LOD of Fences & Apartment Terminals Could Use Improvements

+

LOD = Level of detail based on distance.

The LOD of fences is pretty messed up, as V has to be within 1m-2m minimum for them to render properly and actually become see-through. Anything outside of this distance will switch their LOD state and entirely obscure vehicles and NPCs as they move along, while at the same time drastically increasing contrast.

The LOD of apartment terminals, such as the one in Japantown, is also messed up. V has to be pretty much on top of the terminal for it to properly display its screen. A single step backwards and the LOD will instead switch to a fully zoomed-in top-right corner of the display.

Bonus video of fences in action;

Last edited:

iCake

Forum veteran
The chain link lod is a bug introduced in 1.61 as far as I know, they worked just fine way back when. 1.62 with overdrive really highlighted that the fences need to be fixed asap. what noise they create in that state :)

I wondered what this was and why it looked so ugly and if it was an issue with LoD or just the fence textures.

Does also affect the barbed wire and its mesh which is even more ugly, can't recall this in 1.61 but then again the game was new to me and things have become more apparent in 1.62 and its myriad of issues.

Applies to 1.61 (as I did downgrade today) as well as 1.62, nvidia 4070ti with drivers 531.41 & 531.61

1681658619778.png

Does also affect the barbed wire and its mesh which is even more ugly, can't recall this in 1.61 but then again the game was new to me and things have become more apparent in 1.62 and its myriad of issues-
Yeah there are also two different types of razor wires. Ones as shown in your showcase, and the others around the prison which don't even have a LOD but instead literally pop-into view right infront of V :D

But yes, they were happening in 1.61 as well. I just never got to report these LOD issues since other bugs were more important at the time.

LOD in its entirety needs vast improvements, not just fences. Everything further away than a few feet loses detail and that's been the case since release. I don't remember LOD to ever been addressed in any of the patches.

Top Bottom