List Your Favorite Easter Eggs!

+
Fist of the South Star achievement....

Is it a reference to Hokuto no Ken (aka fist of the north star in english)?

If so bravo CDPR....I was geeking out when I saw it.

Mostly LOTR ones:

Dwarves in Farcorners say, "Don't dare call me Bagginson"
Zoltan's "Me and My Axe" reference, Hattori's reference to Anduril.

Game of Thrones:
Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage) in Kaer Almhult, Skellige. Also, the dwarves in Novigrad say to Geralt, "Yer de Fukin' Dainklage". LOL!

Last but not the least, the mighty Trollololo! Yay! :rage:

Last edited:
I dunno if this one has been posted yet but: Hanzel & Gretel. The part in crook bag bog where you play as Ciri and meet a certain girl called: Gretka, looking for the trail of traits. She's not called Gretel but yeah I was like: Holy cow!

Possible Ciri cameo in Cyberpunk 2077
I can very much see Ciri appearing in CDPR upcoming title CyberPunk 2077 and here's why...
The scene in where Garelt revives Ciri on the isle of mists. Where she speaks about the worlds she has visited, one of witch she spoke of a world that had people with 'Metal in their heads, and waged a war remotely.'
Could she be speaking of a world that she lived a year in that sounds very similar to what CyberPunk 2077 is envisioned to be? Could there be like a room you enter and see Ciri just hiding out? I'd love it to see like an Easter egg or Cameo of her interaction of such a world would be great to see. What do you guys think in this possibility?

Edit: Nice to see my stand alone post got re-directed here. It can only mean I am right!

Last edited:
I like the H.P. Lovecraft Easter eggs, the bookseller has the Necronomicon, and the pirates on that Island near the haunted lighthouse in Skellige worship a 'great old one'. lol

I just read through this thread and nobody seems to remember :

"Gangs of Novigrad" is "Gangs of New York". Daniel D Lewis movie.
King of Beggar and his beggar sect is a homage to Beggar sects in Chinese literature like in "Return to Condor Heroes" which was probably a real sect (yes, they are probably some sort of mafia).

guess those wasn't anyone's favorite Easter eggs

And I didn't see this one here: a good pun about fifty shades of gray - When Geralt is looking for dandelion, you can ask Zoltan about the various girls the poet went out with. About one of them he says that she was a strange sort, made dandelion wear funny stuff and asked him to call themselves anastasia and christian.
That one cracked me up because I got it instantly (yes, I read the first book - it's awful) :) There's also a reference to Pretty Woman - when you go to that ball with Triss, some guy calls her Vivian and reminds her that due to his (I think) generosity, she no longer has to work as a prostitute :)

Don't eat the yellow snow.....lol what

Ok I never usually pay attention to the text lines that run during the load screen, lol but I only saw this one now. "Don't eat the yellow snow when the white frost comes".

Ok I never usually pay attention to the text lines that run during the load screen, lol but I only saw this one now. "Don't eat the yellow snow when the white frost comes".
Yeah I noted that one too. It's because someone peed on it, right? I get it, I get it.

Last edited:
{SPOILERS} Does Ciri escape to the world of Cyberpunk 2077?

When Cirilla tells Geralt about where she traveled with Avallac'h she mentions a world that sounds like its from the future. War is fought from a distance, metal in the heads and flying ships. It would be cool to find some mentions of the witcher world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWcK8hX6BhA

When Cirilla tells Geralt about where she traveled with Avallac'h she mentions a world that sounds like its from the future. War is fought from a distance, metal in the heads and flying ships. It would be cool to find some mentions of the witcher world.

It would not be surprising to find some Witcher related easter eggs in Cyberpunk 2077.

A possible Witcher 2 easter egg (apparently, this dialogue is enabled only with an imported TW2 save):
Borys The Troll: Kindnice man, troll help. Take. Award.
Geralt: This is the head of an elf!
Borys The Troll: Elfies good. Like tometooo.

And this is in TW2 (Chapter 2 on Iorveth's path):

Geralt: What's in the pot?
Sad Troll: Soup - elf and onion. Gooood. Want try?
Geralt: I don't really care for onions.
Sad Troll: Stupid wisha. Elf good taste with onions… Tomato like.
And from the same conversation, this could be a Witcher 1 reference
about a talking ghoul:

Geralt choice: Nothing else in there?

Geralt: Put anything else in the soup? No humans, I hope.
Borys The Troll: Mans? Noo… Mans some gibber interesting. Mans no gibber, go in pot.
Geralt: You like talking to humans?
Borys The Troll: Yah! Nekkras, ghoulwas - done dull. No gibber at all!
Geralt: Actually talked to a ghoul once. Found him quite eloquent.
Borys The Troll: Gibbering ghoul? Nooo. That like… like cucumbra singing… or somethis.

The mentioning of a Witcher called "Schrödinger" who might be alive, might be dead. Tyrion Lannister in a sky cell, hehe, and in HoS when some bandits scream "I live, I die, I live again!"

Being a Doctor Who fan (Hence my name) besides the weeping angles & the "smaller on the outside" line there is another Doctor Who quick reference, it is a visual one. When Geralt teleports to the land of the white frost, the crack in the wall across from where you first start is the same shape as the crack in the wall (As well as other episodes) in Amy Pond's bedroom.

As far as "The Future" that Ciri discribes. Yes they could be meaning CP2077, but remember the Fallout games, the war starts in 2077, fighting from a distance, metal heads(Brotherhood of Steel) & flying ships (Vertbirds).

I am quite stunned no one has picked upon the Taxman's name - Waltimore Mitty = Walter Mitty from the book and only true film version "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" I'm talking of the Danny Kaye movie not the idiot Ben Stiller's version. Never will see that version. It's like Star Wars, you would have to pay me all the money in the world to see them & only then would I just say I saw them but never see them.

I grew up with older parents, so that is why I know of the Danny Kaye movie.

oh many, some that i remember off the top of my head:

- a strumpet says "It's a material world, and i'm a material girl" :p
- the Twilight book
- the Monty Python bunny

I may be the last to notice the weeping angels

Is this a nod to Dr Who or have I missed something else?

The cemetary with crypt next to Lindenvale. Enter the cemetary and the statues are looking out, towards the entrance/walls. Go into the crypt and come out again and they are now facing you.

I think I may just be behind the times lol

Top Bottom