Little arrow with Places of Power in EE

+
Little arrow with Places of Power in EE

Pardon me if this is a moronic question...I certainly feel like a moron.You see, I have this problem with places of power. When I click on the blue glow I get the "You have found a Place of Power. What do you want to do?" query. And then I get stuck.My cursor vanishes and doesn't reappear no matter how much clicking and mouse wiggling I do. Likewise pressing the action keys--pressing any keys at all, actually--doesn't do anything.There is a small icon in the lower right corner, an arrow with a circle around it, that flashes. But I can't DO anything with it.Can anyone tell me if my game is broken or if I'm just dangerously stupid?

When I click on a Place of Power, it asks me what to do and my cursor disappears, but if I left-click, it takes me on to the next screen, which gives me a list of options.

What Corylea said. Its kind of like a dialgoue that needs confirmation.As for the flashing icon, that's new in the EE but I haven't figured out what that does yet.

I think I ran into this with the old game you can try to hit space bar and see if that dose the trick hope that helps

Seeker said:
I think I ran into this with the old game you can try to hit space bar and see if that dose the trick
Seeker's right. I haven't tried that yet in the EE, but in the original game, hitting the space bar would also work.

"haven't figured out what that does yet."I interpreted it as a visual cue to click the mouse button. I reacted the same way when I first got to a place of power (before EE); sat there looking at the screen going, "Now what?" By process of elimination, clicking the mouse did the trick. Maybe that's why they added it; 'cause they knew a lot of us were sitting here going "Ok, no cursor, no nothin', dude standing there, WHAT DO I DO!!??" Ahem.

Just started The Witcher again with the EE & have a problem with the Places of Power - when you click on them there is no dialogue on using them only a pulsing green button in the bottom right corner. How is this used?

I've had to left click multiple times to get each selection menu to work for both places of power and teleports. I had the problem with EE and during 1.3. I don't think I remember it in 1.2.

What's the problem with left-clicking? When I'm stuck on a screen in a game, I usually try multiple buttons, with mouseclicks, Escape, Enter and Spacebar being the most frequently used ones. Why post on the forums before trying out such obvious solutions?

Planewalker said:
What's the problem with left-clicking? When I'm stuck on a screen in a game, I usually try multiple buttons, with mouseclicks, Escape, Enter and Spacebar being the most frequently used ones. Why post on the forums before trying out such obvious solutions?
Troll? :eek: :wave:

also, some people are just not very self-sufficient .. they need or want to be *told* what to do, they don't tend to investigate stuff -- I used to teach older people to use computers (mainly women, but some men) and many were just irrationally convinced that hitting the *wrong* key on the keyboard would cause something to explode ... or worse ;D

gamewidow said:
also, some people are just not very self-sufficient .. they need or want to be *told* what to do, they don't tend to investigate stuff -- I used to teach older people to use computers (mainly women, but some men) and many were just irrationally convinced that hitting the *wrong* key on the keyboard would cause something to explode ... or worse ;D
You and Planewalker are funny :eek: But, so true :-X

This is a screen cap from Chapter 1, location near the crypt. There is no menu and I can't get back to the game. Mouse pointer has disappeared too.Am I doing something wrong?

When I trigger a place of power I also get no menus, but if I click once, they appear. It's similar to when Geralt is talking with any NPC - if you click while they are talking it jumps to the next phase of the conversation - the places of power behave the same way for me.After I click on nothing, it triggers the menu options to cast ritual of magic, or leave it alone.

Top Bottom