List of Missing Options (and Features)

+
I don't know if it had been said, but assasins/takedown with melee weapons and guns.

Not need to grip the enemy before takedown.

Duel Wielding! please
1608033633931.png1608033740132.png

Hi fellow Cyberpunk lovers and (hopefully) devs,

After spending the past 2 weeks playing the game for 15+hours a day, i've come to know and love Night City and the amount of work the devs have spent in creating such an immersive world. However, I just have a few key suggestions that I feel would take the game to the next level (and a few things that notably damped by excitement and love for the game), that would have otherwise been rated a 10/10.

1) Increase the level cap to 75 and/or allow re-spec of attribute points.

There aren't enough attribute points to go around.... crafting is a really important attribute tree in the game to upgrade your iconic items to legendary status -but that can't be achieved when you put points in your vital combat attributes (e.g. you want cold blood and blades to be maxed out for melee, and some points in athletics for durability). It's kind of frustrating and a bit too limiting in my opinion.

2) Map suggestions

The map in the game looked a bit messy and leaves room for improvement.

Please add a way to filter the map via legend (e.g. I want to see all ripper doc locations, or all junk shop locations)

Add a way to set waypoints to places that aren't roads/locations - it was weird to me that I couldn't place custom map waypoints wherever I wanted.

Change the icon for buying cars so as to not confuse it with undiscovered location.

3) Car customization, vehicle purchase system and possible garages?

The cars in this game are beautiful but it's such a shame that you can't customize the cars you purchase. I was actually quite surprised there wasn't a feature to add decals, or to change paint jobs at a mechanic. Feel like it would add another layer of depth to the game which would be enjoyable (and another cash sink)

And as innovative of a system as the buying cars at certain locations is, it's frustrating that I can't buy every car/motorcycle in the game at a certain spot like a car shop. I would like to 'peruse'.

The addition of more car models would be refreshing too. After playing the game for 2 weeks, i'm a tad bit bored of the range of vehicles - adding 2-3 more to each class would make the car collection feel more complete.

4) Re-do the cop/crime system

I found it quite strange that I could kill a civilian in an enclosed room and a crime would be reported. I would prefer a witness system similar to that of Red Dead Redemption, where there needs to be a witness for a crime to be reported, and killing all witnesses means the no crime reported.

In addition, something feels incomplete about the cop combat system. It would be cool if cops were weaker, but had more vehicles like helicopters and mechs that would appear if you reached 4 stars. Fighting the cops in this game feels lame and discouraged. I want to be on the edge of my seat, slicing down cops as Maxtech is on my ass. I felt like Need for Speed Most wanted did it really well.

5) Revamp street-cred

At the current point, it's just another requirement similar to XP that limits you from buying certain cyberware etc. When im maximum street cred, it doesn't feel like it changes my interaction with the NPCs around me, or how wanted I am by the police.

Also, change the scaling of street cred - 50 street cred sounds horrible. Make it a scale of 0-1000, which could very well play in into a multiplayer expansion (if the game eventually heads that way)

5) Allow customizing character look later in the game

Self-explanatory. Also a way for us to view our character without using the mirror/photo button. And a way for us to view our weapons like in CS:GO.

Also an idea to customize weapon look - neon katanas and so on. Also cyberware mods should make a visual difference on the respective cyberware. E.g. thermal blades on mantis blades should visually be seen as thermal blades.

6) Allow joining of groups/gangs and related missions to keep the game going on

After finishing almost every single gig and quest in the game, the game feels empty. It would be really swell if I could live the dream and join Maxtac as a mantis blade wielding law enforcement lieutenant, or join the Valentinos and go for drug-money exchanges.

In this way, players can join a group and "grind" for more money/rewards, and also see their influence on Night City as a chosen Valentino/NCPD officer etc. You could also add a way for players to see the state of which Night City is in, perhaps a chaos vs order indicator, and see how their actions affect the keeping of Night City.

7) Option to remove strong attack animations

It's frustrating to be locked in the string attack animation of Mantis blades as enemies around alerted and shooting me from every angle. Even though the animations are cool, it negatively impacts the ebb and flow of melee combat - which is otherwise very satisfying. (can't tell how happy I am with the blades and cold blood tree - makes me feel like a killing machine.

Possible addition to melee gameplay: could add more special attacks like grab and stab multiple times (no im not a psycho), or parry and strong attack with katana to spin slash, or crouch and strong attack to chop off the dude's legs clean.

8) Quality of Life update suggestions

- Currently no sound effects for the "craft" button.

-Crafting menu looks messy and unattractive - would be nice to have a revamp visually for clarity

- Currently no sound effects for glass breaking.

- Add ability to increase dodge distance and enable dodging forward or diagonally in reflex tree. Similar to some of the enemies being able to teleport around - I want to be able to do that.

9) Fix the bugs

I mean its no secret that the game is chock full of bugs that would have otherwise made for a very nice gaming experience.

- Moving from water to land - sometimes the character gets stuck and you cant do anything but load up a save

-Audio issues in the game: NPCs not talking and mouths not moving, random loud car sounds blaring even though there aren't any cars around

- Even though its fun to exploit, remove the crafting and money exploits (vending machine, selling painting, crafting epic grenade out of 2 common materials) and compensate via increase money gained by around 15%

- Car getting stuck in terrain. Can be fixed by adding car reset button

- Braindance bugs - feels very frustrating when im stuck in a brain dance and have solved all the clues but am unable to exit.

- Vending machines not dispensing after a while (totally didnt discover this because I was trying to get components)

Conclusion

As "negative" as this post is, i've been super hooked on the game and my complaints/suggestions only come for a place of love for the game and cyberpunk culture. I believe that with enough development, it could make for one of the best games of the decade

I add what I said in other thread, something that I lack the most.

1. Better Dynamic Weather - sounds like name for a mod but yeah, the weather system doesn't impress me. Its mostly sunny and I get it, Its California, but some foggy/smog weather types, dry thunderstorm, duststorms that mess up with your cyberwear and enemy's? Especially if its partially implemented, during one of the races you encounter short duststorm, haven't seen one in the city tho. Combined with better AI that actually reacts to its surroundings would be pretty cool.

2. Apartment customization - I know V got better things on her/his mind but still, after long day It would be nice to chill in a place you actually consider your home. When I found my first vinyl record I thought you could listen to them, but then it turned out to be just some junk item. But that would be cool to collect vinyl records and listen to songs that you wont hear in radio. Tinker on you equipment, crafting now is definitely too easy. Crafting a Sniper Rifle out of thin air, C'mon even in Cyberpunk you need some kind of workbench. Build your own workshop, upgrade you workbench? Build you own netrunner den. Small things but I really feel the lack of them.

3. Cyberwear, more cyberwear, nightvision, thermalvision, targeting, shielding from environmental hazards (if different weathers would be implemented) things like that.

4. Garage, I love Cyberpunk cars, MIZUTANI SHION just awesome. But why the hell I can't customize it to my liking, I haven't used fast travel not once. I either walk or drive, this means I spend alot of time in my car. Its part of my V. I want to customize it. I want it to represent my character. I don't know, it might seem like something less important to some, but its a RPG, things like this help to get in to character. Even in Witcher you could buy different gear for Roach.

Last edited:
I hope in future coming:
-option for changing appearance v after the story beginn (Body, Face, gender, Style all options which you have at the Charakter Editor to beginn of the game)
-Car customization
-appartment customziation and more new differnt appartments for V
-minigames (how Gwent the witcher 3)
-Third person mode
-transmog for clothings
-more reaction from the npcs of that what V is doing
-more romance option
-more interactivities with the random npcs and random open World activties ( random Bosses and other activites)
-pets for the appartment
-drive flying vehicels
-a companion for V ( a normal Npc or the npc from a romance or a pet how dogmaet in Fallout 4)
-a drone to observe areas (how in Watch Dogs)
-Attributes and Skills Reset option
-Weapon customization
-Underground Areas (Dungeons, Subway, Sewerage )
-Subway above and below the city
-police investigation system ( how in GTA V )
-upgrade option for Item Mod Slots and Item Collor (that we can upgrade a item so that it have after the upgrade a higher collor and more Mod slots )

Last edited:
7) Option to remove strong attack animations

It's frustrating to be locked in the string attack animation of Mantis blades as enemies around alerted and shooting me from every angle. Even though the animations are cool, it negatively impacts the ebb and flow of melee combat - which is otherwise very satisfying. (can't tell how happy I am with the blades and cold blood tree - makes me feel like a killing machine.

Possible addition to melee gameplay: could add more special attacks like grab and stab multiple times (no im not a psycho), or parry and strong attack with katana to spin slash, or crouch and strong attack to chop off the dude's legs clean.

I would really love an ability to pull a target toward me for melee builds

The more I play the game and progress the more unfinished / unpolished business I see.
I helped a vendor in Pacifica and he gave me a discount. I access his inventory and there is nothing to see or buy. Where his name should be it only reads "Missing Vendor Name" - I mean come on, have the devs actually played the game before release?
Also, the same what applies for cars applies for people: you can just run through them and they can run through you. No collision, no bumping, just straight going through like a ghost.

Hi, I assume that this would be easy enough to implement, but please add an option to disable vendor interactivity markers in the UI.

I like to explore and I find that these markers detract from that as I can already see what's interactive long before I get there so it makes me think: what's the point of exploring? I like finding surprise shops in markets etc and I feel that there should be more freedom to customise the UI to how we want it.

I wouldn't mind having some kind of GPS lines for my waypoints on the roads while driving. I drive in 3rd person so would be nice to have lines of some kind on the road not just on the mini map

Please add set right-click as the standart button for going one step back in the menu. I can't understand how every playtester thought, that it would be ok to press the escape button, everytime you leave the menu or go one step back. I hate it. The right mousebutton isn't reserved for anything in the menus, so i guess it would be an easy thing to implement and a nice comfort upgrade.

- BARBER SHOP!!!! <--- (I legit didn't belive it when I read it didn't have it)

- Diffrent light in character customization. <--- (I head some people need to make there character over beacuse the hair colour was weird in the "real world". I my self feel for this, when my neils was completely a diffrent colour of what I thought they were)

- Hide helmet. <--- ( Like WTF come on cdpr this is not next lvl shit)

- Change how your clothes looks with out changing your gear stats. <--- ( AKA transmog)

This is not I whish they but them in list, this is something the game NEEDS to have.
Lol soo true...

Also i know we have a short dude but in the car.. put the camera a little up
Its like driving like im 10 year old for god sake..
When we get a car or a bike, put the picture next to the mission. Also when we get there we should be offered to race for that car or bike.. not a pink slip but kinda like a side mission so if we win we get 20-25% off the price..

I add what I said in other thread, something that I lack the most.

1. Better Dynamic Weather - sounds like name for a mod but yeah, the weather system doesn't impress me. Its mostly sunny and I get it, Its California, but some foggy/smog weather types, dry thunderstorm, duststorms that mess up with your cyberwear and enemy's? Especially if its partially implemented, during one of the races you encounter short duststorm, haven't seen one in the city tho. Combined with better AI that actually reacts to its surroundings would be pretty cool.

Actually thats a good point that wasnt mentioned enough yet. I have yet to see a single drop of rain aside from the scripted intro where you drive with Jackie (that part was so atmospheric too with the rain!). Streets are always wer bug no rain.

Actually thats a good point that wasnt mentioned enough yet. I have yet to see a single drop of rain aside from the scripted intro where you drive with Jackie (that part was so atmospheric too with the rain!). Streets are always wer bug no rain.
Yeah rain is pretty scarce in Night City, weird thing is after playing 30h so far and seeing like two non scripted rainfalls in NC I went to Badlands, not only it started raining, even had some foggy weather and some sort of aurora appearing one night.

• remove equipment mods

You cannot remove a mod but can replace it. Select the mod on your weapon/armor, then select a new mod. The game will ask if you want to replace the mod (and lose the old one). I believe that it is not a bug, but a balance feature to prevent hot-swapping mods.

Guest 4060800

1) Increase the level cap to 75 and/or allow re-spec of attribute points.

There aren't enough attribute points to go around.... crafting is a really important attribute tree in the game to upgrade your iconic items to legendary status -but that can't be achieved when you put points in your vital combat attributes (e.g. you want cold blood and blades to be maxed out for melee, and some points in athletics for durability). It's kind of frustrating and a bit too limiting in my opinion.

I'm not at any cap yet, but the idea alone feels very odd in a world that lets you modify your whole body and the only limit to do it is the money you can spare, which should be infinite since I guessed that those "emergency situations" and gang raids would occur procedurally generated. What you say sounds as if when I'm done with all those situations on the map, there won't be any more violence in the streets? If that's the case: what the actual heck? o_O

Further: how old is this netrunner lady or the Arasaka guy which I won't name to avoid any spoilers? So the price of immortality is losing your ability to learn? Again: wait... what!?

I thought I could max out V at some point given the game's setting alone... >_<
Post automatically merged:

• make NPCs hostile when you steal their cars
    Can't say I don't enjoy riding around in a heavy armored MilTech truck, but... well, let's say I saved the game before I tried this, because I was certain I'd need that save - but those cops at the crime scene didn't care the slightest that I just hopped into their truck and took off.
    Same is true for any other parked vehicle. The only time I've ever seen any car being locked or tracked or protected in any way was during a mission that I've seen in a let's play. Since I picked a different background story I've never ever seen any vehicle that triggered any kind of alarm in my playthrough - not even a raised eyebrow. There was a time during which I didn't have any vehicle, yet it didn't matter at all since I could just hop into the most expensive and fattest rides parked around the city. Right now I'm sitting in a Herrera Outlaw GTS - just because it was parked in front of The Afterlife and easier to acquire than holding down V (the key) and scrolling through the list of my own vehicles.

• either remove the option to access the stash on motorcycles or let us put stuff in
    I didn't expect being able to access the stash on my Kusanagi CT-3X, but there it was - the suggestion to hit F to access the trunk. But it turns out I can't put anything in? I'd love if I had unlimited carrying capacity on my motorcycle - I don't care that much for realism here and just enjoy the freedom - but being able to access it and then not being able to put anything in kinda vexes me.
    Also: is there any limit to the car trunk capacities? I don't see any indication of how much I can fit. If there are different limits to different cars it should be indicated...

• do not despawn bodies from our trunks
    Once in lack of another container I dropped a body into the trunk of my car and drove around to find a place to dispose it later, only to find my trunk empty..? Is there any logic behind the ability to open the car's trunk btw? Or is it just intended to be a body eating machine? Can't be just for immersion, in that case we should be able to open the hood and doors too or enter the back seats etc.

• show some gratitude
    V walking down the street. Suddenly there's a scream like "Let me go! Get off me!" so naturally you think bad guys with guns and money to spare and you go check it out. 3 thugs and 2 civilians - thugs easily disposed, but the saved civilians seem more scared of you than the thugs before. No "Thank you!", no dialog, no reward, no nothing. Just 2 civilians that will forever remain on their knees with their hands in the air. Thugs had only shit on em too. Me sad.

• be careful with that dumpster
    Stealth operation - approach him quietly from behind, take him down without causing any noise, drag him to the next dumpster and RACK THAT THING OPEN, THROW THE BODY INSIDE AND SLAM IT SHUT as loud as you can. Because everyone will notice the odd foodsteps or an aborted (not failed) hacking attempt at a terminal (jack in + jack out because those random numbers don't work), but if all your friends suddenly vanish one after the other and you hear slam noises every time... well meh - probably just the door on their way out, eh? :LOL:

• give us lean keys
    Often I find myself fighting against the automatic lean system. While sometimes nice to have V lean around a corner automatically when scanning or aiming, often there's a column or lamp or whatever between me and that corner and V decides to lean to the wrong side. I usued to place this on Q and E, but now I'd actually appreciate if I could assign leaning left, right, forward and backwards to "classic joystick" axes since I'm using a Swiftpoint Z mouse that has acceleration and rotation sensors - it's plain awesome to tilt your mouse and your character leans accordingly. But if joystick axis assignment is too much to ask, I can also map these axes to keys, no problem. Just give us the option to assign lean keys in four directions please :)

• remove enemy alert when you cancel "breach protocol"
    The mouse wheel jumped or you just pressed the wrong button when you wanted to tag the enemy and you end up in the "breach protocol" mini-game. Timer didn't start, nothing happened, you press ESC to cancel. This results in "failed" and alerts everyone around you. Kinda frustrating and pretty much pointless.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see cut content like mono cable hack (perhaps to hack even without deck) and mantis wall climb and then additions like bulk crafting, reverse engineering (with proper high level skill), minor visual customization on vehicles and clothing (like colors or patterns).

Something else that should be added is an option to redistribute your attribute and perk points, whether it be right from your own interface or going to a ripperdoc for example, like formatting your character sheet.

It sucks that you're stuck with whatever you set your perks to, especially when you only needed certain stats boosted for a single job or gig that are useless everywhere else.

Top Bottom