LoD issue - entire buildings appear / disappear

+
Has anyone found a fix for the weird disappearing / reappearing of entire assets (including super large buildings!) that comes with LoD change?

I see lots of ppl here complaining about the LoD texture detail suddenly increasing or decreasing, which is fair, but to me the far worse issue is that oftentimes the entire asset / meshframe disappears as the game "switches over" from one LoD detail to the next. A great place to test this is at the GIM parking lot, walk around looking at buildings / the ferris wheel and you'll notice them fading in and out of existence as the game switches back and forth between high & low res textures.

I can put up with sudden and jarring LoD changes for the time being, but not when it comes with the entire asset / mesh completely vanishing during the LoD transition. In fact, oftentimes you can just stop where the building disappears and it will never reappear until you move closer or farther away.

Here's the only other thread I've found which covers this issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kaorky
and before anyone comments about the "DistanceBoost = X.000000)" .ini edit .... all that does for this problem is change where the buildings disappear and reappear, and only by a matter of a few meters, which doesn't really help hide something as major as an entire highway section or skyscraper vanishing

I’ve had this exact same problem for months and although I’m certain we’re not the only two experiencing it, I’ve yet to find any major attention to the issue nor have I found any fixes whatsoever. It’s absolutely unbearable to play the game. My hardware is excellent, I never used to have this issue it’s something that was introduced in a patch. No mods will fix it either I’ve tried every one I can find.

I’ve had this exact same problem for months and although I’m certain we’re not the only two experiencing it, I’ve yet to find any major attention to the issue nor have I found any fixes whatsoever. It’s absolutely unbearable to play the game. My hardware is excellent, I never used to have this issue it’s something that was introduced in a patch. No mods will fix it either I’ve tried every one I can find.
This was certainly a well-observed issue in earlier versions, but since recent patches I've not seen it happen since, pretty sure not since 1.5 at least. Is there a location you can point us at to see if it can be reproduced?

Everywhere in Watson, literally. It happens to me all over but it’s more noticeable in areas where you’re not surrounded by taller buildings (though sometimes the tall buildings themselves have portions blinking in and out) I took some video earlier but the audio as I was speaking got all messed up. Tomorrow when I get home I will record a new video. I will link a video I recorded of the same thing 10 months ago. Since I recorded that video I’ve upgraded my CPU to an i7 and my motherboard to a Z690. GPU is 3060ti. Performance is mostly excellent except for so many things blinking in and out of existence.

Post automatically merged:

This was certainly a well-observed issue in earlier versions, but since recent patches I've not seen it happen since, pretty sure not since 1.5 at least. Is there a location you can point us at to see if it can be reproduced?

believe me, you’re either having the problem and aware of it 100% of the time while playing, or you’re not having it. I can’t point you to a specific spot other than to say it’s just everywhere. The buildings, smokestacks, stacks of shipping containers, buildings, terrain, the elevated tracks - any and all of it constantly appearing and disappearing. Here’s a screenshot of the online map, the spot circled is near an NCPD scanner hustle, it’s a bunch of shipping containers. I approached from the south and the shipping containers disappeared and reappeared and disappeared. Then standing on top of them and looking around, tons of stuff all around constantly blinking in and out of existence.

Attachments

• 83D94ECD-67D2-4782-ABD3-4EF3BB2DF777.jpeg
    83D94ECD-67D2-4782-ABD3-4EF3BB2DF777.jpeg
    624.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Everywhere in Watson, literally. It happens to me all over but it’s more noticeable in areas where you’re not surrounded by taller buildings (though sometimes the tall buildings themselves have portions blinking in and out) I took some video earlier but the audio as I was speaking got all messed up. Tomorrow when I get home I will record a new video. I will link a video I recorded of the same thing 10 months ago. Since I recorded that video I’ve upgraded my CPU to an i7 and my motherboard to a Z690. GPU is 3060ti. Performance is mostly excellent except for so many things blinking in and out of existence.

Post automatically merged:

believe me, you’re either having the problem and aware of it 100% of the time while playing, or you’re not having it. I can’t point you to a specific spot other than to say it’s just everywhere. The buildings, smokestacks, stacks of shipping containers, buildings, terrain, the elevated tracks - any and all of it constantly appearing and disappearing. Here’s a screenshot of the online map, the spot circled is near an NCPD scanner hustle, it’s a bunch of shipping containers. I approached from the south and the shipping containers disappeared and reappeared and disappeared. Then standing on top of them and looking around, tons of stuff all around constantly blinking in and out of existence.
OK *not* normal! I'll have a look at that spot on the map just to be sure but yeah even when I had the issues it was at very specific places (like a certain fly-over would glitch in-and-out as I stepped forwards or backwards). I'm not techy-enough to imagine a reason :( Is game installed on an HDD or SSD, maybe some things aren't streaming-in fast enough?

[EDIT] BTW cool map, where's that from?

[EDIT 2] Just seen your FOV in the vid is 120, has that changed since 1.5? 100 is max for me.

Last edited:
OK *not* normal! I'll have a look at that spot on the map just to be sure but yeah even when I had the issues it was at very specific places (like a certain fly-over would glitch in-and-out as I stepped forwards or backwards). I'm not techy-enough to imagine a reason :( Is game installed on an HDD or SSD, maybe some things aren't streaming-in fast enough?

[EDIT] BTW cool map, where's that from?

[EDIT 2] Just seen your FOV in the vid is 120, has that changed since 1.5? 100 is max for me.

The 120 FOV is just a mod that I downloaded that basically edits a file to increase the maximum possible FOV (and I tested everything without any mods and I’m still having the same problems)

The map is the official cyberpunk map online, here’s the link

and the game is installed on a newer NVME SSD. There is just no reason for this issue to be happening that I can see and so few of us are having the issue that it’s not had enough people looking at it to come up with a solution. I’m no tech expert either but I’ve tried everything I can think of and tried every possible solution I can find online. It’s extremely frustrating.

I ran around there a good while and no glitches with the city. I did find a shape-shifting ghost car...

[EDIT] put on YouTube, better link.

Last edited:
Thank you for trying, most people pay no attention to the handful of us that are complaining about this cause it’s not a problem many people are having. I will continue to try to come up with a fix myself I suppose and hope I get lucky.

Solved, if anyone is still interested, having the FOV at any value above 110 (only available if you change the JSON file or download a mod that does it) causes this issue, dropping the FOV to 110 stopped the problem immediately. Wish I’d have realized it sooner.

You say your hardware is excellent. What is it? You might have a good GPU and CPU, but what type of storage are you using? Pop-in like that is typically due to the data stream being slow or interrupted, and this is typically due to low VRAM or slow storage. Or the LOD is set too far. For example, even with a 3080 Ti and 5800X3D with the game running on a 7000+MB/s WD Black NVMe drive, the game still shows some signs of data stream issues.

Edit: I haven't had to lower my FOV, but I could see that being an issue. Hadn't occurred to me immediately, but having a wider view angle would tax the data stream more. Glad you found a solution.

Top Bottom