Locked Doors

+
Locked Doors

There are so many locked doors in this game! Is there any way to open them? Thanks.

You would think someone like Geralt would learn how to pick locks, or at least be able to force open some doors. I wonder if this is addressed in the books? It's probably just a cheesy game mechanic.

I've been wondering about the doors for this entire game, too. You find locked doors everywhere and occasionally you find keys that get you into some place. I guess by having lots of them be locked you can never be sure if there is something back there and you haven't found that quest yet, or is there really just nothing back there? Also it gives them a place to add content for mods and expansions. You make a new room, some new NPCs, and then link it to a locked door somewhere to place it in the world.

I can't imagine that those locked doors are meant for further content of an extension because the location are often quite trivial ;D I've seen several locked doors too but if you asked me I would never find back to them cos I simply forgot ^..^

Geralt from the books was not a thief so he didn't need to learn how to pick locks. The same thing is in the game. It's story driven so going somewhere where we are not needed is out of place.

Yeah but sometimes he use a force to unlock some doors. In game should be at least that option.

Thank God the different doors in the game are locked. If they weren't you'd be tempted to go inside just to see if there's anything cool, and then be forced to eat a couple minutes of load time to get a chicken wing from the house.

@DaerdinGeralt from the book is no thief but in the game he is ;D and that's the only case btw where the game is not realistic. When he enters house even if the owners are present, he can take away all odds and ends he finds in the house ^..^ and no one complaints.@jimmyw404maybe it's alright that doors and certain areas are locked, cos if they are open I'm tempted to examine, get lost and forget / abstract from the purpose why I actually entered the former room, etc. e.g. Act2 the sewer and crypt.

Erm...Why the locked doors? If they are not meant to be opened, just have them be plain old scenery. What's the point in having a door marked "locked" if it can never be opened within the game?

It's more realistic to have doors that you can interact with and discover to be locked than to have doors that are equivalent to paintings on a wall?I am personally more annoyed with the 'painted doors' as I have found a couple of those. I'd rather them be locked and never accessible. At least that shows the devs cared to realize you will try the doors and also it makes sense because most people would lock their doors when the leave the house- maybe they are on vacation forever?

I've noticed a few NPC's will spawn and dissappear in many unusable and locked doors. So they're probably just there for daily peasant life and the occassional quest.

It's plausible to have marked "locked" doors in the game... they are locked because it's a privacy. On the other hand it's strange that there are so many unlocked houses, huts etc. which Geralt can enter and takes away the belongings of the owner and they don't care.

Anybody coming into my house with a sword and demanding anything is going to wish he planned better. :dead:

I think they put them there so we wonder how the fuck I open thisrrrh ! :@ It is fun. I do not pay attention to them anymore. But I used to really hate locked doors before. At least there are not so many "locked women", so I am content.

Trughbull said:
Anybody coming into my house with a sword and demanding anything is going to wish he planned better. :dead:
are you by any chance a Republican?(p.s. no offence trugh ;), jk)

Top Bottom