Lock Deck?

+
Lock Deck?

Hey all!

I was wondering if there is such a thing as a lock deck? I would presume that you would use Radovid for your leader and maybe work it into a Machine deck, but I'm not sure how it would work...
Post patch, I constantly see NR Machine, SK Ships, and Consume Monster decks. They seem to be very vulnerable to shackles and locking cards. I've been playing my regular Monster deck and only have Fiend who I have to save for key moments...so I was wondering if a lock deck would really work.
SK has been the most tedious to fight since weather just freezes their rows with damage and buffs, plus the bears hate my Harpies.....
Just trying to feel around I guess...

Hey :D You can try a lock deck its a good idea. Locks prevent the enemies tactics from working and forces them to make mistakes or spend their lock cards to unlock their own units which is ofc good.
Dont forget to mix-in some tempo cards like timeria footmans. You will have problems with weather mosnters i can promise you. Pick your anti weather cards.
Dagon is strong right now and the weather monsters are bad lock targets because their effects are instands.
Agains other factions it might be a good idea ^^

Vladi999;n8907060 said:
Hey :D You can try a lock deck its a good idea. Locks prevent the enemies tactics from working and forces them to make mistakes or spend their lock cards to unlock their own units which is ofc good.
Dont forget to mix-in some tempo cards like timeria footmans. You will have problems with weather mosnters i can promise you. Pick your anti weather cards.
Dagon is strong right now and the weather monsters are bad lock targets because their effects are instands.
Agains other factions it might be a good idea ^^

Thanks for the reply! I have found some decks online that I might try out and see. They seem to rely on Bloody Baron.
It seems like every deck is like rock, paper, scissors where it can dominate one style while be ineffective against another. I feel like a balanced one could be too weak...
I like anti-meta decks! Lol

If you really want to lock everything in sight, you should consider Nilfgaard. With Auckes, Emhyr, Decoy, Assire var Anahid, and 3 Dimeritium shackles you could lock 11 units across 2 rounds. However, you can't really make a deck around locking units, since you still leave enemy's power on the board. Plus, a lot of decks don't even have units worth locking.

KThomas14;n8911230 said:
If you really want to lock everything in sight, you should consider Nilfgaard. With Auckes, Emhyr, Decoy, Assire var Anahid, and 3 Dimeritium shackles you could lock 11 units across 2 rounds. However, you can't really make a deck around locking units, since you still leave enemy's power on the board. Plus, a lot of decks don't even have units worth locking.

Thats true.

How would you think that this deck would fare? I mean of course with some changes, but for some reason I have wanted to try it out...

colorad0kid1107;n8907460 said:
every deck is like rock, paper, scissors

Its like do i have enough clear skies in hand agains dagon or eredin ? Or its just a lost round :D
Make sure u dont have too many lock effects because lock cards dont have that much power.
In best case you lock every unit with an effect and maybe enemies spies like cows or dol blathana traps.
Worst case you loose on points and lock nothing. Try to find a balance where locking is fine and not overpicked.

DRK3

Forum veteran
colorad0kid1107;n8911270 said:
Thats true.

How would you think that this deck would fare? I mean of course with some changes, but for some reason I have wanted to try it out...

It sounds interesting, but i dont think a lock deck would be very effective. Mostly because most (and im goin on a rough mental estimate here) bronzes and silvers in the game have immediate or no effect and locking would be useless. Hell, there are even entire good decks that dont have a single card worth locking. Still, it would be very good against decks based on resilience (dwarves, spy NG) or ongoing effects (like most NR decks now)

Top Bottom