Loading times and loading screen

+
When I manually reload for any reason, I get the wearying story recap -- reloading upon dying doesn't trigger it. What we need is the option to press a button just to skip it.

You can't skip it because it is hiding the initial game load. They could let us disable it, but then you'd just be staring at a progress bar.

I was kinda annoyed by him towards the end too, I was skipping through Novigrad and Skillege and he kept saying the same thing, it can really be annoying especially considering the fact that without it the game seem to load faster (ifyou die, he won't appear when it reloads the last save)

I imagine thats due to data being partially stored in memory if you're just reloading the last checkpoint vs the initial load/loading an old save where data is being loaded from scratch.

Last edited:
You can't skip it because it is hiding the initial game load. They could let us disable it, but then you'd just be staring at a progress bar.

I'm not sure that it is hiding the loading screen, because, when I reload, the recap plays, then, once finished, it switches to the loading screen, and the progress bar quickly goes from empty to full.

I'm not sure that it is hiding the loading screen, because, when I reload, the recap plays, then, once finished, it switches to the loading screen, and the progress bar quickly goes from empty to full.

Thats likely because the cutscene finishes before the game is done loading. When that happens you'll get dumped into a load screen for the remainder. I'm playing on an SSD and I can often button through it before the guy finishes talking because the game is done loading in the background, when I can do that seems to vary.

What annoys me most, I think, is that in the English one he keeps referring to himself as "Dandelion" when it isn't.
And yes, very repetitive.

I'm playing on an SSD and I can often button through it before the guy finishes talking because the game is done loading in the background, when I can do that seems to vary.

What button are you pressing? I don't seem to have that option.

---------- Updated at 12:44 AM ----------

What annoys me most, I think, is that in the English one he keeps referring to himself as "Dandelion" when it isn't.

I was rather confused by that. (I'm still very early in the game, so I have yet to meet Dandelion in his new incarnation) However, I assumed that the 'narrator' was an 'aged Dandelion', recounting deeds long past.

What button are you pressing? I don't seem to have that option.

I press space bar and when it's finished some background loading it cuts the story recap and go to real loading screen (which takes 1 second only).

NOTE: You have to press the space bar when it finish background loading but there is no indication of when it's finished so keep pressing like 2 - 3 seconds and it will cut the recap.

I've not come far in the game as I'm savouring it, taking my time. As far as I know the narrator references himself as "this bard" and says that Geralt is a dear friend of his. I thought of Dandelion but the voice of the narrator sounds nothing like Dandelion in the two previous games. Please tell me they haven't changed voice actor.

I'm using a controller so I hit "X", same button it tells you to use to skip all the logos when you start up the game.

That's very interesting. With keyboard and mouse setup, there doesn't appear to be the option to skip it. No key I press does any good.

I've not come far in the game as I'm savouring it, taking my time. As far as I know the narrator references himself as "this bard" and says that Geralt is a dear friend of his. I thought of Dandelion but the voice of the narrator sounds nothing like Dandelion in the two previous games.

I suspect that it's something simple, like the English Dandelion VA wasn't available to do these intros, so they used someone else - is it Vesemir? Curious to know if it's Dandelion or someone else in the other languages.

Although someone in another forum suggested it may be Dandelion as an old man.

(And Dandelion is the same VA as TW2, I think. If not, it's so similar I can't tell the difference)

I press space bar and when it's finished some background loading it cuts the story recap and go to real loading screen (which takes 1 second only).

NOTE: You have to press the space bar when it finish background loading but there is no indication of when it's finished so keep pressing like 2 - 3 seconds and it will cut the recap.
I've tried this, and it still won't cut short.

I suspect that it's something simple, like the English Dandelion VA wasn't available to do these intros, so they used someone else - is it Vesemir? Curious to know if it's Dandelion or someone else in the other languages.

Although someone in another forum suggested it may be Dandelion as an old man.

I believe it is the same voice as Vesemir's. And, as above, I think it's supposed to be an 'aged Dandelion.'

Space bar. Have you remapped?

I have, but the space bar still seems to be the default button for skipping the intros.

---------- Updated at 12:57 AM ----------

That's strange I am cutting them from the beginning. Playing on SSD btw, could that make a difference maybe ?

Possibly. My saves are on a solid-state, but the game files are on my larger old hard-drive.

Last edited:
I have, but the space bar is still seems to be the default button for skipping the intros.

---------- Updated at 12:57 AM ----------

Possibly. My saves are on a solid-state, but the game files are on my larger old hard-drive.

Thats most likely the issue. I just double checked and the current recap I get is ~28 seconds long if I let it play out entirely. However, I can skip it around the 9second mark.

Hmm... my saves and game both are on SSD. I don't see any HDD light activity when the narrator is speaking but I can cut the conversation in half sometimes.

Top Bottom