loading during conversations

+
loading during conversations

i have seen a lot of discussions about this but cant find an answer. Whenever i enter a conversation pretty much after every sentence the game has to load and also after every yellow dialog option it loads as well i have mods yes i have tried uninstalling all of them and still have the problem

Welcome to the forums, killerexcon!

Can you clarify what you mean by "loading"? There will be a "loading" or "saving" indicator that appears, but you should experience little more than a short pause and perhaps a blurred screen on lower-end systems (at or just above required specs). On systems that meet or exceed recommended specs, there should be no noticeable loading or only a tiny hitch. What are you seeing, exactly?

Also, please post your specs. :)

killerexcon;n10386522 said:
i have seen a lot of discussions about this but cant find an answer. Whenever i enter a conversation pretty much after every sentence the game has to load and also after every yellow dialog option it loads as well i have mods yes i have tried uninstalling all of them and still have the problem

Seems like a performance issue to me.....what are your pc's specs?

I have this issue. I played the game for about 10 hours without issues and then suddenly every time I enter conversations, I'm met with a ~8-15 second loading screen, and I get them after every sentence. Graphic settings don't seem to make any difference.

My specs are:
Windows 10
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4GB
Intel Core i7-6700K
16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM
Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Cooler Master Silent Pro M II 720W PSU

The game is the GOTY version installed through GOG Galaxy on the SSD.

Welcome to the Forums, Zemeth!

And, Vhalyr
killerexcon

I'm still not sure I'm understanding the issue. Are you speaking about:

"When I'm in dialogue, there are "highlighted" options (which I think is what killerexcon means by a "yellow dialogue option") and tangent / more-info options (which are a "dull" color). If I pick a dull colored option, the scene plays fine. If I select a highlighted option, the visuals become blurry, and the game pauses for a while as it loads the next part of the scene."

Assuming that's the case, it's most likely down to something on your system preventing the game from smoothly accessing the hardware. This is common due to Windows security features and restrictions. Try the following:

1.) Be sure the game is not installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86). These are protected directories in Windows and it can introduce issues, even using standard Administrator accounts. Best bet is to install all games to the root of the drive or a folder of your own creation, i.e. C:\The Witcher 3\... or C:\MyRPGgames\The Witcher 3\... (If using Steam, you can simply follow these steps for moving an existing Steam installation. You'll likely have to verify each of your games once after doing this.)

2.) Add the game to the exceptions list for your anti-virus, firewall, etc.

3.) Set the game's .EXE to "Run as administrator". If using Windows 10, be sure that the Permissions for the game's folder and the ...Documents\The Witcher 3\... folder are set to "Everyone".

If this is not the situation...need more info...:p

I get a black screen and the loading symbol when entering dialogue, and then during the dialogue I get a blurry screen with the loading symbol after choosing dialogue options and after chunks of dialogue.

The game is not installed in a protected directory and I did the other things you suggested, but no luck.

Zemeth;n10607322 said:
I get a black screen and the loading symbol when entering dialogue, and then during the dialogue I get a blurry screen with the loading symbol after choosing dialogue options and after chunks of dialogue.

The game is not installed in a protected directory and I did the other things you suggested, but no luck.

That sounds like an old bug. Plus, if it was working correctly before... Odd. If you could answer / try each of these in turn:

1.) Have you installed anything new on your system? And Windows Updates recently? Did you update any anti-virus stuff?

2.) It's possible that, somehow, your installation is not fully up to date. Back up your saves, firstly. Then, if using any mods, uninstall them completely. Ensure no files are set to "Read only".

Delete everything in your ...Documents\The Witcher 3\... folder (EXCEPT the gamesaves folder -- KEEP that), then run a verify / repair through Steam / GOG / Origin.

3.) If that still doesn't work, I would suggest reinstalling completely, but be sure you do so to a new directory -- not the same file path that you were using before. I would uninstall, use CCleaner to repair the registry, then install again to the new path. (Also, be sure that if you have the GOTY edition, you're installing only the base game and the Season Pass -- nothing else. Don't install HoS and B&W separately.)

Not confident yet, but the sudden bubbles of this issue appearing all at the same time makes me think it has something to do with Windows or a 3rd-party program. Obviously, something changed, but there have been no updates to the game itself. If the issue continues even after a completely fresh install to a new location, I would contact CDPR Support directly:

http://en.cdprojektred.com/support/

Loadings and blur during cutscenes might also be caused by exceeding the game's mods limit, as far as i know.
If you uninstall the mods, you also need to delete ''mods.settings'' from Documents/Witcher 3 folder.

Also...which mods are you using? If you are using HD reworked project, you can try manually setting that mod to an higher load priority

Vhalyr;n10630291 said:
Loadings and blur during cutscenes might also be caused by exceeding the game's mods limit, as far as i know.
If you uninstall the mods, you also need to delete ''mods.settings'' from Documents/Witcher 3 folder.

Also...which mods are you using? If you are using HD reworked project, you can try manually setting that mod to an higher load priority

This is possible, but I believe the game will normally fail to launch if the mod limit is exceeded. I did fail to mention mods earlier though, so thanks for bring that up! (Mods can create a such a menagerie of issues! :p)

Everyone, be sure to back up your saves before starting to remove or fiddle with mods, if you're using any.

SigilFey;n10632341 said:
This is possible, but I believe the game will normally fail to launch if the mod limit is exceeded. I did fail to mention mods earlier though, so thanks for bring that up! (Mods can create a such a menagerie of issues! :p)

Everyone, be sure to back up your saves before starting to remove or fiddle with mods, if you're using any.

Np! I personally had blur during cutscenes with HQ Reworked Project. I solved it by manually setting it to high priority....that's why i suggested it.
Backup-ing saves before messing with already installed mods is a golden rule and should be done always, in any case.
However, if you uninstall mods AND delete the ''mods.settings'' file, you shouldn't have issues. This is actually the only way to fully remove mods from the game (it would be enough to erase the deleted mods from this file, but since this file is auto re-created on game launch, it is easier and simpler to do it this way)

This happened to me today with the Spawn companions mod! But I uninstalled it right after that cause it wasn´t compatible with my mods, that unfortunately changed almost every ingame and mod setting. And this problem also appeared!
But now it´s fixed! The issue is most likely in (some in game) RAM limitation (MSI Afterburmer showed stable 4300 MB of RAM usage - and that´s not right! it should be fluctuating arrong 5 - 6 GB but here it was rock solid - it kept loading and unloading files because of this limit, thus it had to wait on every line of dialogue :/ Not a pleasant experiece!
My graphical settings were reset to medium (I didn´t even notice it was lower than before (this game looks THAT good!). My guess is that the medium quality brings a limit for RAM utilization, but it´s not in love with HD Reworked Mod (I have it aswell) that causes more memory usage.

I disabled the 30 fps cap (set to unlimited), motion blur and upped the textures to ultra, also reset my mod settings to my previous numbers also did the high priority on the first try! Now it´s smooth as butter!
:victory:

Here is, how I solved the problem

long loading during conversations in Witcher 3​

for me on PC:

First is disabled all mods in the Witcher 3 Mod manager and deleted the merged files in the MOD folder of the game. - The issue was gone: the conversations had no loading times anymore. Then I reactivated the mods step by step, always 10 at a time and checked, when the loading bug reappears. I also merged the Scripts anew step by step, always 10 at a time. At one time the bug reappeared. I figured this way, that the bug was in my case caused by the "1.1 - Yennefer of Vengerberg 4K - Curvy Version" mod. It makes sense, because the Issue came in my case, when I Installed the free DLC of Yenns alternative clothes, after I already had installed the mod..

The solution was simple then: I did "Remove" the mod with the remove button (not just deactivating by unchecking the mod). Then I added the mod again with the "Add" button from the downloaded zip file from nexus. So I actually reinstalled the mod. And it worked like a charm. No loading times anymore but still beautiful Yen.

So i guess, sometimes mods gets broken and need to get reinstalled. I guess in other cases other mods can cause the issue and you need to figure out, which one. Its definitely worth the time - the game makes much more fun without the loading delay.

Top Bottom