Loading times issue - solution coming

+
Yeah, I'm not playing the game for 3 days now, because the loading times in the Trade Quarter are madness.
Diabolius said:
My average loading times at minumum/lowest graphic settings.
  • Main Menu -> Game: 0:58
  • Building -> Wyzima City: 0:38 (Temple Q.) ... 0:56 (Trade Q.)
  • Wyzima City -> Building: 0:12 (Temple Q.) ... 0:24 (Trade Q.)
  • Temple Q. -> Trade Q.: 2:52
  • Quicksave in Building: 0:25
  • Quicksave in Wyzima City: 0:28
  • Quickload Building -> Building: 0:48
  • Quickload Wyzima City -> Wyzima City: 1:08
Note: Playing at medium graphic settings doubles the loading times.
Keep posting your loading times here please.

tuerceviolines said:
I have a mostruous computer, with two SATA2 HD in Raid to make the HD run like the storm. 4Gb memory, Core 2 Duo, and so on. Very good computer. And i have very long loading times. For me the main problem is the DVD access when i go from the room to the cirty. Wyzila? I do hate it.
Before each loading, the application tries with difficulty to check if the DVD is in the drive. This take a long time to wake up the DVD drive.Then I think the developers try to check the DVD with a DVD protection application. This protection is a cuse for people who legally buy the software.Each time, the protection is launched, my DVD drive emits strange noise. This can take 30 seconds before the application start any loading. I notices it depends how you insert the DVD in your drive.Please next time, change your DVD protection application or don't put any protection at all because this one is very risky. We are many people pissed off by these protection. However I want to thank all the team for their amazing work .. Nice work guy ...

I stopped playing the game because the load times make it unbearable. Wont be back till its fixed.

I stopped playing too because of the loading times. I have better things to do than waiting for a game to load each time I enter and leave buildings. Such a shame really becauseit looks like a very good game and it runs pretty smooth on medium settings, but my God - loading times are just unacceptable.

Mendorci said:
I stopped playing too because of the loading times. I have better things to do than waiting for a game to load each time I enter and leave buildings. Such a shame really becauseit looks like a very good game and it runs pretty smooth on medium settings, but my God - loading times are just unacceptable.
Mendorci said:
I stopped playing the game because the load times make it unbearable. Wont be back till its fixed.
I DID NOT STOP playing just because of loading times!Witcher is such a great game and the story intensity would even keep me going if I had to load 5 mins each time.Really stop posting such bullshit.. do you really think you can force the devs to speed up patching just because you cant wait for a few secs?! Patch 1.2 speed up the loadingcheersluca

Same here, even been back a few times to see if I could deal with it. I'll wait for some level of fix for it or just let it languish. Disappointing as I was really looking forward to it. Its not even necessarily the length of the load times, its the combination of the quantity, length and save times that make it really frustrating. I could understand long load times once for each major area, but having to reload that same area after popping into a building... I just don't get it. I've got the RAM and HD space, should be able to cache some of it.Hopefully the next patch includes optional autosave which will help a bit.

kaemen said:
I DID NOT STOP playing just because of loading times!Witcher is such a great game and the story intensity would even keep me going if I had to load 5 mins each time.
Then you would also watch a movie like Lord Of The Rings with Advertisement every 3 minutes. Have fun.

Diabolius said:
Diabolius said:
I DID NOT STOP playing just because of loading times!Witcher is such a great game and the story intensity would even keep me going if I had to load 5 mins each time.
Then you would also watch a movie like Lord Of The Rings with Advertisement every 3 minutes. Have fun.
I have to agree with kaemen. This week being full of holidays (over here, festival) has been equal to 34 hrs of Witcher play week for me (I even uninstalled Diablo 2 because Witcher was the perfect replacement). All this even after the load-times which even though usually last 10-15 sec max for me can go upto 30 sec as well. But then again, 10-15 for me is 60 seconds for others, so I guess it WILL be like watching LOTR with 60 seconds frame skips for you guys :)Can't wait for 1.2 patch. Hopefully it will be here soon, and with soon I mean tomorrow :p

desmasic said:
But then again, 10-15 for me is 60 seconds for others, so I guess it WILL be like watching LOTR with 60 seconds frame skips for you guys :)Can't wait for 1.2 patch. Hopefully it will be here soon, and with soon I mean tomorrow :p
15 seconds are nothing. If I had only 15 seconds loading time, I would not even mind taking a look into this thread.But as you already said for most people it's 30-60 seconds, and after 30 seconds waiting the brain starts to turn off feelings like "atmosphere" or "excitement". And that is why so many people say the loading times kill the game.

You guys are light weights, I got 4 minute plus load times. Game is so poorly optimized and I didnt have this problem with Oblivion.

ska-cze said:
We are currently working on improving that. A nice speedup should be present in patch 1.2, if our tests signify a definite upgrade. :)
That's is great to hear and I'm glad a solution was found that made significant differences. From a technical aspect, can you comment on how loading occurs in v1.1 vs v1.2? What was the key to making the improvement? Feel free to be as detailed as you like. I enjoy hearing about optimizations. :)

Memoman said:
You guys are light weights, I got 4 minute plus load times. Game is so poorly optimized and I didnt have this problem with Oblivion.
Yea I got 4 minutes too, if I play at medium graphic settings and trying to switch from temple quarter to trade quarter.Thus I am forced to play at minimum graphic settings, but yet it takes 2:52 minutes.

I'll take loading times any day if they get rid of the crashes caused by TAGES. Copy protection software is put on there to help fight piracy, but all it's doing is hurting the genuine customer who purchases the game.

Which are the crashes caused by TAGES (as opposed to caused by video drivers, invalid_object calls and so on)?

Someone could give me a few tips in which options to turn to minimum and which not? For instance, i assume textures are stored on the virtual space so considering i have only 1 gb ram (this game finally convinced me of doubling up so i'm getting 2 in any moment...) i should put textures to low? I guess shadows and lights don't have to be stored and wouldn't affect loading times but any hints would be appretiated. I'm currently on the outskirts of Vizima and yeah, the long loadings hurt my sould deeply but i'm playing it anyway, as i did with Vampire: Bloodlines...

I cant remember a game with load times this bad. Got Two worlds a few weeks ago and it has no long load times just a 1 sec load every now and then. Even the autosave is not bad because you can change the time it saves. The game does look great but its not fun for me like this. I play with the grafx on max but i meet and exceed the requirements. Hope its fixed soon im not going to play it till it is.

ska-cze said:
We are currently working on improving that. A nice speedup should be present in patch 1.2, if our tests signify a definite upgrade. :)
When is this likely to be ?I ve got less tha 2 wks left, I downloaded nwn2 and it works fine on my pc , I hope you understand I am fan of the type of game your trying to do but these glitches really dont help and its put me in position now of returing the game and waiting until I heat some postivies or just forgetting it altogther which would really be disappointing as it looks nice.

zkylon said:
Someone could give me a few tips in which options to turn to minimum and which not?
Yeah I also noticed that "texture options" affect the loading times the most. Up to 20% longer loading times.

Why are people nowadays so impatient?Damned,i had some long loading times also,but that didn't keep me from playing...People always think that when a game goes gold,it has to be perfect.Believe me:NO game EVER was perfect at arrival.Oblivion,NWN2,Gothic3,all of them had many bugs...Indeed,it's strange that all of the 3 mentioned here are RPG's...Probably harder to make than a brainless shooter like Doom3?Anyways,my point is:patience is a virtue....

Top Bottom