List Your Favorite Easter Eggs!

+
In the Polish version there's a peasant (I believe in Larvik) who is actually whistling the theme song for a classic Polish sitcom (Czterej Pancerni). I wonder if the English equivalent is whistling something like the A team :p ? Does anyone know?

The Statues in Lindenvale freaked me out big time :p For a moment there I questioned my sanity :p Doctor Who ftw :)

You can find a book named "Necronomicon" which is also used in the Cthulhu Mythos from H.P. Lovecraft.
The quest "The great escape" is clearly a reference to the 1960's Steve McQueen movie with the same Name.
The Bloody Baron could be a reference to the Bloody Baron from Harry Potter.

Possible CYBERPUNK 2077 on Cirila´s conversation....

When Geralt find her and ask what happened and where she had been to, she said: "...people have metal in their heads, they wage war from a distance using something like a megascope, and instead of horses everyone owns their own flying machine."

Is it possible that Cirila was living in the world of CYBERPUNK 2077 ?

When I heard that it instantly came to my mind. Can anyone from CD PROJEKT "drop some knowledge" here?

Almost forgot... Before this scene we see a Snow White reference. She was inside sleeping, 5 dwarves went alive and 2 were dead.

Same goes for the Red Riding Hood girl that becomes the wolf (tiny quest outside novigrad, northeast section... cant be more clear than this.

Last edited:
A beggar in Novigrad complains that because he was cured of his afflictions, he is having trouble making a living as a beggar. He's being repressed, in point of fact, Monty Python style.

Another beggar in Novigrad is teaching a would-be beggar how to moan, which is another classic Monty Python jab.

You can find a book named "Necronomicon" which is also used in the Cthulhu Mythos from H.P. Lovecraft.

The Necronomicon wasn't just used in his works but was created by Lovecraft. I've always found it amusing how not only does it seem almost mandatory to include the Necronomicon in almost every fantasy, paranormal or supernatural work of fiction but how many people, not saying you do, believe it's actually a real thing beyond/predating Lovecraft's works

Well, my favorite one is a spoiler too... So:

I love when we found Ciri and the quest to found her we need to help four dwarfs to find more three and one of them is always sleepy or sleeping... When we help to reunite them (the seven dwarfs), we found Ciri sleeping in a bed at dwarfs' house... Cold and white.

Geralt hugs her and she wakes up.

Long story short: Snow White and Seven Dwarfs. :)

---------- Updated at 06:17 PM ----------

I'm having so much fun with this post.
:lol:

Last edited:
Well, my favorite one is a spoiler too... So:

I love when we found Ciri and the quest to found her we need to help four dwarfs to find more three and one of them is always sleepy or sleeping... When we help to reunite them (the seven dwarfs), we found Ciri sleeping in a bed at dwarfs' house... Cold and white.

Geralt hugs her and she wakes up.

Long story short: Snow White and Seven Dwarfs. :)

---------- Updated at 06:17 PM ----------

I'm having so much fun with this post.
:lol:

Glad to see that I wasn't only one who caught this one

-game of thrones references:
Longclaw, the name of Jon Snow sword
Dead dwarf in skycell, reference to Tyrion lannister imprisoned
-Supernatural (TV series) references:
salts on the floor, a parody to Supernatural lore that salt makes wraiths or spirits cannot pass it.
-Snow White reference in isle of the mists quest
-Lambert teasing Geralt about "killing monsters" one liners from the Witcher 3 trailer
-3 trolls with the name of possibly CDPR favorite gaming youtubers Joe, Dogder, & Jesse (Angry Joe, Dogder, & Jesse Cox)
-GOG.com grimoire about DRM free games
-Atlantis myth, Ciri dialogues with Geralt about her living in underwater city for quite sometime
-Starship Troopers planet? Geralt visiting a wasteland with endless insectoid species (no humans)
-Picasso art "The naked woman" while Geralt meet certain person

When you need to get ushers for the theaters, the one guy says, Geralt should fight his friend, it would be "Killer Instinct against Primal Rage", an obvious nod to the fighting game franchises.

One of the final quests...

you must aid Yen freeing Margarita...the man who escapes the Oxenfurt prison is "Abbe Faria"

clearly a remind of the abbot Faria, the man who helps the count of Montecristo escaping the french prison!!!

Quite surprised no one has spotted this one from Ciri's Payback quest

A excellent DeathSpank reference

Attachments

• 20150614193741.jpg
    20150614193741.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 37
Heard a rich man standing on a stage singing "I'm singing in the rain," while it was raining - couldn't find him though to see if he was dancing. Was being attacked when it happened.

Novigrad guard mentioned something about Grim Fandango. I'll look for him later and update with the full quote if I can find him again.

Fight Club reference to Tyler Durden aka Brad Pitt

To Durden The Tailor annoying champion of Novigard

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 49
Top Bottom