Live stream with developers today!

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED
Live stream with developers today!

Join us live on Monday, October 30th at 9.00 PM CET for a developer update live stream on the official CD PROJEKT RED Twitch channel!

Paweł Burza and Michał "Luigi" Dobrowolski will be talking about the upcoming patch, new cards and the next holiday event. Make sure to stop by!

Stream will be available here.

Last edited:
Those new cards are just ridiculous.

Flaminica is preposterous. Tell me how her skill compares to ST whether cleaning card, please?

Compare her to the Standard Bearer?

Hope those two also got some buff, cause it is just too much.

I am stunned by all the revealed changes.

Last edited:
Interesting "nerf" to the Restore. So basically it can't be taken away with Aglais, but still can restore a 10 point Gremist into a 20 point combo... And the Dorregarray can still be pulled twice with Freya creating a solid supply of Ekimmarras... Not thrilled about it.

I'm quite skeptical tbh. First of all, I feel that you overtune many of the new cards. Let me give you an example: Lets compare Crow's Eye to the similar ability of Mahakam Pyrotechnician (MP). MP is a 5 body that at best will be worth 14 points. The damage it deals is random. Crows Eye on the other hand is not random and has a maximum value between 12 and 18 points (unless operators and such). Okay so what's wrong with that? Well you seem to forget that there are plenty of cards that can pull special, alchemy or organic cards (yes Crow's Eye is all three!). So essentially most of the time we will be dealing with a combo worth 14 to 20 points while also thinning your deck. IOW There's no reason to ever play MP again.
This was only one example but there were many new cards in that list that by the looks of it is borderline OP, like the Venendal elite which is a bronze-buffed serrit.
This is starting to become quite a rant by me, so I'll stop. But yeah, not thrilled.

Last edited:
I'm fairly disappointed with the announcements in the stream to be honest. Of course there are some interesting new cards/changes - finally a start of a dryad synergy - BUT there is nothing about agility. I was pretty much counting on them, that this whole "Make every card agile"- thing gets something to become Gwent again.
Last stream they said something huge is coming for agility, if it comes next patch - another 2 months - it is not the right approach to give the game more agility as an interim. I want the Closed Beta Gwent back. Being limited to rows with certain units, having agility as a rare mechanic in the game; Golds can be agile, but not every bronze unit should with Scoia'tael, as the best fit, having the least.

I just finished the Gwent Slam 2 matches. Seeing close to every game, both players stacking - and being able to stack - one row solely, without any effect, simply by playing those units from hand, leading to them eating one lacerate was heartbreaking. It feels enormously dumb that this is possible and lucrative.

Overall I liked what I heard/seen on the stream
as always thanks guys !

and..as always ...I never speculate on something I haven't played yet.
I've been proven wrong on a lot on things I thought would not work pre patch

The change at the begining of the year (season only 1 month long) seems like a good plan.
2 months for the same 3 or 4 decks to reign the ladder does get quit stale
I just now have enough factions to play 4 different ones with 2 archetypes so that really breaks the staleness for me.
But I wonder if it will be like 10 cards per season? Or less?

guess time will tell.

TheShift;n9761171 said:
[...]
The change at the begining of the year (season only 1 month long) seems like a good plan.
2 months for the same 3 or 4 decks to reign the ladder does get quit stale
I just now have enough factions to play 4 different ones with 2 archetypes so that really breaks the staleness for me.
But I wonder if it will be like 10 cards per season? Or less?
[...]

They didn't say that there will be a major patch every month. They just shortened the duration of a ranked ladder season. I doubt that they will do the same to the Pro Ladder this Gwent masters season. Interesting how qualifying to the Pro Ladder will be like now, probably you can qualify 1 month in with reaching rank 21 (atm) in the ranked ladder, thus 2 qualification turns for 1 Pro Ladder season.
This being said, they were reserved with patches midseason - refering to the Pro Ladder - and I doubt this mindset will change.

TV_JayArr;n9760891 said:
I'm fairly disappointed with the announcements in the stream to be honest. Of course there are some interesting new cards/changes - finally a start of a dryad synergy - BUT there is nothing about agility. I was pretty much counting on them, that this whole "Make every card agile"- thing gets something to become Gwent again.

I'm also against agility. I have stopped playing this Gwent game since devs decided to make almost 90% of the cards agile. I believe that the player base of Gwent has decreased dramatically even when it hasn't been officially released yet. So sad!

Top Bottom