Little tip for aiming (mainly Sniping/Fully charged Tech weapons) / Weapon Sway

+
So I recently discovered an odd option in settings o_O. I'm going with a sniper build and also really hated how a weapon would sway off of the main reticle (its really bad without rifle perks or a fully charged tech weapon)

Here's an example:

(Hip-fire reticle)
Sniper overview.jpg

Default Weapon Sway (On Weapon)
Badscoped.jpg
Badscoped2.jpg

I'm not moving the gun between any of the three images and you can see the main/hipfire (blue) reticle is still centered, but the scope and where the round will actually go is completely off with a varied distance between image 2 and image 3. I thought this was because of the lack of "rifle" perks but its actually a weird default setting.

In Settings > Gameplay > Accessibility section > change "Weapon Sway" from "On Weapon" to "On Camera"

Here's the same example after the change (On Camera):
Goodscoped.jpg
Goodscoped2.jpg

Note that I'm still not moving the rifle and not compensating for the sway, but the reticles are sticking to each other. With this change to the settings sniping should be more like COD, Battlefield, etc. I've never seen another game use the default setting like cyberpunk. Anyways its really straight forward but wanted to let people know this was a setting in the game.

I don't really see a difference. Maybe I am missing something.

Can you concisely say what the actual difference is between those two options? Does the player camera sway instead of the gun? If so, I don't see the difference in the images.

Edit: nevermind. I saw it now.

Top Bottom