Live stream with developers 26.02.2019

+

Join us tomorrow at 8 PM CET on twitch.tv/cdprojektred! Paweł Burza and Jason Slama will be back to talk about the upcoming update – including new seasonal trees, seasonal casual mode and balance changes!

See you there!

DRK3

Forum veteran
Lot of changes in this new patch. Nice to see Arachas Queen (my favourite MO Leader) is gettin a buff while all Big Monsters are getting a nerf. Also, RIP Spears/Shields (good riddance)

Loved the new cardbacks, but was crushed when you said the cool Wolf one is only coming in January 2020, i hope there's some other great ones soon because i didnt like the bear or squirrel one.

The end of MO is near !!!!
Would you mind explaining why you assume that ?
I do not see them being unplayable, let alone bad.
And that is coming from someone who mained Monsters ever since Closed Beta.

Though all in all I like what they did with the changes, especially Spear not being as annoying, which will lead to certain artifact removal cards not being played anymore, which means other artifacts are actually a lot more playable.

So the value of Spear and Shield has dramatically decreased. I think they went a little far but I don't tend to play them all that often so I'm not that phased.

Derran has been banished. The middle ground would have been better here: 3 points/8 provisions for moving 2 cards in the graveyard.

I think Eldain is going to welcome himself hastily in the meta come the expansion with new traps and an extra charge.

So the value of Spear and Shield has dramatically decreased. I think they went a little far but I don't tend to play them all that often so I'm not that phased.

Derran has been banished. The middle ground would have been better here: 3 points/8 provisions for moving 2 cards in the graveyard.

I think Eldain is going to welcome himself hastily in the meta come the expansion with new traps and an extra charge.

Spear and shield were both OP, yet their solution is just silly. Four point cards distributed over 4 turns. That is literally less than almost any 4 provision cards. Outside of Regis decks or SK decks spear will have no value. Outside of NR decks shield will have no value.

Derran can still bring out Morkvarg (I hope I spelled that right,) for an eight point swing. I agree it is too nerfed and no longer really all that valuable. At the very least they should give it a discard tag so it could play a discard revive card. Looks like they want to crack down on discard overall.

You might be right about Eldain. Just depends on what those traps do. The current state of traps is rather pathetic. Essentially 2 lacerates, 2 lighting shots that trigger after the opponent plays, a 8 point boost that can brick easily, a special card killer which only works if the opponent plays a special card, and an instant kill which is very hard to time effectively. We need traps that do unique things or at the very least provide additional benefits.

Spear and shield were both OP, yet their solution is just silly. Four point cards distributed over 4 turns. That is literally less than almost any 4 provision cards. Outside of Regis decks or SK decks spear will have no value. Outside of NR decks shield will have no value.

I'll admit I hate both artifacts. So my view is not at all objective. I would agree dropping them to 4 charges is a bit excessive. The only way I could see either being worth it post-change is if they generate hidden value or have synergy with damage or boosting. As an example, knocking an engine off a board or keeping it on = more points.

Derran can still bring out Morkvarg (I hope I spelled that right,) for an eight point swing. I agree it is too nerfed and no longer really all that valuable. At the very least they should give it a discard tag so it could play a discard revive card. Looks like they want to crack down on discard overall.

Honestly, Derran wasn't seeing a lot of play lately anyway. In some decks yes. Many SK decks swapped to Roach though. It's less thinning but costs 1 extra provision for more early round punch and reliability. Derran was good before the first nerf but you still had to draw him. Ideally early. I think adjusting SK thin options so they are still viable but cannot provide the ability to discard spam to fix the deck/hand, reduce the deck size and throw pretty decent points on the board all in one is the right approach.

When I heard that there would be some bigger changes than just value provision tweaks, I was looking forward to those, but the result seems to be rather underwhelming in my opinion.
While a couple of cards got changes, there are a lot more cards that are unused or hardly playable at the moment, and who didn't get any changes at all.
Also, there were a couple of changes that I find highly questionable. Damned sorcerers range back to 2 is nuts in my opinion as that means she can go back to oneshotting most engines as a 4 provision card. And due to the card not being an engine, the row it is played on does hardly matter at all. Just compare her to Vrihedd Officer. It would have made much more sense, if the reach would be only increased if there were another Specter already on the row.
And I also dislike the change to Reinforcements. Before it was a card being made for engine and Order decks, something that should be a strength of NR. Instead of strengthening the card in that niche or removing its problems, it was made a lot more generic and can now be used with any bronze card, which means that it makes actually less sense to use it with Order cards.

And Rainfarns change seems weird too. Before he wasn't good, but had atleast interactions with a couple of cards. Now he is only playable with Cahir. And having a gold card that needs another gold for synergie and even then exceeds its provision costs only by 1 is really bad.
But I agree with another poster around here. The reason might be that the expansion cards will take over the both-side-boost strategy as that fits perfectly for the galant kinghts of Toussaint in my opinion.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
lol

Same SHITTY tweaks (a.k.a. nerfs into oblivion) as always. CDPR - you've learned NOTHING in two years. NADA. ZERO. ZILCH.

And that, my friends, is the sad truth.

... I miss Gwent...

1) Hey but what's with this Derran nerf?! 1 card to the graveyard so I will just use princess Brana instead of him! Just for throwing 1 card I want 6 provisions... I hate morvark (no synergies other than just discard).
I think his nerf was designed considering a deck using ALL the thinning cards, eh...
I used him instead of Witchers or Brana so the rest of the deck was very diverse...
And right in time when Lippy become somehow meta... So now nobody will play this very interesting deck.

Also I don't quite understand Coral - is she tooo OP with 3 damned discards? Nonody's played Coral for ladder anyways so 2 charges + Zeal will not make her leader-playable (weeell maybe as a replacement for Derran in a Lippy deck...) BUT will make her LESS useful in a for-fun coral deck, IMO...
I want 8 provisions...

2) and nice to see an playable Alchemy card, but 6 value for 6 prov with conditions doesn't sound well... By far you could eg. use Triss 11 prov to play 13 prov card, ok, but no one played it, too weak. I see MANY many synergies are lost, can't see many new.

3) the hell with Damned Sorceress? 4 prov, feed for Specter, and now is an One Punch Zombiewoman. Reeeekt.
I'd prefer Gwent going a complexity + synergies path instead of one hit counter and just locking/removing everything!!!!!!

And Emhyr - so now he won't target Shupee or Zoltan and still has 12 provisions?! Okaayyy....

4) Letho now very good card, but more locks: meh.
5) I like MO changes, maybe we'll see different Big Woodnald attempts not just 1 the same.
6) +1 charge for Eldain won't suddenly make him an interesting card; there are too few swarm archetype cards. Just a value ok alright. I wish there were traps that could protect SK engines (Sentry and the elf woman).
7) A change for Makaham Horn imo wasn't super necessary because this one was a rather good card, but ok fine.
However Serpent Trap wasn't changed, no? What the heck... A card nobody plays - screw it, right.

About the hella ton of cards that are unused, unplayable - yeah everybody can rapidly think of 2-4 but I haven's seen any forum thread listing them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom