Lock and Load

+
This is an unoptimized deck that hopes to use lock as main tool to neutralize the opponent's threats. It runs 7 locks and Vanhemar.

Suggestions on how to improve the deck are most welcomed. :)

lock and load.png

Ideally Emyhir can play double Vanhemar or double Chironex/Unicorn. Shillard is also a possible Emyhir target if you suppose that the opponent is playing tall units or buffing big cards.

Ihuarraquax can pull Tibor. You can also play Tibor on its own in one round and use Assire to have him reshuffled in your deck for Ihuarraquax on the next round.

Var Vdyffir is a 6 provision card that can discard high provision / key combo pieces from your opponent deck and I think it is proper to inclued him in any deck.

Peter is there to help a damaged Tibor and to shut down huge boosted cards.

Attachments

• lock and load.png
    lock and load.png
    474.9 KB · Views: 168
Hmm hard to say just by looking at the deck. Did you give it a spin? How does it play?
Can it keep up tempo-wise? Is it functional no matter the draw? Have you spotted any weaknesses?
Only by testing can you know. That's what I think Casual Mode is for lol

On a side note, this game has become an absolute abomination. Feels so wrong to have 13 golds and 12 bronzes in a deck.

Hmm hard to say just by looking at the deck. Did you give it a spin? How does it play?

Yes, I already played the deck before the patch and I could only break even 50% winrate on low ranks.

However, with Emyhir getting one additional mulligan and Chironex/Unicorn dodging the nerf hammer I'm hopeful it can become a low Tier 2 deck.

Playing Chironex with Unicorn in hand grants you 8 damage, that Emyhr can duplicate if you need to nuke something. Vanhemar is also quite good against non-immune units.

I use a Lock based deck myself but it's different and I use Usurper as a leader. I call it "Lock and Key."

Anyway, you might want to find a way to squeeze Serrit in there. Serrit and Auckes work really well together, their synergy actually helped me win a match where my opponent had two huge Cahirs on the board and they kept boosting themselves.
I played Auckes while Serrit was in my hand and so I locked both Cahirs with one card. Then I used Vattier de Rideaux to steal one and I finished off the other with Vanhemar.

I would have definitely lost that match if not for Serrit and Auckes, the dynamic duo.

I'll try to add Serrit. At first I was skeptical about this kind of twin cards, that require another card to be in hand to trigger a secondary effect, but I've seen with Chironex/Unicorn that it can work. Thanks for the suggestion!

Vattier de Rideaux is not a viable card in my opinion. It's to slow, to easy to have him removed. Outside NR there aren't good tools for Orders. Vattier is also quite expensive, he eats a lot of provisions and dies quickly.

Vattier de Rideaux is not a viable card in my opinion. It's to slow, to easy to have him removed.
I have to agree here. I have him in my Reveal deck and also my current Arena deck, but have only ever managed to Seize one 4 STR unit. One time the opponent unlocked the only unit I had managed to lock, so Vattier was left useless yet again. :rolleyes:

I try to have Avallach on the board before I play Vattier, so I can protect him with immunity. I always try to play Vattier as the penultimate card, hoping my opponent has already exhausted his removal cards by then.

I try to have Avallach on the board before I play Vattier, so I can protect him with immunity. I always try to play Vattier as the penultimate card, hoping my opponent has already exhausted his removal cards by then.

I tried to use Thunderbolt Potion instead of Avallach, which also brings the cost to 20 provision.

I have to agree here. I have him in my Reveal deck and also my current Arena deck, but have only ever managed to Seize one 4 STR unit. One time the opponent unlocked the only unit I had managed to lock, so Vattier was left useless yet again. :rolleyes:

Rather anticlimactic.

Here is my sad story. After many failed attempts, I was able to have Thunderbolt Potion stick to the board, a 20 point opponent unit locked and Vattier waiting in my hands.

I thought: "All is in place."

Then out of habits, as I do with most of the cards, I placed him on the ranged row. o_O

Soon after Vattier left my deck...

partci

Forum veteran
... Then out of habits, as I do with most of the cards, I placed him on the ranged row...
This is one thing that pisses me off so much in the current game and is SO EASY to evade with the implementation of the old Sword/Arbalet icons. Ugh.

This is one thing that pisses me off so much in the current game and is SO EASY to evade with the implementation of the old Sword/Arbalet icons. Ugh.

Yes, that would help.

If we think that during the PTR you could not even know how many cards were left in your deck, they made some changes in the right direction, but they are not there yet. A sword / arbalest icon would be a welcomed change.

I went 15-2 with this deck, current rank 11.

I'm very pleased, a lot of SK players beating the dust. :)

Top Bottom