Live stream with developers 29.04.2019

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
I liked most of the changes, although its a bit weird to see NG Reveal being basically destroyed - i think only Triss, Yen: something and Xarthisius remain reveal cards, at least those werent shown in the reworked cards.

Reveal might not be good, but the mechanic wasnt completely removed, and there are still those contracts to 'do mechanic x 1000 times' which will be way tougher now, i think i'll do a reveal deck today to say goodbye.

On a positive note, loved to see my boys Calveit and Svalblod getting provision buffs, and OP cards like Caldwell, WH Riders and 4pt removal neutrals nerfed.

Still not enough points per card throughout the game.

Gwent - light

I prefer the Thronebreaker amount of points. Points are fun. Games where the total amount of points for either player after 3 rounds is less then 50. Isn't.

I'm pretty disappointed with the Nilfgaard changes. Removing an archtype and replacing it with nothing, that's not really improvement.

I also like reveal, and would like to see it improved rather than ditched. It's not really a quantifiable ability, but revealing (looking at) the opponents cards is definetely useful. It's definetely a shame that one of the coolest and most special abilities in the game is being ditches like this. This ability is "very Nilfgaard" too me.

Alonside it, Morvan got completely killed in favour of Anna. And everyone's (not mine) favourite card got changed dramatically in addition, the mage.

I'm not sure Nilfgaard is even equally strong as it was before, most likely it seems further weakened, and looking at the pro ranks and ranks in general, Nilfgaard was already weak.

New faction? Do you really need to focus on getting a new faction (and new leaders etc) in before you can get what you already have in the game in order? It needs alot of effort and fine adjustments to make the factions equally strong, perhaps that should be the priority before you add any new cards, new factions or new leaders?
Post automatically merged:

On a positive note, loved to see my boys Calveit and Svalblod getting provision buffs, and OP cards like Caldwell, WH Riders and 4pt removal neutrals nerfed.

That was sickening too see, all Skellige leaders getting further provisions and improvements, even when they are already too strong.

I also hoped that reveal would be reworked not deleted. Spies, soldiers and tactics will be stronger than before but we will have to wait and see if theese strategies will be strong enough to cope with other factions.

Assimilate is not a viable strategy right now because the related units (especially ducal guards) are far too weak. You can get some points out of it but it is not reliable at all.

Assimilate is not a viable strategy right now because the related units (especially ducal guards) are far too weak. You can get some points out of it but it is not reliable at all.

Compare assimilate with the boosting abilities of NR and Skellige, and they look really weak and useless. Sadly, despite boosting being one of the better abilities of NR, it seems Skellige is better at this as well and can boost faster and more than NR with among others their damage self etc units. Out of the related 4-6 provision units, those of Skellige are much better than those of NR. Those boost "engines" as well seems better for Skellige, as they can replay those same bronze card and make a second one, whereas NR in most cases depend on a gold card for a similarly strong engine.

It's a bit sad that a DLC based faction now is by far the best one aside from "Monsters", and that they seem to be the favourite of the developers and get all the best stuff.

No Cahir rework or buff yet?
He should atleast be immune in my opinion, he is too vulnerable and has almost no support at all.

Top Bottom