Long queue times on classic

+
I am experiencing extremely long wait times at rank 22. This started at rank 25, prior it was very fast. I wait at least 5 minutes before an error pops up. I am lucky to play 2 classic games an hour. I wish it was as fast as seasonal. Is this normal, its frustrating.

I am experiencing extremely long wait times at rank 22. This started at rank 25, prior it was very fast. I wait at least 5 minutes before an error pops up. I am lucky to play 2 classic games an hour. I wish it was as fast as seasonal. Is this normal, its frustrating.

I would say that is not normal. Rank 6 here. Wait time is normally 30s for me, most I've had was a minute. Only time I got any errors during matchmaking was a small glitch that said something like my deck could not be verified, after only changing leader ability. Switched it back and that error went away.

What error are you getting btw?

Unknown error, there was an error connecting with one of our services...

I think it timed out. Only happens on classic.

If you dont get a match before 1 min cancel and try again, its a common bug in various online games.

Another thing that can lengthen the waiting time is that there are not enough players in that range.

It could be not enough players in that range as mentioned before, but I'd still like to think there are plenty of players in each rank not having to deal with this particular issue personally. No network issues or anything like that? Does restarting the game ever help any?
Post automatically merged:

What platform do you use to play?

Last edited:
Pc and android. Both have the issue. I think everyone is playing seasonal

Hopefully its better at new season, otherwise im uninstalling. i dont have time to wait 10-15 minutes for a match.

Last edited:
Pc and android. Both have the issue. I think everyone is playing seasonal

Hopefully its better at new season, otherwise im uninstalling. i dont have time to wait 10-15 minutes for a match.

I never play seasonal, but being towards the latter half of the ranked season I could see where @Angel... is coming from. Maybe see if the wait time gets better in ranked matches when the new season starts?

There's another thread on here where someone had issues with ranked/classic wait times, and it only happened when they were trying to play a SK deck. That the same for you, too?

I am having this same exact issue but at higher ranks. Did you ever figure out what was wrong OP?

I am having this same exact issue but at higher ranks. Did you ever figure out what was wrong OP?
The answer is fairly simple: less people are playing Gwent, or at least less people are playing Ranked. In order to start a Ranked game, there has to be at least one other player within one rank of yourself seeking a match at the same time. If there isn't, then you must wait until a suitable opponent can be found.

Had the same issue on casual, sometimes I solved it just by pressing cancel and trying again.
Tried it with NG, SK, ST decks so i don't think is really faction related.

Had the same issue on casual, sometimes I solved it just by pressing cancel and trying again.
Tried it with NG, SK, ST decks so i don't think is really faction related.
- Indeed, I agree .

There seems to be a problem somewhere in between.
Sometimes I Q for casual and/or ranked and get this message "oops ! something went wrong".
For me most of the times it happens on casual and rarely on ranked, also waiting for a ranked match seems to take less time than a casual match.

I'm not sure if certain factions or decks get more scrutinized than others by the matchmaking algorithm but if it's indeed "reading" (assumption) the cards we have in a deck in order to try and balance the fight a bit, it most certainly makes sense that it should take a lil bit more time to find an opponent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom