Little touches: Street Cred

+
I was just skimming a thread over in the General section where the OP was glad that V wasn't the center of the universe and his story didn't affect NC, just him. Someone else made a comment how that makes sense since NC will swallow you up.

But then someone had made mention about street cred and wishing people would recognize you/remember you for that.

Which got me thinking: Wouldn't it be cool when you went to a vendor, instead of just better items suddenly appearing the the purchase list they were to say something like "Yeah, yeah. Here's what we got." for low SC
"V... I think I've heard of you. See out special collection." or for high SC: "Who hasn't heard of V, take a peek at what we have in back."

Just going into the game blind (loading it up and start playing without reading anything beforehand) and assuming I'm not a big gamer, I probably wouldn't have noticed items would change based on SC.

*edit*
If they also implement gang factions, this little touch could also be used there: You SC level could shorten the amount of time a rival gang sees you as a threat based on your SC, and maybe with some comments from the NPCs to reflect this.

*1 more edit I just thought of*
Gigs should also pay according to your SC. After all, you are going to pay more for a roofer with a higher reputation than one who no one has heard of, and I would think the same would be for fixers looking to get a job done. They would gladly be willing to pay more for someone who's known to be able to the get the job done.

Last edited:
This is already present. Certain gigs and gear are not available to you until you reach certain Levels or SC.

As for pay, there isn't really a functioning economy, and there are small ways to grind eddies. In a 24 hour cycle, you could easily NCART to lots of Drop Bins and grind.

It would be neater to grant access to more areas with higher SC (ideally like you could never get into the Afterlife without having Dec's backing), but given the amount of content that is present but not player accessible, that's not possible either.

This is already present. Certain gigs and gear are not available to you until you reach certain Levels or SC.

As for pay, there isn't really a functioning economy, and there are small ways to grind eddies. In a 24 hour cycle, you could easily NCART to lots of Drop Bins and grind.

It would be neater to grant access to more areas with higher SC (ideally like you could never get into the Afterlife without having Dec's backing), but given the amount of content that is present but not player accessible, that's not possible either.
I know it's already present, but the way it's in the game now is really not immersive, it's just... there. I also know it's pretty easy to get eddies, I've not been wanting yet. The point is though, it's the tiny details like the OP that bring the game to life and really draw the player in.

Top Bottom