Lone human enemies are helpless against heavy attacks spam

+
Lone human enemies are helpless against heavy attacks spam

I think this issue deserves its own topic since its pretty huge one. When you fight 1v1 against any humanoid enemy, all you need to do is spam heavy attacks. The enemy will never counterattack or do anything at all, just parry sometimes and die eventually. This happens to ANY humans.
Please CDPR, fix stupid AI in this game. Let enemies roll, dodge and counterattack.

Last edited:
I think this issue deserves its own topic since its pretty huge one. When you fight 1v1 against any humanoid enemy, all you need to do is spam heavy attacks. The enemy will never counterattack or do anything at all, just parry sometimes and die eventually. This happens to ANY humans.
Please CDPR, fix stupid AI in this game.

What do you do when there's more than one human to fight at the same time? which is most of the time..

Lone human enemies are helpless against the greatest swordsman of all time? Seem fairly realistic to me. :)

Maybe, but its boring from gameplay perspective that you can just spam them to death with one button doing nothing else

What do you do when there's more than one human to fight at the same time? which is most of the time..

You can separate them and use same spam to kill them one by one.

Maybe, but its boring from gameplay perspective that you can just spam them to death with one button doing nothing else

You can separate them and use same spam to kill them one by one.

Can I ask you what difficulty you are playing at?
Did you find this tactic useful also against axe bearing and shielded enemies? Did you find a different A.I. pattern in other similar games?

What's this talk about human enemies being helpless in 1v1? Isn't every enemy helpless against the Witcher in 1v1 provided they aren't immune to Axxi?
Just the other day I killed an Earth Elemental that was 7 levels higher than me, and I did it by using Axxi to stun him long enough to get in a few heavy attacks; rinse & repeat.

Last edited:
to be fair ... same goes for fast attacks XD ... just spam to victory against single human...

also, fist fighting is EXTREMLY boring as soon as you get the counter-attack timing right. its basically: parry -> 2x fast attack -> repeat (can even do 3 fast attacks most of the time)

human ai is pretty meh ... but i love bow/crossbow guys, when you line them up so they shoot their buddies instead of you XD helps a lot when fighting groups XD

youve made none so far

whereas ops point seems to be that you dont need any of that to kill a lone human, just let your mind go afk and spam heavy attack

> OP: you can beat every single-lone human enemy by bashing the strong attack!
> Me: Most of the time human enemies are in groups, what do you do when this is the case?
> You: aard, igni, bombs, positioning

Can't help you more than that.

but surely..Geralt is a mutant "superhuman": faster reflexes, more stamina, longer life span, and trained for considerably longer and harder than probably any other human on the planet.
Against a lone human why would he struggle?
There has to be a point where Geralt IS powerful and can walk through lesser creatures/humans. You cannot scale everything to be a challenge to the player because you fail to give the player any sense of achievement when they level up or gain better equipment etc.

when you start you probably struggled to take on 4 lvl 7 bandits! you HAD to pick them off or work them down over a period of time. When you reach lvl 7 those same bandits can be easily taken; you can pose a bit! the game will let you feel like you've gained power and strength!

ive just stumbled upon a lvl 15 Waterhag @ lvl 9...took me a good 10 mins to fight her and take her down! and yet I can wander back to White Orchard and take down a lvl 6 water hag without breaking a sweat!
Also stumbled into a Questline I didn't bother to check when I found it! ran head on into a lvl 33 monster!! and died instantly from 1 hit!! the games scaling works....some things you can take on and have no issue with...other will hand you your arse on a plate!!

There is no way a single human should be capable of causing much of an issue to Geralt...not unless that human is highly trained and heavily armoured or has magical assistance!

Last edited:
Im lvl 15 and play on hard.. i really don't know is it just me or is gameplay combat started to be easy... unique monsters are still a challenge (sometimes) but regular enemies even when in group are easy to defeat

Im lvl 15 and play on hard.. i really don't know is it just me or is gameplay combat started to be easy... unique monsters are still a challenge (sometimes) but regular enemies even when in group are easy to defeat

Its Qwen sign that makes it easymode. In my opinion it should be completely revamped how it works. Now everyone and their mom spams this sign to prevent getting any damage. I stopped using it since it made game boring

There is no way a single human should be capable of causing much of an issue to Geralt...not unless that human is highly trained and heavily armoured or has magical assistance!

We are talking about gameplay and how it should be fun/balanced. If we make everything that Geralt should lore-wise kill without effort, there will be no challenge anywhere except few boss fights. Play on easiest difficulty if you want this "realism".

Last edited:
Its Qwen sign that makes it easymode. In my opinion it should be completely revamped how it works. Now everyone and their mom spams this sign to prevent getting any damage. I stopped using it since it made game boring

have to confess to never using it! I use Ignii all the time....maybe im just lazy and should open up some of the other signs; but with the prevalence of necrophages I find Ignii better to use.

Playing on Death March and I probably have to double check but I'm pretty sure you can't do the heavy attacks spam with the guys wielding two handed axes or clubs or the guys equipped with weapon and shield.

If you try anything spammy on those there's a high chance for you to get interrupted and staggered and beaten to pulp.

It is true, Qwen makes combat easyer but i don't use it often and even without it combat pretty much simple now on. Or maybe i just learn movement mechanics of AI, i dunno :hmm:

We are talking about gameplay and how it should be fun/balanced. If we make everything that Geralt should lore-wise kill without effort, there will be no challenge anywhere except few boss fights. Play on easiest difficulty if you want this "realism".

but gameplay has to be linked to game world and design.
Immersion from gameplay has to be the catalyst for game enjoyment...if a single human of equal or lower level could be of great danger to Geralt in game then the forums would be equally full of people shouting about how Geralt was underpowered and there is no way a single bloke should be able to thrash him!
spamming an attack is the players choice! NOT game design!
its like the "cashcow" exploit..its YOUR choice to use it if you so wish...spoil YOUR game in doing so!
if a monster is easy to handle or a single human a pushover then change how to approach it within the games mechanics! don't spam the heavy attack! don't use the signs that make things easier!
why not roleplay a bit? put your sword away and beat the guy to death with your bare fists??

instead of finding a way to beat the games mechanics and moaning about them....there will ALWAYS be ways to spam, ways to exploit, ways to lure a monster into a certain position where it cant turn round..whatever it may be...
but its YOUR choice as a player to use them or not!

for me I usually take bandits out from horseback until there are 1 or 2 left standing..then dismount and kick arse!! ill shoot shield bearers in the bollox with the xbow!
ill use fire barrels if I can!
ill dodge and roll....
those are MY choices! I know the ways to win..i know the techniques to spam and ruin my own enjoyment...but why the hell would I??

MAYBE what op is trying to say is that , a swordsman no matter how great can make mistakes , and even a lowly peasant can kill him if he uses it

MAYBE what op is trying to say is that , a swordsman no matter how great can make mistakes , and even a lowly peasant can kill him if he uses it
and that lowlyt peasant can quite happily kill you; if you stand there and do nothing then you will surely die!
what the OP is in fact saying is that if he choose to SPAM an attack he can easily take down a single person.

Top Bottom