Little motivation to complete all the side stuff

+
At some point you basically max out, max street cred, super powerful weapons and gear, all the best cyberware and hacks, etc.

But you still have oodles of stuff left on the map to do.

I've been doing optional side stuff for days now and I still have a mountain of it and I'm not motivated to do much more, because it doesn't feel rewarding. The missions are all samey (infiltrate he place, steal the thing / kill the guy, leave). I'm strong enough the combat is trivial and I'm also strong enough the rewards and items are meaningless.

I dunno, I guess the counterargument is this stuff is all optional so if you don't enjoy it, don't do it. HOwever if I felt like it was actually progressing my character meaningfully I would feel more motivated.

I enjoy reading the emails amd various shards left at the scene. Sometimes they do a really good job of explaining the scene and we get a good glimpse of the cause-and-effect that they were trying to illustrate. Otherwise, every situation would feel very bland.

Generally I find the whole lets read this book that explains what has already happened in more detail kind of lame.

It is more engaging reading these texts as foreshadowing or something that gives you an edge in an upcoming puzzle or story crossroad.

But of course nothing replaces proper voice acted and scripted cinematics in story delivery.

No reason really. If you're not a completionist then i suggest to start over and play the game on hardest difficulty. This will give you some incentive to finish the side content first so you can progress your character a little smoother. <----Only way to prolong a playthrough and make it feel like a normal game.

Remember to stay away from the demo(main quest) for as long as you can, because if you even blink towards it, the game will show the end credits.

Top Bottom