List Your Favorite Easter Eggs!

+
While going after quest Gwent: Big City Players, you are told of a Elven merchant that plays outside the walls in Novigrad. One of the NPCs in the group makes a statement. "War....War Changes everything" I know other have heard different versions of this Fallout reference, I just wanted to put in what I have heard.

Someone has also heard the song singing in the rain, I did as well, but cracked up at the whole line he said. It was a juggler while it was currently raining and sang in perfect pitch: I'm singing in the rain, and slipping just the same"

I saw a tombstone with the name McFly on it, can't remember which quest has a cut screen where you can see it.

Besides the Doctor Who "Blink" episode reference, in the quest "Tower Outta Nowhere" When Geralt enters the tower sees the portal and says "Huh, looks smaller on the outside" Another Doctor Who episode, but can't recall which one. But there was a person that entered the TARDIS and said the exact same line.

Last edited:
When Geralt enters the tower sees the portal and says "Huh, looks smaller on the outside" Another Doctor Who episode, but can't recall which one. But there was a person that entered the TARDIS and said the exact same line.

I can answer that one.
Everyone who has ever entered the Tardis, since the first episodes in the 1960s.
Maybe not the exact words though, some say "It's much bigger on the inside".

I can answer that one.
Everyone who has ever entered the Tardis, since the first episodes in the 1960s.
Maybe not the exact words though, some say "It's much bigger on the inside".

Actually, if I am not mistaken, it was during the 11th Doctor's tenure that this different comment was made.....I will hunt it down and post it here, Avid fan I do recall this being said.

---------- Updated at 04:06 AM ----------

Found it, It was during the Christmas Special during the 11 Doctor's tenure. The soon to be Clara Oswald Finally sees the TARDIS for the first time,

The Doctor who smiles at her that is puzzled at the TARDIS on the inside says to her "Go on,Say it...Most people do"
Clara runs outside the TARDIS then proceeds to run around the Police Box, re-enters the TARDIS and says "It Looks smaller on the outside"
The Doctor has a somewhat surprised look on his face and claims "Okay....that is a first"

Christmas episode The Snowmen - 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHHTw-chJ64

Last edited:
Every runestone in Witcher series were named after Slavic gods. I think this is a good easter egg. ;)

Veles

Stribog

Dazhbog

Perun

Devana

Zoria

Svarog

Morana

And so on.

Being able to use longclaw from game of thrones was cool if only they had ice undead so to unleash it on oh well drowners are the next best thing

As a big Kill Bill fan, the inclusion of Hattori is my number 1 easter egg. This was a case where the devs threw subtlety out the window and went as blunt as possible with the reference. They should have went all out with Of Swords and Dumplings and made Geralt fight a bunch of random bad guys in masks a la the Crazy 88

While you travel with Avallac'h through the desert world, he mentioned a sea had lived on this planet earlier. It's a reference to polish author Stanisław Lem and his book 'Solaris'.

How CDPR incorporated forum members names in their game. Love flood.

So if you don't know already, REDs love us. They love as gently, yet firmly, and always find new, surprising ways to show us just how much. Check out what I've found during one of the quests. See attachment

@Keth @undomiel @zielona @shipek @vatt @gregski @hunt @Dona @Dragonbird @Second Child @Corylea @Highland Tommy@The Seeker @Man of N'vah @Petra Sillie@sidspyker @Reptile Man @Sardukhar @Nars @Marcin Momot

Attachments

• prisoners.jpg
    prisoners.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Great thread. And in extension, great game. Hilarious awsome eggs all over the withcer-world. Thumps up polish fellows.

One of the blonde haired girls in the Rosemary and Thyme says "This is a material world, I am a material girl" a Madonna reference. Also right outside of a cave is a massacre and an innocent looking white bunny in the middle of it, a reference to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Where`s that cave? plz

---------- Updated at 04:21 PM ----------

2 easter eggs that haven't been listed out here that were both from the same place which is the bookstore in Novigrad.

1. Twilight reference in one of the books you get in there. Something about a girl named IsaBella and Edward. I THINK it had like the last paragraph of the first chapter lmfao

2. Witcher 1 reference, you get a letter from "A" contained inside a book from Jaques de Aldersberg and anyone who played Witcher 1 would know who that is. Also I guess that confirms that theory as well.

I remember the twilight book being sarcastic, funny funny.

Last edited:
Where`s that cave? plz.

The cave of Caer Bannon, you are sent there looking for Dragon Root for a seer. It is low key and possible to miss the reference if you are only using witcher senses and looting... but looking around you as you explore it is easy to spot.

The cave of Caer Bannon, you are sent there looking for Dragon Root for a seer. It is low key and possible to miss the reference if you are only using witcher senses and looting... but looking around you as you explore it is easy to spot.

Thanks. I remember that cave. Missed the bunny completely, because I thought it was the ghouls victims. Felt little disappointed that there wasnt a quest or some lore about the skeletons. Shame I missed the killerbunny. Would have been a goooood laugh.

I think its in Skellige where you have to fight Georgius Georg and set up by a bookie named Claytop... Those 2 are from the movie Snatch with "Georgeous George" and "Bricktop" respectively. Damn thats my favorite flick. Loved seeing that.

The Skellige Bounty Hunter sidequest where you have to help a Bounty Hunter called "Djenge Frett". Best part was you don't know his name till about halfway through the quest then you see the reference =p

Great Escape Quest, List of Prisoners, and Moderators?

Okay, so I was playing Wild Hunt for the umpteenth time today, and as I was working my way through the garrison in Oxenfurt, I came across the list of prisoners who were being detained by the Witch Hunters. Among them? Sardukhar, Dragonbird, and Reptile Man. Is this an easter egg referring to the moderators? When I saw those names I did a triple take.

Top Bottom