List of stuff that is currently pushing me away from the game

+
gards;n8851380 said:
I love the weather cards and have no shame using them as much as possible, to negate the NG players. I assume the only people who don't like them are NG deck players who think it's a wonderful game because you can resurrect the same cards over and over again. But! the weather cards are somewhat of a counter to that tedious play-style.

I've been playing monsters. Weather's dumb and always has been. As dumb as NG.

Weather also should not be permanent. I don't know why ppl. say only about it being spammable. Being a permanent spell is also ludicrous to say the least. It shouldn't last more than 2 turns imo. Can you imagine other CCG's having cards with such permanent effects on the board? Being counterable doesn't cut it, not by a long shot.

What we have here a clear obsession imo. Gwent Devs ignore the ridiculous amount of discussions to just do nothing while at the same time they acknowledge it is problematic. Also, do start to explain things for a change, why is X function as is, why is Z function like this etc.

I don't mind fighting a deck I can counter but ST spell deck......I mean how do you play against is? They said you must push first round and win it. But I can't even win the first round even with 2 clear skies( because I know its spell deck so I keep 2) 1 Griffing to clear the row and 1 drowner. It wasn't nearly enough. I even waited for him to spam 2 weather after using clear sky. When he weak my units enough he finishes me off thunder and epidemic. I can't even get more than 18 points to beat Villentretenmerth, Eithne and Saskia. Disgusting deck. How do you counter that with no promo and weather immune?

1111111113;n8847180 said:
Whole game just seems like a broken unbalanced pay to win mess. No joy in playing it at all. Even the single player is screwed. Loved it when in the dragons cultists challenge the fog card was used 12 times. Tried multiplayer and it's just the same cards over and over again. Game deleted. I feel sorry for the people who wasted money on this garbage.
Lol p2w. Git good. No one will miss you btw.

1. Dandelion
2. Rot Tossers
3. Weather mechanic changes
4. Gold weather concept in general
5. Removal of weather resistance/agile getting spammed across units
6. Ridiculous tempo cards/plays/orders ability
7. NG Golem that messes with your beautiful deck
8. Dandelion
9. Mulliganing a card and redrawing it next round

That is all I can think of at the moment...

every spammable mechanic. It's tedious.
and kegs should give more silver cards. I keep getting the same shitty bronze cards in every keg.

Restlessdingo32;n8852090 said:
1. Dandelion
2. Rot Tossers
3. Weather mechanic changes
4. Gold weather concept in general
5. Removal of weather resistance/agile getting spammed across units
6. Ridiculous tempo cards/plays/orders ability
7. NG Golem that messes with your beautiful deck
8. Dandelion
9. Mulliganing a card and redrawing it next round

That is all I can think of at the moment...

Heh. Yeah.

Confession: I have a Dandelion card and I play it, but I agree, it needs ... needs... something doing to it.

Thing is though, for every weather spam and rot tosser spam games, I've had plenty of good games (even if I lost!), hopefully the upcoming balance pass will sort things. An additional improvement could be the addition of a forfeit button on the screen (like the round pass), so I don't have to exert myself reaching for the ESC key. ;-)

NickStrife;n8850930 said:
However.. Complaining about things without providing a solution it's useless... Soon I will make a thread in Suggestions about how to solve all these issues and I will post a link here.. If you care about the game and you are not here for trolling you will actually support it.. If you can't do that.. Then stop using the forums just to complain about things or spread misinformation...

​​​

But what if you offer shit suggestions? It is usually very easy to see when something is broken. It's not always easy to see a way to fix it that doesn't screw up some other aspect of the game. The point of us playing beta is to see what doesn't work right, we're not obligated to fix it too. And to suggest we're non caring trolls who should stop using the forums if we don't support your suggestions? Sure buds.

I don´t really have a problem with weather except for gold weathers but they´re getting nerfed as I think they should. However I would like if the effects lasted for X rounds or the damage wouldn´t start immediately so one would have a chance of clearing it before damage. Spell decks I think are silly but for some reason I have fared fairly well against them. My #1 problem with this game is (surprise surprise) Nilfgaard. The faction is exceedingly discouraging to the point where I get the feeling that I´ll just do something else. Now I´m probably a fairly average player so I´m not saying that I don´t do my share of dumb plays. But it´s only NG that makes me feel like I never had a chance in this game. It´s like a funnel inevitably leading towards the bitter end where after throwing everything you have at them to "force" round lll, they´re licking their lips with 3 gold cards in hand that will finally end the game for good. In my experience no other faction comes even close to that with such disheartening consistency.

NG wil get nerfed in the upcoming patch so clearly there is no favoritism towards NG..

Minor nerfs doesn't change anything. If you read the patch notes NG is receiving nearly as many buffs as they are nerfs. While Skellige is receiving much bigger nerfs that will make the faction really bad. So how can you say "clearly" there is no favoritism? NG is the most played faction and it's going to be just as good next patch and it's not even really being nerfed to any significant degree.

However.. Complaining about things without providing a solution it's useless... Soon I will make a thread in Suggestions about how to solve all these issues and I will post a link here.. If you care about the game and you are not here for trolling you will actually support it.. If you can't do that.. Then stop using the forums just to complain about things or spread misinformation...

It's not my job to tell the devs how to fix the issues. I am not a game developer but I can tell them what I think is wrong with the game. I am obviously not a troll, are you? I will post in your thread if I feel like posting in your thread.

Last edited:
StrykerxS77x;n8854390 said:
It's not my job to tell the devs how to fix the issues. I am not a game developer but I can tell them what I think is wrong with the game. I am obviously not a troll, are you? I will post in your thread if I feel like posting in your thread.

You are a beta tester.. I never told u to develop their game.. You are supposed to give feedback and feedback which provide solutions is always better.. That is if you care about the game and you are not here to cry in hope that gwent won't succeed...

supafreaky;n8853090 said:
But what if you offer shit suggestions? It is usually very easy to see when something is broken. It's not always easy to see a way to fix it that doesn't screw up some other aspect of the game. The point of us playing beta is to see what doesn't work right, we're not obligated to fix it too. And to suggest we're non caring trolls who should stop using the forums if we don't support your suggestions? Sure buds.

I see many trolls who just spread hate and misinformation for no reason at all.. They are either too bad at this game and they blame developers for anything and everything or they are trolls who came to the forums to start crying in hopes gwent won't succeed.. When they say for example that gwent is a P2W mess their motives look really fishy to me.. Cause you can't speak about P2W elements unless you play Hearthstone...

Also, judge my suggestions AFTER you read them and before you judge be sure to give constructive criticism.. Also, feedback which have solutions in it is always better.. So yeah, if you really care about the game you will provide the best feedback and not just negative hate...

NickStrife;n8854980 said:
You are a beta tester.. I never told u to develop their game.. You are supposed to give feedback and feedback which provide solutions is always better.. That is if you care about the game and you are not here to cry in hope that gwent won't succeed...

I did give my feedback and I have much more confidence in what I believe to be wrong than suggestions to fix.

Your idea that I have to provide solutions or I don't care about the game is pure nonsense. I play the game so of course I care about it.

kpmop;n8852990 said:
Confession: I have a Dandelion card and I play it, but I agree, it needs ... needs... something doing to it.

You kidding me?? I use Dandelion in a competitive deck i made and it's one of the best golds i have.. Wtf is wrong with Dandelion?? I am tired of people who can't provide constructive criticism..

I kinda agree with some posters above. While complaints about weather and Nilfs are quite common and partially grounded in reality, but personally I think that 'Orders' mechanic and multi-summon units in general are bad for the game. If a deck with high-tempo combo ready meets with a deck without high tempo combo it is almost insta-win in first round or huge card advantage. After insta-win in first round you play one of the spies (or other cards) that draw more cards for you and it is another very short round. And all comes to the third round. It is almost the same 'flow of the game' all the time. Which is not that interesting really. It also severly limits deck-building options because high-tempo combos are very card intensive (especially the ones which consist of silver cards and they are stronger in general), so it forces decks more and more into one-trick pony style. They aren't OP per se, but I do not see them as interesting mechanic.

Another my complaint is that bronze units are liability in the current meta. You almost always aim to use as small amount of bronze units as possible because they are so vulnerable and do not provide enough value on the field most of the time. It is by the way is the main reason why Control decks are ridiculous now. The less units you use, the harder is for the enemy to counter you. I honestly try to play ST control/weather with DBP and some utility units to reinforce them but I see rather clearly that I would be better if I drop Virhedd Dragoons and this Brigade unit with a wrong tooltip and take in more bronze spells and maybe also drop both silver ambush units (which are at least interesting to use) and go for some high tempo with Saskia/Roach or maybe neutral Witchers. But I really do not want to do it as playing with almost empty or non-interactive board is not fun.

ZenaRose;n8845290 said:
Playing vs spell decks makes me want to delete this game. Its not fun at all play vs cancer decks with which you can not interract until last 3 turns of round 3
spelldecks are only decks that can play blank cards and still win because of op cards like ciri and bork, such fun

StrykerxS77x;n8844760 said:
1) Weather spam decks. Playing against any deck that focuses on putting out as much weather as possible. I really don't like weather in this game that much. It's not fun to play against and I currently don't know how to fix this other than to take it completely out of the game or to put a cap on how many weather cards can be in a deck. Regardless weather still needs some changes (other than nerfing gold weather). First light used to be a good counter but now that you still take damage before using it, it's just not a very good counter anymore.

2) SC Spell decks. Similar to the weather issue are these decks. Doesn't feel like they should exist. I could create one myself soon but I believe I would dislike playing this deck as much as I dislike playing against it. With more fixes to weather maybe this deck won't be so bad but right now I hate seeing it.

3) The ridiculous favoritism towards NG decks. I really feels like the devs are in love with NG to the point where they like it to have the best cards and every tool in the game to drive their opponents nuts. How the devs nerfed Skellige into the ground and hardly touched NG is beyond me. I usually don't mind playing them but in most matches I am just shaking my head at the ridiculous tool box they have at their disposal compared to the other factions. If I play dwarves I can look forward to being double locked because they are the only ones who have that card. Then if I work around that they will either reuse it or pull out Peter Saars which will wreck my best guy and then they might be able to reuse him as well. Rot tossers are one of the most disruptive and powerful bronze cards in the game. Can't believe they aren't being touched next patch. I have games where I have to deal with about 7 of them which usually kills your strategy. If the devs like how NG is right now then they need to put more work into giving the other factions as many tools as they have. Being able to mess with my hand, deck, and graveyard as well as their other ridiculous cards is getting really annoying.

Next patch is going to be interesting because it seems like weather spam and NG are going to be the most powerful decks in the game. Yay.

1) Weather could be fixed, not by more changes to weather (other than maybe adjusting it to be able to hit your own side) by making some of the cards immune, partially immune, or more susceptible to weather. if 1/3 of cards were unaffected by each of the weather effects then they would loose much power and your deck would want to have a mix of immunities to keep it well balanced against all decks. The game gets stronger in multiple ways from this. First Light needs to be changed back. I did not play then, I am relatively new (level 4) but hav all but stopped and weather is one of the reasons. It is beta and when they update I will check it out some more. This is one way I can think of fixing weather issues.

2) not sure what an SC deck is, so no ideas

3) NG Decks are the much bigger reason for me being done until they patch the game. This deck (which seems to be more than half the decks that come up) is just plain broken. Weather is strong this is so much so, and so versatile that if your playing to win and you have the cards there is no reason to play another deck type. I will look at this a couple of patches out but if its still like this game is just not much fun unless you play this total cheese deck

Thanks for your post, it helps me to realize that I do not just suck at this game when playing a monster deck against an NG deck. Well I am new enough that I likely do suck, but experienced enough with collectible card games to see these two problems very quickly (Weather and NG) and see NG as so bad as to break the game for now.

XenokMe;n8855460 said:
1) Weather could be fixed, not by more changes to weather (other than maybe adjusting it to be able to hit your own side) by making some of the cards immune, partially immune, or more susceptible to weather. if 1/3 of cards were unaffected by each of the weather effects then they would loose much power and your deck would want to have a mix of immunities to keep it well balanced against all decks. The game gets stronger in multiple ways from this. First Light needs to be changed back. I did not play then, I am relatively new (level 4) but hav all but stopped and weather is one of the reasons. It is beta and when they update I will check it out some more. This is one way I can think of fixing weather issues.

2) not sure what an SC deck is, so no ideas

3) NG Decks are the much bigger reason for me being done until they patch the game. This deck (which seems to be more than half the decks that come up) is just plain broken. Weather is strong this is so much so, and so versatile that if your playing to win and you have the cards there is no reason to play another deck type. I will look at this a couple of patches out but if its still like this game is just not much fun unless you play this total cheese deck

Thanks for your post, it helps me to realize that I do not just suck at this game when playing a monster deck against an NG deck. Well I am new enough that I likely do suck, but experienced enough with collectible card games to see these two problems very quickly (Weather and NG) and see NG as so bad as to break the game for now.

I've said many times before that I feel bad for new players. They have it much worse than me since I have a lot of experience with the game from closed beta. If you haven't seen a scoiatel spell deck before then consider yourself lucky.

idomyownstunts;n8851610 said:
I've been playing monsters. Weather's dumb and always has been. As dumb as NG.

The weather cards are not dumb. They used to drop all the cards to 1, that was dumb. The NG deck is ridiculous and annoying to play against. See a pattern here? I do. It's still early days for this game. All the factions should have their pro's and cons. Right now, they don't.

Top Bottom