List Your Favorite Easter Eggs!

+
The Cantarella name easter eggs:

The grey horse named Cantarella:

The spy named Cantarella:

Added these because pretty sure everyone found all the main obvious easter eggs in the game. I tried locating the rare ones that aren't really known through out the game. It's small but it's there I guess.

Last edited:
The Fall of the House of Reardon quest , the woman is called Dolores Reardon , which is a pretty weird name in Witcher universe, i consider it to be a reference to Dolores O'Riordan , the lead singer of The Cranberries .

Good find! Also, the "Fall of the House of Reardon" quest is itself a reference to "The Fall of the House of Usher" by Edgar Allen Poe. Those who found everything in the quest will notice the plots share similarities.

Yep. She's right by a location of interest. Geralt doesn't say much - just comments on who she is and something to the effect of it not being a pleasant death.

Ahh I was wondering if you were able to see birna brans death sentence on the rock anywhere. Where is she exactly? A point of interest in the water by kaer trolde? Was she still alive? Enough time gas passed in my game that I'd think she dead by now

Hark! ... I shall sing you a tale
Of a jarl, brave and true, a warrior bold
Friend to his people, and to his foes wrath unrolled.
Like a sturdy dhip, his courage never leaked.
Might was Jarl Torgeir of Clan Tuirseach.
For a man so grand, the Isles held plunder too few
So up Alba's shining waters he sailed with his crew.
Arriving at the City of Golden Towers' walls
He razed, ravaged and roared and shook the emperor's halls.
But Nilfgaard knows to suture strife with coin
And so out cutthroats crept, the jarl in battle to join
Lured by the fattened Nilfgaardian purse
To Skellige sailed bandits, villains and worse.

Girded for battle, the jarl stood in his fort
Yet Nilfs know no more honor than demon or chort.
A catapult they brought 'gainst the jarl's mighty keep.
The walls crumbled, buying his warriors deep.

An ocean of rubble swallowed men a great many,
Here we name but few of that noble company:
The pilgrim Tore, Stig of Dovre born, Slumbering Sigvard
And the witcher Gerd, to the last the jarl's faithful guard.

HAAAAAARK!!!

Attachments

• sc-flag.gif
    sc-flag.gif
    14.8 KB · Views: 56
One of the blonde haired girls in the Rosemary and Thyme says "This is a material world, I am a material girl" a Madonna reference. Also right outside of a cave is a massacre and an innocent looking white bunny in the middle of it, a reference to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
And the bunny can't be killed :).

My favorite is the killer rabbit...
Hello Monty Python !!

Laughed hard after seeing this :D

There is a Cyberpunk 2077 reference during Isles of the Mist quest:

Quote from another forum I posted it on:

When Geralt finally finds Ciri and then she is revived by that light from Avallac'h. In the dialogue when Geralt talks to Ciri about the worlds she has travelled to and she mentioned one world she went to which had flying ships (remember in Geralts time they don't know what flying cars is) and everybody had metal plates on there heads (the Judge Dredd looking helmet with metal visors in Cyberpunk) and Geralt thought she was joking. CDPR you clever bastards....

Not really an Easter egg but is is awesome, I happened upon this in white Orchard,

Geralt is sent to find the hunter who will lead him to where the Griffins victims were, the hunter tells him he has more or less been exiled from the village because he is a "freak". If Geralt admits he too is a freak, the dialogue the hunter gives goes on to say he and a man named Florian were in love and they were found by some other man who ratted them out. Florian hung himself afterwards.

Anyway, while wandering around, Geralt found a graveyard later, and at the head of the graveyard in a large ostentatious candle lit grave with a sword upon it, I found the name "Florian", and some epitaph was written about going he would find honour, etc. (Can't rmember the wording).

I thought this was such a nice touch, and not completely necessary to the story (devs had no idea I'd happen upon that grave and look at it, it wasn't suggested I go do so!) and yet it made me smile a bit to see it because it reminded me the story is rooted in the game further than in just a short bit of dialogue, it made me feel connected to the story a bit more having heard it and accidentally finding it, made those NOVs seem more real. I also liked that there was a grave for the character who clearly had been persecuted, and that he has been given an honourable burial and might have some peace despite what the village had thought of as "wrong". it was cool of the devs to put it there for the wanderer to happen upon.

Not really an Easter egg but is is awesome, I happened upon this in white Orchard,

Geralt is sent to find the hunter who will lead him to where the Griffins victims were, the hunter tells him he has more or less been exiled from the village because he is a "freak". If Geralt admits he too is a freak, the dialogue the hunter gives goes on to say he and a man named Florian were in love and they were found by some other man who ratted them out. Florian hung himself afterwards.

Anyway, while wandering around, Geralt found a graveyard later, and at the head of the graveyard in a large ostentatious candle lit grave with a sword upon it, I found the name "Florian", and some epitaph was written about going he would find honour, etc. (Can't rmember the wording).

I thought this was such a nice touch, and not completely necessary to the story (devs had no idea I'd happen upon that grave and look at it, it wasn't suggested I go do so!) and yet it made me smile a bit to see it because it reminded me the story is rooted in the game further than in just a short bit of dialogue, it made me feel connected to the story a bit more having heard it and accidentally finding it, made those NOVs seem more real. I also liked that there was a grave for the character who clearly had been persecuted, and that he has been given an honourable burial and might have some peace despite what the village had thought of as "wrong". it was cool of the devs to put it there for the wanderer to happen upon.

There's a tie-in to the Noonwraith quest as well, if you ask the herbalist about the dead woman. Everything is linked.

Not sure if eater egg or not but there is a reference to partying modern day Uni students, when you get drunk with the witchers of kaer morhen. The 'I have never' game, lambert picked the game up from a 'student at oxenfurt academy' :D and drunk prank calls later on in the scene.

Coral's figurines.A nice throwback to Season of Storms.I believe it was also a first mention of Sodden Hill in the games.

There's a tie-in to the Noonwraith quest as well, if you ask the herbalist about the dead woman. Everything is linked.
I noticed that one too and I appreciate the continuity with such small things, it makes the world feel so real and the NPCs connected to it. Things like salt on the doorsteps of the houses in crows perch on the night of the botchling quest (As Geralt asked the Baron to advise), or looking through the window at an NPC who is hiding and cowering from a mob of NPCs on the other side (The Pellar, lol, I looked and saw him fretting near his door). Or the seven cats inn actually has seven cats outside of it.

All these things are subtle but they're fun to look for and notice.

By the way, I don't know if this is an Easter Egg or not, buuuut the bear storyline part near the crowning of king part of the Skellige storyline...it reminded me a LOT of "Brave", lol. The Skelligers are all celts, they're having a great feast, Cerys has red hair and is impetuous and brave. Practically seems like a nod to it lol.

Top Bottom