Lock's are kind of bad these Days. Return Artefact Compression to it's former Open Beta Glory

+
Seriously aside from running a Nilfgaard lock heavy Deck, locks aren't really worth much anymore considering that everyone and their mom is running purify because of Defenders and Poison and on top of it that locks are even getting removed in the Graveyard.

I really miss that effect since open Beta and it would be a great option to mess with the Opponents Graveyard and would prevent replay/ reuse of certain Cards like Jutta Spawn/ Yghern Ozzrel Consume etc. and it would put a formerly great Card which is now barely used back in the meta.

Artefact_Compression.png

Artefact_Compression.pngClick if to small to read.

Last edited:
The posting would benefit from a bigger picture. I had to really look close to see what it was. But yeah, that seems quite fun!

I agree, that would be a better alternative.

Seriously aside from running a Nilfgaard lock heavy Deck, locks aren't really worth much anymore considering that everyone and their mom is running purify because of Defenders and Poison and on top of it that locks are even getting removed in the Graveyard.

I really miss that effect since open Beta and it would be a great option to mess with the Opponents Graveyard and would prevent replay/ reuse of certain Cards like Jutta Spawn/ Yghern Ozzrel Consume etc. and it would put a formerly great Card which is now barely used back in the meta.

View attachment 11036858
The problem is the meta has moved to far into engine territory for lock to be viable. People already complain that they cannot play their synergy. In principle lock should be a NG staple (so should spying, reveal, and draw,) whereas other decks should simply have to get by without it.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I loved that Artefact compression. If i remember correctly at one point it was SK's Coral that had that ability to turn any unit into artefact figurine, it was one of my most played golds (i also remember a Coral version that spawned a Merigold Hailstorm that halved an entire row and generated so much anger it was super nerfed...)

I loved that Artefact compression. If i remember correctly at one point it was SK's Coral that had that ability to turn any unit into artefact figurine, it was one of my most played golds (i also remember a Coral version that spawned a Merigold Hailstorm that halved an entire row and generated so much anger it was super nerfed...)
She was an auto include in most Skellige decks, even with only 4 gold spots available. Really speaks figures of how strong it was. Jaded figurine could possibly return to it's old ability without causing too much trouble, but Coral ought to be dead.

She was an auto include in most Skellige decks, even with only 4 gold spots available. Really speaks figures of how strong it was. Jaded figurine could possibly return to it's old ability without causing too much trouble, but Coral ought to be dead.

Man, it seems fun to turn a powerful enemy unit into a jade figurine. Haha. Here's my Damien.. No, it's not, it's a jade figurine ;)
Here's my defender... No it's a jade figurine... haha... yey..

Man, it seems fun to turn a powerful enemy unit into a jade figurine. Haha. Here's my Damien.. No, it's not, it's a jade figurine ;)
Here's my defender... No it's a jade figurine... haha... yey..
Yeah that's kind of it, one could argue just use Heatwave instead but it doesn't feel that satisfying if the unit is just gone, it just feels better if there sits just a 2 Point Jade Figurine to remind the opponent of his lost.

Current Artefact Compression is kind of boring anyways (reset a unit and lock it) so it would at least make the Card interesting again.

White Frost desperately needs a rework to. I think the only time I saw someone using it was during the Eithne Sihil Artifact heavy Time.

Yeah that's kind of it, one could argue just use Heatwave instead but it doesn't feel that satisfying if the unit is just gone, it just feels better if there sits just a 2 Point Jade Figurine to remind the opponent of his lost.

Current Artefact Compression is kind of boring anyways (reset a unit and lock it) so it would at least make the Card interesting again.

White Frost desperately needs a rework to. I think the only time I saw someone using it was during the Eithne Sihil Artifact heavy Time.

Not only would it be better, but it would be funny, very funny. Locking comes at a risk too.

I ahree about White Frost, yeah, it has become largely irrelevant. Few people have multiple artifacts on the board, and not that many decks run artifacts at all, aside from scenario.

Top Bottom