List of Missing Options (and Features)

+

Guest 4060800

• take non-lethal takedowns into account
    I just went for the "Gig: Occupational Hazard" and made sure to use non-lethal weapons cause I thought that girl didn't deserve to die for being victim to someone else's fuck-up. Talking to that woman upstairs tho I can only announce that I've killed her and she also says yup, she knows because connected etc. Wtf? Me sad.
    Plus this kinda was a cyberpsycho, right? So why does Regina Jones not care at all? Meh. So much meh all the time.
    When do incapacitated NPCs stand up again? And why are they squirming? If they're conscious enough to squirm, why don't they crawl away? All this feels super odd.

• show life-sign reading, NPC level, age etc on scanner
    People laying at the ground after lethal attacks, still moving... are they dead? Other discovered corpses.... or just unconscious? There are quests that require us to scan people for heart rate and so on - why do we see so little information?
    If I'm not mistaken, other than their street cred rating, we have no indication of an NPCs threat level. Please make this thing somewhat useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really miss the option to disable loot markers. This is taking a lot of the immersion away for me. I just watched a stream of Metro Exodus, and looting in that game seems really immersive, especially with the UI turned off. I don't want to spot high rarity items from 100 meters away, I want to find them while actually looking at details and spot containers, safes etc. in the amazingly beautiful environment.

An indicator in the journal that tells how for away a job or gig is without having to exit the journal, saves time when you have a huge list, as well as makes it easier to plan a route to get them done instead of driving 4km away for one, then tracking another one that's 4km away from where you just finished one.
Post automatically merged:

You cannot remove a mod but can replace it. Select the mod on your weapon/armor, then select a new mod. The game will ask if you want to replace the mod (and lose the old one). I believe that it is not a bug, but a balance feature to prevent hot-swapping mods.
Maybe so, but it kind of sucks when you spend 100k on a mod, insert it into an item, but then find something better right after.

EDIT: Just like how you can swap out mods on implants, I think it should be easy to swap mods out of weapons and clothes, even if that means going to a clothing shop to do so.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been mentioned.

But when we get body Augmentations how about we get the option to see it happening not just go in and buy them and just like magic i have blades in my arms..

I want to see that stuff getting installed or at least u lay on the chair and gets done like the first time u get ur eye implant from one of the many Ripperdoc's.

And i think this has been mentioned but i will again.

Why don't we have stores that give us the options for more Hairstyles and Piercings plus Tattoos this is Cyberpunk after all..

But in truth... None of theses things we mention will ever make it to game sad really the end product isn't the game we were supposed to get..

I do hope CDPR do read comments and they get passed back to people that can say hey this is a great idea lets add it..

Last edited:

Guest 4060800

Something really major but so very simple...
  • flashlights and nightvision / vision modes (like seriously)
    Getting into more and more dark areas and can't see shit. Like there's a cavity behind a power generator that I only found because there's a crate that popped up in the scanner and going there it's all pitch black - no light whatsoever.
    Weapon attachments like flashlights or lasers are completely missing. Flashlights in general don't seem to exist. No head lamps, no shoulder lamps, no nothing.

Even lore wise there's supposed to be thermal vision augmentation as mentioned in that braindance. Something like: if the recording person got that augmentation you can switch to that layer. So far every BD had a thermal layer - so everyone has it but V? Can I get that somewhere? We got artificial eyes and they don't have an IR mode? How much richer could this game be if we had "IR flashlight" weapon attachments and some enemies would use them too, creating a bright cone in front of their weapon that we can only see in IR mode etc?
    Ok, we got fleshlights tho.. maybe you just had a typo in your todo list.. :p

Bat-like ultra sound vision would be awesome too.. just imagine how awesome it would look seeing your environment as a echo-feedback.

Electro magnetic vision to see wires and electronic devices.. oh boy, augmented reality is really not present in this game - all the "optical cyberware" does is justify the HUD that every other game has too but just doesn't bother to explain. I think the first thing anyone with an arfiticial camera eye or optical brain link would ask is: "Can I haz x-ray?" ;)

• wait command for followers
    When people follow you around it would be nice if we could tell them to hold position while we scout ahead. Especially when its wounded hostages you're supposed to protect. I never found them catch any fire tho, but still.. should be kinda standard, no? I guess it requires a manually activated, non-proximity dialog tho - otherwise it would constantly get in the way.

• better feedback on "extract data" and fuse boxes
    I had this security panel and cyberdoodled it with "extract data". Was successful but I got no idea what happened..? Should I've gotten the security code or something? Where do I find that?
    Using technical ability on fuse boxes - what does that do? I do it but neither before nor after I don't have any clue what it does/did (other than giving me some experience).

• examples for activities / clarification on combat styles
    We traing skill trees by practical use of our abilities. But it's not really clear what these are. Like "athletics" - never got any XP for jumping around or climbing tho. Earned some for forcing a gate open I think, but other than that? Hm, no idea.
    Also, on the street brawler tree all the skills read "meele weapons" while in athletics just reads "melee". Do hands or gorilla arms count as "melee weapons"? Do swords, clubs and dildos count as "melee"?

Apologies if that has been mentioned before

• give cyberware more relevance
it pains me to see how easy it is to swap cyberware in and out of your body / change tools. The start of the main quest so greatly introduced cyberware by the player as we are part of the "operation process" Vic is conducting. As soon as the eye turns on and we see our own body - this was so great. All cyberware installed after this is as easy as changing your t-shirt. What happened to the idea of the cost of humanity? Why can I run about with 20 slots of cyberware installed without ever laying down on a gurney, sitting on a chair or going bat-shit crazy with all the metal in my body? There should be more restrictions to cyberware other than money or street credibility. I get it, it is 2077, everybody has cyberware, it is the thing, but I think that even in this dystopian future it takes more than what we are currently seeing to install cyberware. It should be more difficult to swap, have more relevance, incite reactions from NPCs, have a cost beside money and an overall effect on V. Hell, why can't I go full Adam Smasher?!

• inclusion of cosmetic cyber ware/prosthetics
In addition to cyberware that has a function, I would like to see more cosmetic variation with cyber ware. We see it on the NPCs wherever we walk. After all, it is style over substance, right? Admittedly, this doesn't make much sense without 3rd person view but I would like to see it nonetheless.

• more chances to see your character besides mirrors/motorcycles
That's a no brainer, almost everyone wants to have 3rd person view. All my wishes in the direction of customization / cybernetics make little sense without ever seeing your character in full view. However, if this would be somehow impossible to realize I like to have more chances to see V other than in full front in a mirror or on a bike. What about an option to take cover / hug walls / look around a corner and then see V (like in Deus Ex), in cutscenes, a walk-into changing room in shops / apartment where a hologram of V directly displays the selected clothes before purchase, etc. I get the immersion-breaking ankle of seeing yourself from the outside but it is 2077 baby and everything in this world screams style and narcissism, so let me see myself as often as I like.

Yeah the NPC AI needs to be redone in all aspects in my opinion. The AI just do repeated sync actions and look so fake. I was so happy at the start of the game when I could see each unique NPC maybe twice at the max, but now later into the game I see two same NPC dressed exactly the same and performing synced actions right next to each other.

While Playing The Game on PC While I didnt have many bugs or glitches I was surprised many features in other games are sadly missing... Here are a few that I think are lacking. 1. Physics: When you push against any object such as chair, boxes, trash cans they should move realistically with physics. there are none in the game . 1. Venders at stands - You should be able to buy food from them not just vending machines. 3. police system is totally broken - having cops spawn right on top of you instantly is stupid and other games they have actual AI and wont lose you in 4 blocks 4. Pedestrians walking on street should have some quests too. they are just walking around with no interaaction. even clicking talk to homeless a guy asked for money with no option for me to give him any. These are a few of the add ons that i think would improve This game.

I just wanted to drop back in and kind of give a resume statement at this point. I agree with many points everyone of you made, but I think the main priority at this point for CDPR should be as follows:

1. Fix the bugs and get old-gen consoles running to an acceptable standard
2. Give your ground-floor developers their due holidays without massive overtime of crunch
3. Add missing and cut features (that you promised before) and overhaul the bad systems (abysmal NPC/poliece, mediocre loot system, etc) with the first big patches in January/February

That - for me - is an acceptable timeline. That does of course in no way excuse the sorry state the game was in at launch on a technical level, and also not excuse all the missing or half-cooked features in the game at launch. Those will remain in the minds of your players and you should accept that CDPR. This game needed another year probably at least. It was heavily undercooked.

That being said, let me reinterate that the core of the game, the aspect you focused on the most - namely the design of Night City itself and the main storyline (as well as some of the side stories) are really solid and well done and many people here are enjoying them. But you made a lot of mistakes and left a lot to be desired with the rest of the game. And even some of the main story I fear got cut and streamlined (such as the sparse number of decisions and mission outcomes or the heavily reduced backstory parts in character creation as well as the respective intros (nomad/corpo/streetkid), the fact that V is very much a pre-determined character with only a few line changes from start to finish and many more.

So yeah, all in all. I personally didn't refund, because I trust CDPR will address a lot of the technical issues and hopefully improve the game in respects to gameplay as well down the line. But would I have known the state the game is in and the contet Id get, Id probably had waited for a sale before purchasing. That's my conclusion for now.

I just wanted to drop back in and kind of give a resume statement at this point. I agree with many points everyone of you made, but I think the main priority at this point for CDPR should be as follows:

1. Fix the bugs and get old-gen consoles running to an acceptable standard
2. Give your ground-floor developers their due holidays without massive overtime of crunch
3. Add missing and cut features (that you promised before) and overhaul the bad systems (abysmal NPC/poliece, mediocre loot system, etc) with the first big patches in January/February

That - for me - is an acceptable timeline. That does of course in no way excuse the sorry state the game was in at launch on a technical level, and also not excuse all the missing or half-cooked features in the game at launch. Those will remain in the minds of your players and you should accept that CDPR. This game needed another year probably at least. It was heavily undercooked.

That being said, let me reinterate that the core of the game, the aspect you focused on the most - namely the design of Night City itself and the main storyline (as well as some of the side stories) are really solid and well done and many people here are enjoying them. But you made a lot of mistakes and left a lot to be desired with the rest of the game. And even some of the main story I fear got cut and streamlined (such as the sparse number of decisions and mission outcomes or the heavily reduced backstory parts in character creation as well as the respective intros (nomad/corpo/streetkid), the fact that V is very much a pre-determined character with only a few line changes from start to finish and many more.

So yeah, all in all. I personally didn't refund, because I trust CDPR will address a lot of the technical issues and hopefully improve the game in respects to gameplay as well down the line. But would I have known the state the game is in and the contet Id get, Id probably had waited for a sale before purchasing. That's my conclusion for now.
I definitely agree with the priorities that should be focused on, and mentioning the story, if they were to actually add whatever was cut, or even add a more developed story that goes with whatever path you take, I honestly wouldn't mind playing through the whole story again. I can honestly say that even if I knew the state the game was in, I probably would've still bought it. There is a lot of potential this game has and I just hope that CDPR doesn't completely brush a lot of the core problems under the rug, or ultimately abandon the game if it doesn't meet the standards of those who are angry about the botched release.

- Illuminated hair/tattoos
neonhair.jpg

BeFunky Collage.jpg

Last edited:
Couple of things I would like to see / have noticed.

1. Don't change my hairstyle when I put on a hat.
2. Allow me to hide pieces of clothing while keeping the stats.
3. Zoom the mini map out proportionally to the speed at which I am travelling. This would make using vehicles to go from place to place MUCH easier.
4. Definitely need some form of appearance customization outside of the character creator. Being able to choose a new hairstyle, beard, makeup, hairdye, cybernetic implants, etc. is a no brainer for the setting of this game.
5. A separate FOV while inside a vehicle in FPP. I find that my regular FOV of 90 isn't enough for a vehicle, but I don't want to be adjusting it constantly.
6. The ability to turn my head further while driving in FPP. For example, to look directly behind the vehicle. There are no mirrors or rear facing camera on the vehicles, so backing up is a nightmare in FPP. For now, we can switch to TPP when reversing, then back to FPP when going forward.
7. Outer wear rarely shows up in mirrors, making my character appear bald when wearing a hat, no beard when wearing a mask, and jackets not showing up. This doesn't always happen, so It's hard to pin down, but it's weird when it does happen.
8. No hair or hats in main character's shadow. This might have something to do with culling things not needed to be rendered, but I'm no expert.
9. UI scaling. The font for the HUD is way too big for sitting close to a PC monitor.
10. Walk toggle!
11. Some sort of music player outside of vehicles. The soundtrack is amazing for this game, and the sheer amount of songs is awesome, but not being able to listen to it outside of driving sucks. People don't have portable music players in NC?

Last edited:
And another thing that they cut. I remember them saying that in Night City, people speak different languages and that you will need to buy software in order to translate and understand what they are saying. This was removed. The game auto-translates everything. Just another one to add to the list of missing features.

5. A separate FOV while inside a vehicle in FPP. I find that my regular FOV of 90 isn't enough for a vehicle, but I don't want to be adjusting it constantly.
6. The ability to turn my head further while driving in FPP. For example, to look directly behind the vehicle. There are no mirrors or rear facing camera on the vehicles, so backing up is a nightmare in FPP. For now, we can switch to TPP when reversing, then back to FPP when going forward.

Literally this is such a big thing. It feels like the devs never drove a real car (I mean of course they did, but the design here is awful). Not only am I too low in my seat, so on any incline I somehow don't see the road cause of the way the camera in first person driving is set up here, but also the FOV is way too narrow. When I drive in real life, I can actually see at least 80% of the side-window-space in my peripheral vision. Making me unable to see that in a game means that instead of having rough peripheral information (irl) I do have no information at all (since the screen is cut off there), making me unable to drive like I normally would in reality. I have to frantically move my camera left and right constantly to see all the traffic and not bump into cars and shit. That doesnt really emulate reality properly.

And the mirrors! Holy shit what does CDPR have against mirrors? Does it BREAK THE GAME? is it somehow buggy? Cause every driving game I played from the early 2000s on had this feature. Give me a rearview mirror and side mirrors so I can see how Im driving. Cmon this is driving-gameplay 101.

I legitimately feel like CDPR had some bug or technical issue with mirrors and that's why there are barely any mirrors in the entire game, why we literally have to ACTIVATE mirrors to see ourselves in them, and why not even cars have them.
Post automatically merged:

a) Third Person Camera

That's another thing I don't get. I saw a video on Youtube where someone managed to make a 3rd person view in Cyberpunk. Animation looks stupid (because it is made to be only viewed in first person when walking), but that aside it looks perfectly fine and does not kill the immersion in the game, I really don't get why they would assume that.

Especially since - theoretically - they could still make it so that you can use 3rd person in the game world, and whenever you enter a story-scene it forces you into first person. That would be perfectly fine for me.

Immersive First-Person view in story scenes? cool, fine. I get that. Make it more immersive, focus on that FPV.
Making shooting 3rd person can be tricky, I get that. Would need a whole new mechanical system. So force 1st person when shooting? Fair enough too. Thats fine. (although tbf an old ass game such as Sykrim, or a game such as GTAV both have that)

But just give the people 3rd person view for normal game world traversal. When I walk, talk to random NPCs, in non-cinematic side content, etc. It looks PERFECTLY FINE. The game world has the same detail. Hell, driving in cars AND ESPECIALLY ON A MOTORCYCLE work in 3rd person in the actual game. So why do people have to put up with constant 1st person in all other areas?

The only thing I can imagine why they made that decision is basically that they were too lazy or had not enough time to implement the model swap and additional proper animations for the 3rd person perspective. Which once again (with all the other missing and undercooked features on top) just proves how much they rushed this game and didn't focus enough on certain aspects in the game.

Hell, I have a friend who plays the game rn parallel to me. Dude was very optimistic going in and had a very open mind. And hes still enjoying the game a lot. But he says the more he plays the more he realizes just how many features, mechanics and basic elements are missing from this game.

Last edited:
I read through all of this and I agree with so much (million plusses for transmog!!! It kills my immersion having to dress like an idiot for armor bonuses). I'll just put in 2 things I believe I haven't seen mentioned.

First a small one: Custom radio station. I REALLY want to load up the soundtrack to Blade Runner while driving the streets of Night City in the rain :love:

Secondly and this is a bigger issue: We need Cyberspace. It took me a while to notice it but after 60+ hours I realized that there is no environment for being in cyberspace. I mean, that's a big component of the genre, no?
Sure it's not needed for quickhacks but certainly in story-mode or just exploring there should be opportunities to enter cyberspace. I think it's a big missing feature.

First a small one: Custom radio station. I REALLY want to load up the soundtrack to Blade Runner while driving the streets of Night City in the rain :love:

That's a decent idea. If I remember right MGSV had that feature.

Secondly and this is a bigger issue: We need Cyberspace. It took me a while to notice it but after 60+ hours I realized that there is no environment for being in cyberspace. I mean, that's a big component of the genre, no?
Sure it's not needed for quickhacks but certainly in story-mode or just exploring there should be opportunities to enter cyberspace. I think it's a big missing feature.

Yea definitely. They made such big hype around the Vodoo Boys and the black wall and all that. Would be cool to see more of that down the line. Maybe in some story expansions

That's a decent idea. If I remember right MGSV had that feature.

Yea definitely. They made such big hype around the Vodoo Boys and the black wall and all that. Would be cool to see more of that down the line. Maybe in some story expansions

I mean I'm playing as a netrunner and even in my apartment my interaction with the 'net is webpages. Ew... :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom