Longest playtime

+
My character detailed statistics indicate a play time of 17 days and 1 hour. I'm only level 18 though and currently going through the The Play's the Thing. Most of the sidequests I've done (including contracts and whatnot) are lower in level than the main quest. Didn't even touch Skellige yet. First playthrough.

I did try to savour the game during the limited play time I had since May. A few rules I imposed on myself which probably contributed a lot to the inflated play time: never used fast travel, always returned the boats to their original location (the exception is the one boat I managed to sink recently), always returned to where I left my horse (only used to call her when the game despawned her, never had Roach miraculously teleport at my side), walked as much as possible (having a white hair dude jogging through the streets of Novigrad just seems weird). The game world is just so beautiful that sometimes my play session consists of merely traveling from one area to another to pick up a quest and watching the scenery.

Yeah I couldn't really say as in game and gog timer aren't very accurate. But probably 200+ on first playthrough and I'll probably top that on my second one. First time I fast traveled lots because I have limited time to play and I was really eager to see how the story unfolded. Now that I've finished I'm going about the game with no fast travel and picking new choices (many of which I just feel wrong doing haha).

Been playing my NG+ since it came out 1-2 hours a night (sometimes a little more on weekends), that might net me a contract or 2 depending on their area. At that pace I'm about 1/2 through side quests in Velen.

So I would estimate 100 hours or so to finish Velen for me.

Last edited:
So far I only almost completed one playthrough. I'm currently at 217 hours or so. I decided to take a break from finishing the last quest until 1,09 comes out. In the mean time I started to play TW2 for the first time (and occasional MGS V + Mad Max on the side). Gotta say, after playing TW3 TW2 feels so small... But of course it's still an awesome game.

My first playthrough was 453 hours and I reached lvl 36 but didn't do the gwent challenges or all of the ? In Skellige.
Also have two other playthroughs at 420 & 425 hours both lvl 35 again didn't do all the gwent challenges or all of the ? in Skellige.
Currently doing my fourth playthrough (first new game+ playthrough) and I am 20 hours in and lvl 39.
So in total across all playthroughs I have played 1318 hours according to the stats on my PS4 version of the game. :)

The stats on my Xbox One, I have 1176 hours.

86% progress (I'm thinking that is achievement related)

18,072 Kills

244 Deaths for a. 0135 k/d ratio

208 potions created

That's all the stats Xbox One gives me

Since I walk a lot, and take my time, trying to role play, I've put in more than 600 hours. You just don't want a game like this to end.

Since I walk a lot, and take my time, trying to role play, I've put in more than 600 hours. You just don't want a game like this to end.
Is that a slow walk or the defalt jog? j/k I really hope that they address walk speed (among other issues) in the upcoming patch

And here I thought I was the slowest player EVER with my 272 hours (acc. to GoG) for my first playthrough. And that included quite a few cat naps in menus, because I tend to doze off when reading a lot of books or character entries in the game, heh. And sadly those 272 hours were spread out over many, many sessions and weeks, because my game kept crashing all the time, sometimes after a few minutes and after a couple of those crashes, I gave up for the day. Not the best gaming experience.

But after not playing at all for a while, I finally finished the last bit of the first round and then started a NG+. I don't know if the latest game version is more stable or if it is the new Nvidia driver, I haven't crashed a single time since, yay! This time around I am changing my decisions a lot, while still trying to be true to the Geralt I've known for so many years. After "only" 40 hours, I just arrived in the outskirts of Novigrad, I'm advancing the main quest faster this time, it's a much more intense experience. So yeah, both slow and fast less slow approaches are valid in their own way.

Last edited:
So, triple digits is at least what I should go for. OK :)
(In the words of Charlie Runkle: "Triple digits... then I could die happy")

The speed I'm playing, it could take me a year...
BTW, I remember being around 5 years, on & off, before I finished Morrowind for example... Ah, those were the days...

Last edited:
Hi all,

my playtime atm is 30 days 19 hours (739h) first run level 30. Last quest was killing Imlerith.
I spend much time in exploring every corner of the witcher world :laughing:

But now I paused while waiting for the addon.

CU
Thalon

While adequately levelled I have *just* spent the last two sessions clearing out the Spitfire Bluff/Coast of Wrecks area, and took two sessions to work down to the last of the "Defender of the Faith" locations. There are a handful of locations in this area unexplored (Byways, the Burnt House, the two Elven Ruins), plus all the ships off the Coast of Wrecks ~ I'll come back to those a bit later, once I have repaired equipment and sold all the collected loot, which will take visits to all of the merchants/herbalists/armourers/swordsmiths between here and Crow's Perch. After that time to head to Novigrad....

This small section of the map, doing nothing very intricate or complex, and not requiring any doubling back or restoration took just under 6 hours, and it will take another hour or two to dispose of gathered stuff and to prepare for the next movements. I have some things to do "soon" in Crookback Bog, some contracts in Velen, near Midcopse, Mulburydale and Lindenvale, plus large areas of the map not yet visited at all.... but it is time to deal with the early Novigrad tasks. Each 'new task' takes around half to a full session to complete (travel to, preparation for, actual task completion, recuperation if required, travel back and disposal) ~ (though Novigrad is much faster, as it is all closer together, and I know my way around the city without reference to a map).
absolutely awesome; excellent! A true respecter of a game. If you have any desire feel free to watch me on twich. My channel name is Seljdon

Hi all,

my playtime atm is 30 days 19 hours (739h) first run level 30. Last quest was killing Imlerith.
I spend much time in exploring every corner of the witcher world :laughing:

I think my GoG time can't be right, then. I also dawdled a lot and looked in every nook and cranny. Probably it were more hours after all...

I have not finished yet. I am at 106 hours and just entered Skellige for the first time, just got done with the Wake.

171 Hours in the second difficulty level, finished storyline, all quest completed except for the one you have to take books to a guy in an island, one horse race failed and one optional quest failed (finished the quest in a different way) 2 concoctions unobtainable, a couple of potion recipes missing. all markers cleaned.

I plan to play de game again in the fourth difficulty level in NG+ during summer vacations (december-february here in Argentina)

Top Bottom