Live relation from CDP conference

+
gameplay: http://plej.gazeta.pl/plej/0,0.html#kanal=Wiedzmin2,typ=polecanethe visuals sofar are AMAZING ! all hail the CDPR artists.

szypek26 said:
- They want to every one new ability give us something new – a signs, a strike etc. There won’t be “+10 to stamina” stuff
Great. I'm realy hoping for a game that gets rid of all the numbers and math. You get a new big sword and you intuitively know it's better, rather then comparing numbers.

mothra said:
gameplay: http://plej.gazeta.pl/plej/0,0.html#kanal=Wiedzmin2,typ=polecanethe visuals sofar are AMAZING ! all hail the CDPR artists.
Damn! The cut scenes have improved quite a bit!

Thoric said:
Great new visuals and combat system. Reminds me of ROTWW trailer. But...that...face...
lol.. Am I the only Witcher fan that likes Geralt's new look? I guess I just like the movie star look he has now. Though I do think they should make him look a little older.

szypek26 said:
Okay, info from today’s W2 presentation:- In the forest you have to look after yourself. There is no level-scaling so entering dangerous places at the beginning could be suicidal idea
yes! yes! yes! yes! yes! yes! yes! yes! yes! yes! yes! yes! yes! yes! yes! yes! yes! yes!Absolutely love the idea.

Drasill said:
Drasill said:
Great new visuals and combat system. Reminds me of ROTWW trailer. But...that...face...
lol.. Am I the only Witcher fan that likes Geralt's new look? I guess I just like the movie star look he has now. Though I do think they should make him look a little older.
Nah, I like it more too. There was really nothing wrong with the old one nor is there anything wrong with the new one but they have a pretty different style this time so it's good that they also changed Geralt's look.

I like Dandelion's new voice. This is how he supposed to sound in the first place, a funny sidekick.The graphics are great, everything looks stunning.But...Am I the only one worried about the new combat system? It looks clumsy, he's all over the place.

I have a question. Will the game be playable with mouse-only in point'n'click style (like the original was) or will we have to use keyboard/gamepad for combos etc. Is there still going to be an option of playing in isometric view, or only third person over the should view?

reanimathor said:
reanimathor said:
Damn! The cut scenes have improved quite a bit!
I`m glad to hear that, thanks:)
Actually, cut-scenes were a main reason for me to cuddle on the bed with my laptop to play the game.Together with the music, I'd slow my pc's performance just so cut-scenes would stay a while to load.So soothing, beautiful and serene... I couldn't help dream of them (literally).Many thanks from this fan for the even more brilliant art I just saw on the videos on diary and conference. Thanks :beer:

aehm, vsync ?? hello ? hello ?also I like what I see about the new combat system. It's just the dude's style to jump all over the place but they clearly show that you can block as well. too early to say anything but I think it looks much more fluid. let's wait for some sword+sign+oils+bombs+potions action. that will be interesting. also, seems like he uses Yrden in the trailers but the sign on the ground is not clear to see and looks differnt. Yrden was my favorite in the last game, then came Quen and Igni. Quen+Yrden charged combo was my most beloved one. well, i find myself replaying those 3 trailers and gameplay vids OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I hope for an HD version as well so I can pause and analyse the new HUD. I liked the old, ornamental style one but the new one looks ace as well.AND NO LOADING IN HOUSES, you can just open the door and go in.glorious !!!!

One thing.... May I ask for the wallpaper the demo pc from the conference had to be released some day, please? ;D Thx!

The only concern I had with this cutscene was that it didn't have much facial animation. No emotions or expressions' they just talked with blank faces.

reanimathor said:
Yes, it was X360 controller.
o_O Why have you showed the game played with gamepad? Is it the better control scheme for the game? I prefer keyboard+mouse... I supose the game sill be very optimized for keybpard and mouse, regarding the control was suberb on TW1.

Top Bottom