Lock the framerate on 30fps on Xbox One

+
Locking the frame rate will make it smoother, why would CDPR want to "embarrass the PS4"? they're not a bunch of children.

why? maybe because:

or:

or:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-I-can-remember-playing?p=1709923#post1709923

Attachments

• 11256839_967354943305132_20615148527654091_n.jpg
    11256839_967354943305132_20615148527654091_n.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 11224280_807263326009917_3084839829150405483_n.jpg
    11224280_807263326009917_3084839829150405483_n.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
That does rather prove my point, the PS4 has the more stable frame rate and thus will be smoother. I'm on a high end PC and I have the frame rate capped for the same reason.

Really ?! And who would not want that ?! Lock the framerate on Xbox One to not embarrass the PS4 is shameful for CD Project Red.

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/603180688142147584
Locking the frame rate is good for Xboxers and will make that version a lot better that it is now. Look at how juddery the game appears in the EG video, even though it's >30. You can see what's happening in the frame-time graph with all those little spikes. 30 fps means each frame will be displayed for the same ~33ms.

I'll be grateful for a 30 fps cap in the next update.

Last edited:
If the framerate fluctuates too much then it's better to lock it to something stable. Heavily fluctuating framerate is more noticeable than just playing the game at a lower but stable framerate.

That does rather prove my point, the PS4 has the more stable frame rate and thus will be smoother. I'm on a high end PC and I have the frame rate capped for the same reason.

more stable frame?! 19 fps !!! watch the vídeo.

I'm sorry my sincerity, but I do not need this fake patch (paid by Sony). If the Projekt Red CD is being honest should put this option on the menu as optional. I'm playing with no problem on Xbox One.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-I-can-remember-playing?p=1709923#post1709923

Last edited:
It's not so much the dips and peaks, it's the uneven frame pacing. If it didn't deviate from 35 fps it'd be as jittery.

As an X1 player, I really want a capped frame rate! I don't like the jutter between 30-40fps, makes it look like it's running in the low 20's

Are you sure you have the required age to play The Witcher 3? It’s a 18+ game.

You should ask your mother, she's here with me in bed.

---------- Updated at 08:49 PM ----------

30 capped will look smoother for you, it's a good thing.

I disagree, but the producer could put as an option on the menu allowing the player to choose. However, they cap the frame only proves that they want to reduce the X1 frame to stay closer to the ps4.

I keep saying that the game is perfect in the X1, it is not fair to change obligatorily it! Put as an option in the menu.

If you don't believe me:

Last edited:
It will look smoother to you too. A higher number is meaningless if the effect is judder with half a dozen frames per second displayed for twice as long as the rest.

The Xbox version will likely be the smoothest console version with a 30fps cap, with fewer dips and not dropping straight to 20 fps. It isn't that now while it's unlocked.

more stable frame?! 19 fps !!! watch the vídeo.

I'm sorry my sincerity, but I do not need this fake patch (paid by Sony). If the Projekt Red CD is being honest should put this option on the menu as optional. I'm playing with no problem on Xbox One.

The same complaints are being made by XBone players, the ones who are honest with themselves. They're capping the frame rate to improve the game for you, suggesting they've been paid by Sony is juvenile.

I thought having the highest fps possible was better, but after reading the settings guide for Witcher made by the programmer of gedosato, I learned that I was wrong. What people are saying is true, a fluctuating fps will cause a stuttering gaming experience. That's why although I have ~40 fps, locked the fps to 30 and turned on v-sync and got rid of a great deal of stuttering problem and game is actually way smoother now.

Here's the guide I've mentioned, might prove useful for others as well: http://www.pcgamer.com/durantes-witcher-3-analysis-the-alchemy-of-smoothness/

The same complaints are being made by XBone players, the ones who are honest with themselves. They're capping the frame rate to improve the game for you, suggesting they've been paid by Sony is juvenile.

Dude, you have to prove and not lie. I posted a topic where it is reported. Have you done that ?!

Guys, remember Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, where PS4 had a framerate from 30 to 60 fps, and xbox a locked 30fps? Remember people complaning about killzone shadow fall framerate from 30 to 60fps? People complained and sony released and update to lock it on 30fps... Remember Infamous Second Son with the framerate from 30/40/50/60 fps? Yup, people complained and sony released an update with the option to lock it. A locked framerate is better than one that goes from 30 to 60fps. People don't want it locked because they want that to win arguments on a console war lol I'm almost certain that PS4 could have the same framerate as xbox one, but they decided to lock it. Oh, and PS4 had the lowest framerate on cuscenes, same goes to xbox oneduring gameplay it sometimes loses some frames, but are minor. Like 1 to 3 frames...

Dude, you have to prove and not lie. I posted a topic where it is reported. Have you done that ?!

I don't need to prove what is common sense, a game that runs at a constant 30 will feel smoother than one that jumps all over the place, in the case of the Xbox, that's the twenties to the low forties.

Guys, remember Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, where PS4 had a framerate from 30 to 60 fps, and xbox a locked 30fps? Remember people complaning about killzone shadow fall framerate from 30 to 60fps? People complained and sony released and update to lock it on 30fps... Remember Infamous Second Son with the framerate from 30/40/50/60 fps? Yup, people complained and sony released an update with the option to lock it. A locked framerate is better than one that goes from 30 to 60fps. People don't want it locked because they want that to win arguments on a console war lol I'm almost certain that PS4 could have the same framerate as xbox one, but they decided to lock it. Oh, and PS4 had the lowest framerate on cuscenes, same goes to xbox oneduring gameplay it sometimes loses some frames, but are minor. Like 1 to 3 frames...

Played all those ps4 games with framerate unlocked and it was way better than having it locked IMO , if all the games on ps4 would have framerate as good as shadow fall and second son i would be a happy gamer, by far the witcher 3 have the worst framerate i ever saw on console, played gta5 , inquisition and bloodborn, not a single one of these have a framerate as bad as the witcher 3.

PS4 gamers got fucked by CDproject in this game , like bloody baron would say, " i fell like i was rammed in the arse by a horse ".

Top Bottom