LIVE STREAM WITH DEVELOPERS 27.09.2017

+
Celestes666;n9604161 said:
I can't say how I mad I am...

1) halestorm. Still freaking OP!!!!! Golds not targetable doesnt change anything. DEEPLY MAD. Wanna delete gwent right now. I said every russian explicit words when they talked about halestorm. It should hit 2, 3 units, but NOT EVERY UNIT??????? Especially when there are so many units which can move yours into one row.

2) Crap golds. DEEPLY MAD. Do they think its ok that gold card can be easily killed with bronze a.thunder???

3) Nerfing worst faction???? Restore?? REALLY???

4) NR still op.
Shani stennis cavalry was 5+3(5+5)+8(10)=8+18=26. Now 5+3(3+2)+7(5)=8+12=20.
Not much of a nerf.
Stennis doomed would be enough but oh no...... Cavalry now agile????? Cmon... ((((((((((((((( if dikstra now +1, i would consider it a laugh in the face.

4) Ok, pirates dead (now more dead than before with restore death), spotters dead, but insane farseers AND dbp still alive???? IS THIS A JOKE????
Before, only dbp was op, but now you place farseers, and then 18-20 dbps.

Thank God only for clear sky buff. Maybe it will be less ragnaroks and draughts now.

The only possible archetype I see is still abuse of halestorm with as many means as possible: drowners, aard, zoltan, drwarfes. Silly.....

So dissappointed. So. Soooooooooooo.
1) Hailstorm was fine until latest patch. Why is hailstorm popular now? Because movement is busted. We have yet to see the full change list and it was heavily implied that agility/rows/movement will get some major change next big patch. So hold your horses and wait. In the meantime the card got weaker but not unplayable, which is fine.

2) Yes it's perfectly fine. The whole "i didn't put/drawed d. shackles hence i'm going to lose to triss butt/yencon/villen/etc... was quite bs.

3) Rethaz clearly stated how they are against 30+ point bronzes, and i'm totally with him. Not matter how difficult and easily stopped that deck was, it was bs. They clearly wants bronze finishers to be in the 15-18 range, and captains now falls in that range. As for "SK is dead", at least cry AFTER you see the full patch note (which may hold some SK Buff). Oh and restore is actually interesting now.

4) It may be enough. Again wait until patch note before crying

Oh and a note about mill. Why the f people cry about it? I mean i steamroll mill with my spy NG, which on paper is one of the best matchups (for mill). It's easy, keep imperial golem and roach in your hand. Mulligan rainfarn and the emissaries out. Generally DON'T MUSTER FROM DECK. There you go you won't get milled now, you are welcome.
If you play correctly it's an easy game, because mill have very low point generation if they can't mill you.

I'm fine with leaving Mill in the game, honestly. I just dislike the fact that Emhyr can immediately demote Av without a counter then bounce him. Previously, you had a counter (a few of them). Someone drops Av, you drop an 8 point unit (or more). They shackle, then you pass. Oh look, counter. Or - someone drops Av, they shackle, then you Scorch or Compress, or whatever else. Hell, you could even burn two cards and hit him with 2x Thunderbolt if you really want to break the combo.

With the new Emhyr, there is no counter. They drop Av, and there's little to nothing you can do because 1) he's Gold, and 2) he's 8 power. You only have one card to counter him, and must do it while he's gold.

I really hope they consider redesigning the passive oriented gold cards that have disappeared from the game since the gold immunity patch.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Mill go away but it doesn't look like that will happen. I think it's a stupid archetype akin to the old Stasis decks from Magic the Gathering. At least mill in Hearthstone leads to fatigue damage from card draws. In this case the deck makes for long tiresome games where you have to ignore all your muster and thinning and play your deck in a very boring fashion. Viewers hate it, streamers hate playing against it, and it doesn't matter if it's popular, many decks were popular and got nerfed into the ground.

There is also the problem of the developers pushing archetypes that aren't very strong to begin with, and then creating myriads of answers to those archetypes throughout the game, or making the archetypes competitively viable and excessively nerfing them because they are "too good". Sk is the biggest example of this. The Wild Boar/ Light Longships/Greatsword/Hunter is a fun idea but completely worthless in this movement crazy meta. They finally create a viable Mulligan archetype but instantly nerf it into the ground. It's nice to see they didn't take this approach to NR in the upcoming patch but that doesn't exactly help out SC now does it. They redsign Pirate Captains and, once again, destroy the deck in the next patch. SK needs some serious thought put into their design and archetypes becuase at this rate no one will be playing anything but the boring copy paste harpoon/qg decks that every single streamer uses on the pro ladder cause you have to play SK eventually. I just don't understand their approach to balance. Some decks get oblitered from existence while other receive appropriate balance tweaks, and some(Mill), that people cleary despise on the player and viewer end, are left untouched.

Last edited:
Sunsibar;n9610201 said:
Yeah, I have been refreshing the news section few hours now. Can't remember when was the last time I have waited a patch so much :D

I really want to play that Mahakam thingy!

I fear that I spoil it to me with absorbing it too fastly. It's 6 challenges, but a great additional tease for Thronebreaker and upcoming events like this.

Last edited:
So about the changes, what is CDPR doing? it´s hiting specific decks one after the other, first ST mulligan, now Radovid deck was hit really hard, this should be to balance the overall of the factions, NR needed a nerf, yes, but not to this extense, and what about SK, what was this, the weakest faction beeing hit with nerf??? don´t get this and then Hailstorm doesn´t hit golds, what a laught, its gonna lose value, what, 5 points, Hailstorm if to be changed it should be like D.Bomb and Horn. I know that it´s impossible to put every faction side by side in power, but come on, and not addressing the Golds again, they´ve lost the immunity, fine, but some of them should have been changed and for a second time nothing.At this point i´m just frustrated with the direction the game is going...My opinion
Best of regards

Making practically all units agile completely defeats the point of the row labels

Making First Light buff all units by one makes gold weather unplayable

Making gold units interactable and then making them non-interactable with cards on a case by case basis is stupid

Merigold Hailstorm shouldn't negate armor so that armor (anti-weather purpose originally) blocks hailstorm (should be classified as a weather effect)

How has Gauter O Dimm not been fixed after two patches, you put down 5 gold and risk giving your opponent card advantage... I mean.... sheesh

Great game though I guess, I keep playing it....

Chaob_N7;n9613081 said:
Making practically all units agile completely defeats the point of the row labels
Couldnt agree more but they said its a change in preparation for the next major update wich will be at the end of October if I recall correctly so we will see what ends up happening.

Chaob_N7;n9613081 said:
Making First Light buff all units by one makes gold weather unplayable
No it doesnt, on an optimal scenario you get 6 points from a Gold weather and if your opponent clears it they only get 3 points back.
Also Gold weathers beeing good makes deck building restricted because you are forced to run 2 or 3 clear weathers or else you risk loosing a lot of games if you dont draw them when you need them.
On the other hand I dont think this change was necesary since First Light was meant to be a tech card and it already had the benefit of having the Rally effect in case your opponent had no weathers.

Chaob_N7;n9613081 said:
Making gold units interactable and then making them non-interactable with cards on a case by case basis is stupid
Is this about the Merigold change? if so then it's actually kind of irrelevant since there are no "big" golds beeing run right now so it will do nothing to stop the card from showing up in every deck.

Chaob_N7;n9613081 said:
Merigold Hailstorm shouldn't negate armor so that armor (anti-weather purpose originally) blocks hailstorm (should be classified as a weather effect)
I dont think thats fair since there is only really 1 faction that can get so much armor and thats NR wich would make the card pretty bad in that specific match up and we all know NR doesnt need a buff at the moment.

Chaob_N7;n9613081 said:
How has Gauter O Dimm not been fixed after two patches, you put down 5 gold and risk giving your opponent card advantage... I mean.... sheesh
Its clear you havent played the Witcher 3 or the Hearts of Stone DLC because otherwise you would not be omplaining about this card, its meant to be this high risk high reward card when you play it because you are making a "deal" with a very powerfull demon. If you win you get to play what is basically a Royal Decree that has 5 strenght and can pull not only golds but any card you want from your deck or loose and you go -1 card.

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to the changes and the Mahakam Ale Fest event! I just hope you neglected to mention adding the Doomed and Stubborn tags to Avallach, and it wasn't an oversight ;)

Shuls02;n9613131 said:
Couldnt agree more but they said its a change in preparation for the next major update wich will be at the end of October if I recall correctly so we will see what ends up happening.
I am afraid the added agility without the announced tech patch will cause us some trouble meanwhile, so it might have been better to delay that change. The example of the banana cavalry being row locked which poses a problem was definitely not the best choice.

Shuls02;n9613131 said:
Couldnt agree more but they said its a change in preparation for the next major update...

Well, pardon me, but it seems stupid to do this before the said patch, and to a faction archetype that is already established as T1.

Shuls02;n9613131 said:
Its clear you havent played the Witcher 3 or the Hearts of Stone DLC because otherwise you would not be omplaining about this card, its meant to be this high risk high reward card when you play it because you are making a "deal" with a very powerfull demon. If you win you get to play what is basically a Royal Decree that has 5 strenght and can pull not only golds but any card you want from your deck or loose and you go -1 card.

No I have.... point is the risk is higher than the reward. Hence noone runs the card in ranked play (4000+ mmr) ever.

Chaob_N7;n9618201 said:
No I have.... point is the risk is higher than the reward. Hence noone runs the card in ranked play (4000+ mmr) ever.

Well the risk was higher in game as well since if you loose he takes your soul... :hmm:

In all seriousness tho the card isnt meant to be a competitive card by any means, you can say its on the same boat as Kambi.

Top Bottom