List Your Favorite Easter Eggs!

+
On the market in Novigrad you can hear someone say: "Maybe. Maybe Not. Maybe go f*** yourself!" which is from The Departed.

Edit: Oh, oh! And the Kids going: "Why does he have two swords? Does he tend to lose them?" :D

Last edited:
One of the loading screen texts (that probably don't get read by many people anyway) suggests to "don't eat the yellow snow".
Which references (I guess) the song of the same name on Frank Zappa's "Apostrophe" album.

That's the famous source, but the saying goes back a lot longer than that :)

---------- Updated at 11:43 PM ----------

Edit: Oh, oh! And the Kids going: "Why does he have two swords? Does he tend to lose them?" :D

What got me with that one was that a banker says something similar. Not just kids.

I won't spoil how you get it, but last night I helped someone out. My award? The ol' severed elf's head shtick. Geralt makes a comment that it is an elf's head, and then, just to be sure its more horrible, he simply loads it into his bag and walks on.

Fallout Quote: "War, war never changes" ...

I heard its opposite: "War, war is always different" (or similar) :)

Also:

Djenge Frett the most famous bounty hunter of the Skellige Isles :D (Jango Fett - if theres anyone on this planet who doesn't know to whom his name refers to :) )

There is also a Snow White and the seven dwarfs moment. Not that great though because of all the other much more important things happening at that moment.

Found a pretty nice reference to TW2 yesterday:
I visited the Oxenfurt university. At one statue I found a letter from a student/scientist writing his colleague about an experimental potion he tried on a witcher (Geralt). This was the guy you can meet in Flotsam in TW2 who gives you a potion to drink if you agree with the experiment. And you actually get to know what the potion is supposed to do. If the potion really worked it actually could have some interesting consequences. Sadly Geralt's only reaction to it was "Interesting...".

There's also a Snatch reference in Golden Sturgeon.

Master Claytop (Bricktop)
Georgius "Piledriver" Georg (Gorgeous George)

I just found a sword in a stone, and its placement in the location made good sense. Also, I think I found a Dune reference-turned-Skellig-saying, "May your axe never crumble." For Dune enthusiasts, their saying is "May your blade chip and shatter." By definition then, probably not a true Easter Egg, but I'll claim it as one since it made sense to me.

A couple I found at the beginning of the game:
Geralt to Yen: "I wonder what kind of offer they made you."
Vesemir adds: "Was it the kind you can't refuse?"
This is a nod to The Godfather

The other one I found is when you're in Vizima for the first time choosing an outfit.
Geralt: "Black, black, black. Anything else besides black?"
This is a reference to Henry Ford regarding his first line of cars: "You can have one in any color, as long as it's black."

Surprised no one caught those yet!

First time you go down to the Bloody Baron's basement (normally while doing the Family Matters quest), you pass a couple guards who are talking to each other...

There is a little more (as far as Pulp Fiction is concerned):

Last edited:
My favorite so far would have to be the cemetery near Lindenvale; a reference there to Doctor Who. Near the entrance there are two angels on each side of the door, if you go in and then turn around the angels have moved pointing straight towards you. If you move out and position yourself in such a way that you cannot see them they will turn around towards your direction. For anyone familiar with Doctor Who this is a brilliant easter egg.

Drunk soldiers:
"To puke or not to puke, that is the
...(question)"

Or trolololo that sings songs of the red army. For the motherland!

Found three rock trolls with stomach trouble from eating nekker stew. They attacked me on sight, because they wanted something else for the pot. They where named Jessie, Dodger and Joe. Don't know about Joe, maybe a reference to angry Joe, but Jessie was definitely Jessie Cocks and Dodger is Dodger, they are all prominent games journalists. Also Jessie and Dodger both traveled to Poland to review Witcher 3 before release.
They farted all through the fight.

Silver Pantaloons, a definite reference to the silver pantaloons in Baldur's Gate 2, I've now made it my mission to find the Gold Pantaloons and the Bronze Pantalettes to complete the set and maybe unlock the Big Metal Unit.

I know it won't work, but I can dream can't I?

There's also a Snatch reference in Golden Sturgeon.

Master Claytop (Bricktop)
Georgius "Piledriver" Georg (Gorgeous George)

haha, awesome, somehow I didn't put that together! probably because Gorgeous is kicking my ass still :/

Okay, first post here.....
Several times in several of the Velen villages I have heard a voice say something that includes 'deserters, the lot of them...", and I could swear it is a direct soundbyte from the Sharpe TV series spoken by Sergeant Obadiah Hakeswill (& played by Pete Postlethwaite, in his voice as well). I can't tell if it is a soldier or a villager saying it, but it is driving me nuts (great series). :)
Haven't seen this anywhere else - anyone else heard this?
LOVING this adventure.

Top Bottom