Loading problems after 1.12 patch

+
Loading problems after 1.12 patch

I think 1.12 patch broke my game.

When i move about, areas don't load immediately, the maps just shows a blank, and I won't be able to move until the new area is loaded.

When interacting with NPCs, I get a delay before cutscene/conversation and a loading screen shows up.
Even when replying within conversations I briefly get a loading screen after a choose a dialogue option.
Character models/textures also don't load properly after a scene change and background music cuts in and out.
Also, random freezes.
NPCs also stop their activities and cannot be interacted with.

Anyone else having this problem?

System Specs

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz
8Gb DDR3
XFX AMD Radeon R9 280x 3Gb
128Gb SSD, 1Tb HDD
620w Seasonic PSU

Edit:

Just wanted to reiterate my reply below that I don't have any mods and I've already validated the game cache on Steam and rebooted my PC.

UPDATE:

Just uploaded a video of my game just to show you what is happening. I've cut the video and resolution down to size.

https://youtu.be/cSEb_EK5QHc

Note the NPCs are frozen and the very long loading time before the cutscene/conversation. Also textures are not loaded properly and some intermittent loading after choosing a dialogue.

Last edited:
First thing to try - validate/verify the game on Steam or Galaxy, whichever applies.

If you're using any mods, remove them first.

Hi,

Forgot to say on my OP, I already validated the game on Steam, restarted everything and I don't have any mods installed.

Sooo, it seems no one else seem to be having this problem, eh?

Anyway, I decided to relocate the game to my HDD just to test and it seems to have worked. Brought it back to the SSD and problems appeared again. So HDD it is!

I don't think I have any problems with my SSD as everything else seems to be working fine and I've checked the health of my drive and everything seems to be OK.

So now, I'm confused....

---------- Post merged on 13-01-2016 at 05:28 AM ----------

Sooo... I think I might have found the problem.

I got a couple of crashes and disk read errors on my PC so I immediately disconnected my SSD and replaced the cable and connected it to a different SATA port.
Replaced the game back into the SSD and everything seems to be normal again.

Top Bottom