for certain individuals to acquire certain vehicles - probably being pretty wealthy at some point it doesn't make any sense I can't buy whatever vehicle I chose to. But maybe I just need to proceed a bit through the game to unlock dealerships..
    /edit/update
    Ok, being offered multiple vehicles and errr "carrying the shop around" as another mission cathegory ain't as bad as expected. Still I'd really like to see brand dealerships in the future that put their vehicles on display and maybe offer (virtual?) test rides and repairs etc.

• mirror image
    I notice my character doesn't show up in reflective surfaces at all - I can see the counter behind me clearly in Yoko's shop, but not myself or any other characters (respectively dynamic objects). It would be nice if RTX would be supported here.

That being said: I really love this game so far - especially the attention to detail and all the funny references (I'd like to name some, but I don't want to spoiler anything (as you did in your recent videos (shame on your PR people for the serious plot spoilers :p (I got hit without any warning and didn't like it one bit)))).

Did I forget something major?

Last edited by a moderator:
- BARBER SHOP!!!! <--- (I legit didn't belive it when I read it didn't have it)

- Diffrent light in character customization. <--- (I head some people need to make there character over beacuse the hair colour was weird in the "real world". I my self feel for this, when my neils was completely a diffrent colour of what I thought they were)

- Hide helmet. <--- ( Like WTF come on cdpr this is not next lvl shit)

- Change how your clothes looks with out changing your gear stats. <--- ( AKA transmog)

This is not I whish they but them in list, this is something the game NEEDS to have.

I'm assembling a list of missing options and invite everyone to +1 those they'd like to see too
+1

I agree, these are a few essential things that need to be added. With all the great looking characters and stunning environment you'd think the illusion of a real city would be exceptional, but the emergent behaviour of the ai citizens is irritating, so much that I find myself fast travelling whenever possible.

Yeah all of these seems very easy fix compare to more dire problems..Plz CDPR we love you but..come on.

+1 for the third person view... It's completely stupid to make a game with clothes customization etc... and the only way to see it is to look in a mirror or in the inventory.... (n):shrug:
I don't get it... So for me It will THE major improvement to do in top priority.

But you did an tremendous job on this game :D

Hello, can you make two options for vidéo saturation and "teinte"

130712188_786342411952546_567521528852709832_n.jpg

130912193_1054024208444609_5523873347069206085_o.jpg

131389277_851493158951329_6496230524408051385_o.jpg

130922680_3898346416856639_2527079889129769747_n.jpg

131080519_1054024155111281_5924856032705861123_o.jpg

131029120_1054024305111266_5015984426979415176_o.jpg

130265272_3898346466856634_6043544010088664940_n.jpg

131256004_177271367441214_2787732380110991982_o.jpg

131204108_10225329082999307_1952281769337815567_o-02.jpg

Attachments

• 130875908_3465973980118216_5851025580381344047_o.jpg
    130875908_3465973980118216_5851025580381344047_o.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Not sure where else I can post this for the devs to see. But a couple things I wanna suggest. 1. Have more than 1 character slot. 2. While in stealth my character will dodge. I'm on pc so I don't press the keys down all the way when I move side to side so my guy dodges and goes out of stealth. So I want to be able to turn off the dodge mechanic in stealth or have the deva disable when crouched. Other than that so far the game is good and needs some polish but overall I'm having fun just want stealth to be a little more smoother.

Guest 4060800

Thanks for the nice feedback and additions so far :)

Found another really annoying thing..
  • add weapon loot to unaware/stealth victims
    Enemies only seem to have weapons when they engage in a fight. Never had any weapon loot on stealth kills. If the NPC has not drawn a weapon, but would have if alerted, it should be part of the loot.

Some good stuff in there.
I definitely second:

- give priority to direct ray casting
This is sooo annoying.
Also targeting an item with the crosshair doesn't seem to do anything, really. It all seems to work via some kind of "distance-priority"-based system? Say there's 3 bottles on a table and you want to take the one in the very back. It's impossible because you can't target it specifically for some reason. You'll automatically target the one that's closest to you...

improve NPC danger avoiding/escape
Yup...actually NPC behaviour in general could use a good once over, but this whole "cower in fear and never ever get up again" thing is really annoying.

Guest 4060800

Also targeting an item with the crosshair doesn't seem to do anything, really. It all seems to work via some kind of "distance-priority"-based system? Say there's 3 bottles on a table and you want to take the one in the very back. It's impossible because you can't target it specifically for some reason. You'll automatically target the one that's closest to you...
That's what I meant with "ray casting"... not sure if that was the perfect term to name it tho :rolleyes:

The current selection is even worse - I feel like it's "the thing that's closest to a specified distance from you" or something. Like when I stand exactly in front of an item, the NPC behind it will take priority. And I mean to remember I had to move back from a bunch of items on the ground or a table in order to target something further back too? One way or another, it feels very weird and I wish "ray casting", meaning "looking directly at something" would always take top priority.

I'm assembling a list of missing options and invite everyone to +1 those they'd like to see too :)

Already seen multiple threads to some of these and considered skipping them in this thread, but I think a more or less complete overview could be handy/valued - this is intended to improve/perfect a game that alread has many amazing things but even more potential for improvement. I might even extend the list if we're allowed to edit much later after posting and others have stuff that seriously needs an option or to be implemented.

So far I've got these main settings that really bother me not being available...
  • disable TAA / common AA options
    TAA is just awful and almost painful for me to look at. I've got astigmatism and the smeared tearing caused by TAA feels exactly like when my eyes get over-strained because I'm in serious need of new glasses. Please let us disable this. Better yet: let us pick from the usual list of anti-aliasing methods. I'd prefer a decrease in looks - no problem as long as the blurry image is gone.
    Just one example: when I use the "MK.2X Grandstand" scope on a rifle the tearing gets so bad when moving the crosshair that I can't even see anything in my scope - I've made a screnshot, but it doesn't represent it very good - in game it looks even worse, especially in dark environments:
    View attachment 11075378
    Wrote more about it in the dedicated thread to this issue:

• toggle setting for the "hold key" and "double-tap" features for all keys
    The list of key bindings should be extended with another column to pick "tap", "double-tap" or "hold" for each input (radio buttons would be perfect, drop-down menu ok too).
    Let us decide if we want to reach for another button or hold down or double-tap a key to initiate an action. Many of us have a lot of extra keys on our mice; and our keyboards sport much more keys than any console controller - please let us use them and don't dictate that entering your car needs a short press while leaving it requires a long one for example. I'm kinda having trouble holstering my weapons doing a double-tap on alt using my thumb below my palm - and the "hold alt" for weapon wheel doesn't feel much better. Even if I rebind - key press recognition is bad in CP2077 and double-taps don't work very well in general for me (plus I don't like it one bit even when it works).

Alternative to the above, at least...
  • disable double-tap inputs
    Let's have a key assignment for this. There's a mod on nexusmods that does this, but I'd really prefer something basic like input scheme provided in the vanilla version.

• disable auto-centering of the camera while driving
    If possible please give us a new key to center the camera when we want to - don't force it on the player. I have plenty of buttons on my mouse and keyboard - please let me use them. Sentiment: I'd really like to enjoy the view for more than 3 seconds before I'm either forced back into looking straight ahead or having to wiggle my mouse around, which is really distracting and uncomfortable.

• adjustable text speed
    Please add a setting to increase/decrease timings for on-screen hints and quick-time decisions during dialogs.
    Not being a native English speaker I have trouble reading those petrol-colored hints fast enough that are blasting by in my peripheral vision. Most of the time I can read half of it before it's gone and finding it in the database turned out to be... well, I didn't find those I was looking for.
    Same goes for quick-time events (or whatever you call it when you don't have much time to pick an answer option). Adding to the frustration, somehow the game doesn't always register me pressing F (which I mapped to one of my many mouse buttons). Seems I have to keep the key pressed longer? But in the short amount of time that's left to decide after I finished just reading those options, any non registered key press is really bad.

• give priority to direct ray casting
    Be it something I want to pick up or a radio I want to interact with - I often find myself being unable to interact with stuff around me, when there's more than one thing. Right now I'm standing next to "Coach Fred" and try to pick up a shard that's next to him (2m away) on the bench - yet I can't take it, because there's a proximity dialog that triggers when I want to take the thing that I look at directly.
    Just try to turn off the radio on the table in your apartment without taking all the bottles first - it can be an infuriating task.
    Other stuff I just can't pick up or interact with at all - like there's some kind of paper or folder laying on the floor and I just can't target it. Other times a weapon is stuck half in the ground and ray casting the part that sticks out doesn't allow me to pick it up.
    Please make directly ray-casted stuff ALWAYS take precedence above whatever else is going on around you... thanks!

That's it with the main requests, which I feel should really be in the game.
Now for some less important things. Let's say these would be "very nice to have".
  • holster using numbers
    When weapon slot 1 is selected, please let's just holster our weapon by pressing 1 again. Same for the other slots.

• let us skip the logo intro
    With the game crashing from time to time it's a bit annoying having to watch those logos and the legal statements every time. Let us skip them sooner please.

• add mouse cursor to weapon wheel
    Weapon wheels may feel natural using a controller stick, but they don't using a mouse. Since we need to click anyways, why not give us the option to use a cursor to click things?

• remove hard key binds
    There seem to be certain keys that we can't remap or use otherwise. Dedicated thread:

• increase the max head turn angle when driving in first person
    Please give us the option to look behind us to drive backwards in first person. When I'm in my car or on my bike in the real world, I don't have too many issues turning my torso a bit and look straight back. In fact I use that technique when driving backwards quite often on four wheels. On the bike it would be AWESOME if the character would sit a bit upright and take one hand off the handles to look back - as we do IRL too, especially when rolling backwards.

• increase the vertical max head turn angle
    IRL I don't have any problems looking behind me through my legs or bend over backwards a bit to look more than 90° up. Being limited to +/- ~70° from the horizontal in games feels bad and doesn't make sense.

• put some time into consistent NPC attitude
    When I approach NPCs their comments are rather nice, sooometimes at least. The reception at the front entrance of that bar in the beginning for instance says something nice about the player's char being cute? But when you think maybe there's a dialog and you try to talk to them, they say something very aggressive and dismissive, which truly breaks immersion. Overall it's not much fun talking to anyone the game doesn't tell you to. Maybe you could add some attitude property to all characters and tag the NPC responses accordingly, so if a cop is nice to you for helping out, the next time you talk to him he should pick from the same attitude tag/tree that he's been set before etc.

• improve NPC danger avoiding/escape
    Honk and nobody cares - almost ride them over and they start running around in circles and most of the time stay in front of the vehicle. Once they get bumped even a little, they often kneel down and raise their hands? Even worse they seem to never ever stand up again? Who kneels or rather "hides" in front of a car that's about to hit him and shows only some fingertips for the driver to see over the hood? Srsly, please let them run perpendicular to the vehicle's direction or something.

• put location names on the map
    It really doesn't help looking for Lizzy's Bar when all the bars on the map just read "bar" and nothing else..? Instead of "Fixer" it should read "Fixer: Regina Jones" etc.

• put weapon damage and armor rating on the item tiles in the inventory
    After looting I often get multiple of the same weapon/armor item in my inventory, all looking exactly the same. Hovering over each and every single one and remembering which had what stats quickly becomes a nasty chore way too often. You already have the full name on there and an ammo rating (that I do not understand) on guns and there's plenty of room - use it to show DPS and base damage on weapons and armor rating on clothing items (bottom left corner is empty, use it) to make the tiles a bit more unique, please. Also it's not helping that the whole list shifts/restacks when selling something or putting it into your stash. Further confusion is added when the sides in the comparison switch all the time, depending on weather it's shown left or right of your cursor; the equipped item should always be on the same side to make it more intuitive where to look for the stats of the item you are hovering.

• switch firing-mode
    Maybe I just didn't find the key that does it, but some weapons seem to fire in burst mode only. Even today in 2020 and for the past few decades... when a firearm got burst mode, semi auto and full auto should also be available. Not a weapons expert tho, but I think that's pretty standard. I know some have only semi and burst and lack full auto, but I've never seen anything being burst-only before and think it's rather inconvenient.

In addition I kinda miss some features that I feel should be in a game setting like this.
  • hair-stylists, bodymod-shops and weapon paints
    They seem to be missing in the game? Everyone is switching body parts and we can't even dye our hair? Doesn't feel right - especially not in this game's setting ;D ... tho maybe I just didn't find them yet? Also I can see individualized weaponry... gang members seem to do it, why can't I?

• remove equipment mods
    For me it takes a lot away from the joy of tuning my gear if I can't tinker and test what works best. Usually I end up not installing any mods at all, because... who knows? Maybe there's a much better mod around the corner and if I install this now I can throw the whole thing away later. IIRC there wasn't even a warning this would happen - mods look exactly like attachments and I was happily switching those around when I installed a mod into my DRM-free forged katana, just to later get the message "ACTION BLOCKED" when I tried to remove it. I know I can build another copy of this Katana, but I don't know... the first one that was given to me as pre-order bonus kinda feels a bit special and now it's stuck with a dmg+7 mod forever? If there's a perk I can pick for this I haven't found it yet - only the option to destroy it to recover mods, but that's kinda the wrong way around.

• car and motorcycle dealerships
    Where? I've read I'm supposed to wait for a fixer to offer me something... well... that doesn't sound like something fun to aspire to. Sounds as if it implies I need to work for certain individuals to acquire certain vehicles - probably being pretty wealthy at some point it doesn't make any sense I can't buy whatever vehicle I chose to. But maybe I just need to proceed a bit through the game to unlock dealerships..

• mirror image
    I notice my character doesn't show up in reflective surfaces at all - I can see the counter behind me clearly in Yoko's shop, but not myself or any other characters (respectively dynamic objects). It would be nice if RTX would be supported here.

That being said: I really love this game so far - especially the attention to detail and all the funny references (I'd like to name some, but I don't want to spoiler anything (as you did in your recent videos (shame on your PR people for the serious plot spoilers :p (I got hit without any warning and didn't like it one bit)))).

Did I forget something major?
These things should be in the game!

Guest 4060800

car and motorcycle dealerships

Regarding this. I'm at a point where I'm being offered to buy a Galena and it becomes a mission..? I have the task to buy a certain vehicle? Sorry, but that's just awful - especially for that piece of junk. I'd rather walk the next 100km than buy that thing :p

So I think no problem, eh? I just won't proceed with that quest, even tho I hate to carry open tasks around. But what if the next car is a follow-up quest and I need to buy that one to proceed? I really, really, really don't like how this gets handled so far. I want to see cars that I can buy at a dealership but not yet afford, so I have a goal that I can work towards. That's what makes buying a ride enjoyable for me when I finally get the keys I waited for to afford them.

One more thing regarding this situation, major spoiler ahead:
Just a second ago I fought with Johnny Silverhand in my apartment and barely made him vanish using those pills. Next time I encounter him is 1 minute later when someone smashes into my car in the parking lot and he appears in the co-driver's seat and we're talking like old buddies. Did I miss something major here? I was supposed to meet Takemura and thought it's a good idea to get my car first if I'm supposed to get somewhere, so that was the very first thing I did after leaving my appartment. I feel there's something really wrong about the order of events here.

Also I wanted to access the trunk stash before getting in the car, because I bunkered some equipment there. Option was unavailable, which felt really odd. After the car is gone I can't access the trunk either. I get I'm supposed to feel taken back by the events, but this progression just feels like I'm experiencing a bug and makes me stop playing to come here and write this ;)

A lot of important points in this thread, I can agree with practically all of them.

One thing that annoys me to no end ingame is the location tracker, the little yellow points on the minimap. This is a system that is supposed to help me get where I want to. But when driving around , especially at higher speeds, it is impossible to look at the minimap to follow the points. The minimap itself is really small on monitors with higher resolutions and it only seems to show about 20m into each direction. So not only do I have to look away from the traffic but I also have to do it all the time as the minimap doesn't allow looking ahead.

IMHO first of all the markers for your path should be visible directly in the world. This is Cyberpunk after all, messing with our vision should be no problem at all considering the lore.
And if that is not possible, please let us adjust size, location on screen, transparency and zoom of the minimap.

As it stands now, the lack of this feature makes driving a nusiance – and not the fun feature it should be. :(

Top Bottom