List Your Favorite Easter Eggs!

+
List Your Favorite Easter Eggs!

So, I've logged about 30 hours so far, and I must say: CDPR have outdone themselves. Of course, they did that on the game too, but I'm talking about the Easter Eggs. Oh man! So many good ones!!! And so well blended into the game world. Well done, CDPR! WELL DONE!

Here are a few of my favorites - (very, very minor spoilers ahead):

First time you go down to the Bloody Baron's basement (normally while doing the Family Matters quest), you pass a couple guards who are talking to each other...

Guard One: Bring out the gimp.
Guard Two: The gimp's sleepin'.
Guard One: Well, wake him up.

Best Tarantino reference in a video game award goes to Witcher 3!

Here's my very favorite. It's real quick, and I don't remember the exact location other than a random village in Vellen, but you pass a peasant who says, in a deep, gravelly voice: "War. War never changes," making the ultimate best easter egg reference line ever - FALLOUT! Even better, his wife replies, "You never change." Hahahaha. Oh man. Zing!

Also, a nod to Witcher 2 on a notice board in Vellen, Nilfgaard is offering a reward for the capture of an "Odrin" (heeeere boyyyy. Ooooodrin!), who joined their army, then proceeded to eat all their food and drink all their booze, then run off into the woods wasted. Hahahaha.

Also also, notice the name of the master sword crafter in Oxfurt? And how he now makes dumplings instead of swords? Cough Kill Bill cough!

Anyone else have any to add?

I love the cave with bones strewn all over in front of the entrance. And then a single white rabbit bouncing around in front. Monty Pythons "Cave of caer Bannogh" reference.

A fistfighter named Durden the Tailor, as a pun on Tyler Durden from Fightclub.

The Gwent card with the archer with the text "I always aim for the knee". Nice nod to Skyrim :)

So, I've logged about 30 hours so far, and I must say: CDPR have outdone themselves. Of course, they did that on the game too, but I'm talking about the Easter Eggs. Oh man! So many good ones!!! And so well blended into the game world. Well done, CDPR! WELL DONE!

Here are a few of my favorites - (very, very minor spoilers ahead):

First time you go down to the Bloody Baron's basement (normally while doing the Family Matters quest), you pass a couple guards who are talking to each other...

Guard One: Bring out the gimp.
Guard Two: The gimp's sleepin'.
Guard One: Well, wake him up.

Best Tarantino reference in a video game award goes to Witcher 3!

Here's my very favorite. It's real quick, and I don't remember the exact location other than a random village in Vellen, but you pass a peasant who says, in a deep, gravelly voice: "War. War never changes," making the ultimate best easter egg reference line ever - FALLOUT! Even better, his wife replies, "You never change." Hahahaha. Oh man. Zing!

Also, a nod to Witcher 2 on a notice board in Vellen, Nilfgaard is offering a reward for the capture of an "Odrin" (heeeere boyyyy. Ooooodrin!), who joined their army, then proceeded to eat all their food and drink all their booze, then run off into the woods wasted. Hahahaha.

Also also, notice the name of the master sword crafter in Oxfurt? And how he now makes dumplings instead of swords? Cough Kill Bill cough!

Anyone else have any to add?

Yup! Seen or heard those + there's a bunny out in the wooodlands outside a cave; skeletons are strewn all about, Monty Python style.

Loved the deep voice of the one NPC. War never changes. Ha!

the DRM (Digital Rights Management) easteregg

Last edited:
Theres a cave in the game with 3 rock trolls inside having a nice long chat around a coking pot , there names are: Jessy, Dodger and Joe.... bonus points for recognising the names.

Ye, i was like o_O WTF !!!! awesome.

And then i proceded to slaugther them all ;)

not sure if it was my favourite but certainly most surprising, a person in a tiny village had a Duran Duran moment saying something about being "hungry like a wolf"

The Gwent card with the archer with the text "I always aim for the knee". Nice nod to Skyrim :)

Ahahahha! Awesome! Which archer is it? Need to get that card!

Also, I /love/ the bunny. Even better Monty Python reference than Dragon Age: Inquisition had.

At another notice board Odrin himself wrote about how few alcohol is found here and that he is searching for someone who can give/sell him some and to drink with.

First time i went to skellige, i could swear i saw "The Hound" from GOT. Exactly the same face ! He was one of the guests at the viking funeral.

Top Bottom