+

Longer character arcs or more characters

• More interactions, fewer characters

Votes: 38 100.0%
  • Less interactions, more characters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Longer character arcs or more characters

After I finished the game there were eighty character entries in my journal. While this is certainly a laudable achievement, given how each of them had a unique background, I'd rather they'd cut their cast in half and gave us more quests and dialogues with the main cast, Ciri, Yen, Triss, Dandelion, Zoltan. I loved the quest with Lambert, and I would have liked if there was one for Vesemir and Eskel as well.

I'm not really sure to call this a quality/quantity issue, as the quality was top notch even in the few intentions with each that we had. Maybe this is a problem with the open world design, but then again, I remember GTA 4 had arcs that were way longer for each character.

This is mainly as feedback for future expansions or their next game.

Do you enjoy meeting many interesting characters with unique backgrounds, or do you want to spend more time with a more compact set of characters.

So cast your vote :)

Last edited:
-Looking forward to more Eskel, Lambert and Geralt, 3 of them together like a bomb ready to explode, never have enough of them :), Vesemir too
-More Triss/Yen/Ciri interaction, no need to explain ....
-I never like Dandelion from Witcher 2, but in 3 i love him, his quest are hilarious :) (don't know why many people don't like this)

-Maybe some new character, not so much, the entire quest lines in Skellige with Cerys, Hjalmar, Crach, Jarl make me want to sleep instead of playing game
-Some old character from previous Witcher game (you all know what i refer to :p)

-I never like Dandelion from Witcher 2, but in 3 i love him, his quest are hilarious (don't know why many people don't like this)
I think its his voice actor. So fng annoying... I love the quests to do with him as well, but that voice actor was garbage, whereas almost everyone else in the game had a fantastic voice actor.

For me the open world nature of the game never detracted from storytelling, but I can understand how it could for others. I felt most of the quests were high enough quality to make good stand-alone segments and a lot of them tied in in some way to the central story, even if it was just to show you how much Geralt is driven and human.

Because of that, I was surprised at how pretty much the entire cast of characters was compelling. As such I wouldn't mind a completely new cast for an expansion along the lines of Bloody Baron + cast for his line of quests. Quality is there that I would enjoy it even if it didn't tie into the main plot in a big way.

Having said that, it'd be nice to use the opportunity to spend more time with Geralt's inner circle. Only problem there is that they'd have to pick a specific spot in the story for the expansion to fit into in order to account for side quests, romance choices and other developments that these characters would respond to. That might make creating such an expansion less attractive for the devs, I don't know.

As for future games, if you have a new cast you'd obviously need to spend more time with them so that means fewer characters on the side. Witcher 3 was able to draw on a lot of established lore to throw in characters we already knew, can't do that with a new setting.

Last edited:
More dialogues would be neat, especially with Dandelion, Yen and Triss - couple of new lines beyond certain story points would be enough, just to see that the world and the characters are developing throughout the game.

And it would be good to see more of Ciri-Yen relationships

I voted More interactions, fewer characters, however that has a footnote because I would still add a few other characters to the select few chosen ones in the game right now. I'm sure you can guess who. :p

I totally agree with you, the arcs could have been longer and go more indept, but those are really first world problems, I personally think that there only was enough pf kiera metz, which was a great arc and a nice conclusion to the story, yennefer and ciri maybe, but i really liked ciri and would love to have her more as a playable character. They did a great job with most of the characers, there are also a lot minor characters that i think deserve way more screentime. I just loved this nilfgaardian voorhes, or the nilfgaardian commander in white orchard and the herbalist there. And more Eskel, Lambert was enough I kinda like him but he wants to be left alone so be it. i wouldn't mind more thaler, roche and ves either and letho. Really loved the confrontation between them at kaer morhen, although it was really short. More zoltan chivey of course too and less dandolin

Top Bottom