Locations and areas you miss a side quest or a connection to a main quest (Spoiler)

+

Unhit

Forum regular
I don't think I have anything to add right now :D in fact, some of the locations you mentioned I hadn't even explored yet - on my playthrough I didn't exactly scout through Skellige thoroughly. I saved that for the second playthrough. If I stumble upon anything, now I know the thread to share the findings/speculations :D

The valley of big emptiness

Today I have explored the big mountain chain in the East of Kaer Trolde for my first time... And I found the valley of emptiness... There's absolutely nothing... No goats, no enemies, no chests... But a clear and good made valley structure you can enter without any problems... And no bad graphic issues anywhere... If you are interested look at here...

Here the location on the map...

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 170
  • a1 (2).jpg
    a1 (2).jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 179
  • map.jpg
    map.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 184
I love that mountain range. Especially the "ski slope" from the exit of the ancient elven ruins down towards their entrance :D

In Velen between Lindenvale and Lurtch you can find this location. It is the only area in Velen you can see barrows like you are used to see in Skellige. On one of them you can find a dead, sitting Nilfgaardian soldier... At night a very exciting and creepy location... But nothing to do... :(

You find it here on the map:

Attachments

• The Witcher 3_ Wild Hunt_20160125152525.jpg
    The Witcher 3_ Wild Hunt_20160125152525.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 197
  • map.jpg
    map.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 152
  • map.jpg
    map.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 138
5. The forest hut - I always thought that the family was starving, woman and child died because of starvation and desease, husband hanged himself. But the other way round looks convincing, too.
They were killed by bandits (deserters?). Check description of sign post nearby.

By the way, one of details in game I very like are hill figures (geoglyphs) in Skellige. Until now I've found five of them, four on Ard Skellig and one small on Hindarsfjall. Every one is different: there's "classic" white horse, a drakkar, deer, hunter with dogs etc.

I think the portals are just old and without use anymore. You remember correctly about the monsterless cave on some skellige isle. I wonder if anyone have encountered any beasts there. Its perfect for a monster home.
It's the cave you find some plans for mastercrafted cat gear in, right? There are a lot of sirens outside; I just assumed that the cave was their hiding place. What struck me as odd about that cave where the two statues you could rotate with levers; they would glow red when you switched on your Witcher senses, and there's a kind of sparkle that indicates something can be done. But no matter how much I rotated those statues, nothing happened *hmpf*

It's the cave you find some plans for mastercrafted cat gear in, right? There are a lot of sirens outside; I just assumed that the cave was their hiding place. What struck me as odd about that cave where the two statues you could rotate with levers; they would glow red when you switched on your Witcher senses, and there's a kind of sparkle that indicates something can be done. But no matter how much I rotated those statues, nothing happened *hmpf*

There are four statues there. You need to rotate those until they aren't red anymore and there is sparkles coming from their hands. And something happens after that ;)

Last edited:

No its not that one. Its on a hillside, i think its the mountain with the arena you first meet the sheildmaiden. Jutta was it? But im not sure. Only that its not the one with the four statues.

---------- Updated at 11:51 PM ----------

There are four statues there. You need to rotate those until they aren't red anymore and there is sparkles coming from their hands. And something happens after that ;)
9-lives on ps4 by any chance?

---------- Updated at 11:52 PM ----------

They were killed by bandits (deserters?). Check description of sign post nearby.

By the way, one of details in game I very like are hill figures (geoglyphs) in Skellige. Until now I've found five of them, four on Ard Skellig and one small on Hindarsfjall. Every one is different: there's "classic" white horse, a drakkar, deer, hunter with dogs etc.

Any screenshots on the actual thingy?

No its not that one. Its on a hillside, i think its the mountain with the arena you first meet the sheildmaiden. Jutta was it? But im not sure. Only that its not the one with the four statues.

Yes here name is Jutta. She's on Faroe I think - the island on which you are send by Lambert. There's a small cave (not exactly) under the circle where Geralt is fighting here.

Damn. Now I have to go back to find out what happens - I didn't even see the other statues. Just two near the entrance, but since I was after the mastercrafted cat gear, I didn't really bother to search the entire cave :)

Oxenfurt and Skellige.

Also, Novigrad. Although brilliant, it lacks quest content for how detailed and fleshed out it is. You could easily place an entire game in Novigrad.

Also, Novigrad. Although brilliant, it lacks quest content for how detailed and fleshed out it is. You could easily place an entire game in Novigrad.

I think Novigrad may already have the most quest content of the major areas, but with the number of characters there and some of the sub-plots feeling "unfinished", it does indeed still have potential for more.

I think Novigrad may already have the most quest content of the major areas, but with the number of characters there and some of the sub-plots feeling "unfinished", it does indeed still have potential for more.
Although they are unevenly placed in the city. Most of action happens in southern districts and port, nearly nothing on temple island.

In skellige, Redgill and Fornhala, two abandoned towns without any use. The first one you can take the boat and go to the near island to activate "far far away", and the second one is near to the cave of a Sucubus.... but the towns without use.

Sorry for my english

And 1 more question. Ard Skellig, Kaer Gelen, abandoned ruines of castle inhabited by ghosts and 1 vampire. Road to the summit of the mountain leads to the Sun clock. On a body we can find a poem. Question - is the place described in a poem the Justianna cave? I never had any quest in that cave
I just stumbled upon this (3rd time playing and I stumbled across this for the first time). No, the poem has nothing to do with Yustianna's Grotto. Follow the clues on the poem to find the chest. There's nothing special, just a bit of gold, a unique sword, some armour, crafting/alchemy ingredients. But a cool unmarked minor treasure hunt nonetheless.
:)

Top Bottom