Longest playtime

+
My first play through was 96 hours. My second doesn't count because I just used an early game save to start over and get a different romance finish. Working on my last play through with NG+ now and I've been doing every little quest as I've come across it. I just finished the first battle with the Wild Hunt and I believe I am just over 110 hrs into this playthrough. Kudos to yal with the crazy high play through times, don't know how you milked that because I dont fast travel and have been hitting my ?'s and dont know that I'll even be hitting 200 before I finish this playthrough.

I have spent 20 full days on my first gameplay only the story , approximately 480 hours , and 27 days on my second gameplay with deathmarch so something like 648 hours .:geraltthatsgood:

The stats on my Xbox One, I have 1176 hours.

86% progress (I'm thinking that is achievement related)

18,072 Kills

244 Deaths for a. 0135 k/d ratio

208 potions created

That's all the stats Xbox One gives me

Does the box give stats like that to all games? Do you know if ps4 have something similar? If thats the case, please do tell where I can find it on my station.

Do you guys realize that the ingame timer is completely out of whack? I have no Idea what the hell it's tracking but sure as hell not the time spent in game, and apperantly GOG galaxy only tracks time if you start the game from there every time you play.

So all those 500 h playthroughs are not even close to reality, according to the game I have 560 h on my current playthrough, I can tell you for a fact, that's physically impossible, I work 6-7 days a week, with not much time to play, and I'm only playing maybe a few times a week, so that number is more like 70-80 hours, maybe. And since GoG galaxy doesn't always run in the background, it only tracked about 21 hrs which is as equally as impossible since I finished HoS, most of the sidequests, all witcher contracts and I am close to the end, all on Deathmarch.

I wish there was a proper timer though, I actually am curious just how much total time I sank into this game :)

I spent 150 hours on my first playthrough and I'm PROUD of it. I didn't feel the need to constrain myself by doing a completionist play-through my first time. I'll replay TW3 next year after the 2nd expansion comes out and there's more mods. This game will only get better over time. :D

I have around 300 hours into the game, after 2.5 playthroughs.

@OP: That isn't how speedruns are done. Nobody does a speedrun on their first try of the game, haha! It usually involves a very thorough playthrough first, and then multiple subsequent playthroughs to learn all the shortcuts you can take. It takes an incredible amount of patience and hours to master a speedrun, so no speed-runner is 'wasting' the game they are speedrunning.

Wow. I´m a huge Witcher fan and just had around 150 hours for a 99% playthrough without the Expansions.
I would like to know from the people having 1000+ hours (woow again :p ), have you played The Witcher 1 and/or Witcher 2 or is this your first Witcher game. Another question is: Why you bought the Witcher 3, good recommendation/reviews etc.
Just curious :D

Does the box give stats like that to all games? Do you know if ps4 have something similar? If that's the case, please do tell where I can find it on my station.

Yes it does, but since the system update it now converts the time into Day/Hour/Minute format. I have no clue on PS4 or PC. As my sig states, I dropped buying Sony when the 1st Xbox hit the market. In a little while, I'll fire up the XB1 and give an updated stat. And yes, that is through multiple play throughs, not just 1 play through.

I can't say about individual playthroughs. I estimate something around 100-120 hours each. Game Client give it to me in days for each individual run.But the total, clocked by GOG Galaxy is 1.550 hours so far. I'm on a break right now, playing DA:I while I await for B&W expansion. =)

Wow. I´m a huge Witcher fan and just had around 150 hours for a 99% playthrough without the Expansions.
I would like to know from the people having 1000+ hours (woow again :p ), have you played The Witcher 1 and/or Witcher 2 or is this your first Witcher game. Another question is: Why you bought the Witcher 3, good recommendation/reviews etc.
Just curious :D

I have over 10 playthroughs with each of the previous Witcher games. Been playing them since 2008. Had a huge anxiety crisis near may 2011 when TW2 was about to be released and then the huge download line for pre-orders pre-downloaded activation. IIRC, CDPR server suffered a lot that day! Gladly they upgraded it for TW3.

I found out about The Witcher browsing Gamespot recent released games reviews, looking for something new to play after Gothic 3, which was a good game but due to dispute between devs and publisher ended up without tech support. The community worked awesomely and released a huge patch that made the game great as it should have been from start.

And TW1, with the Enhanced Edition just released, received a very appealing review, especially compared to the original release which received some criticism because of bugs and some flaws. The effort made to fix it, including re-recording voice overs, was irresistible to me. I love companies that care about their product enough to do whatever needs to be done to make it as perfect as possible. And TW1 became my favorite game then and it is one of my favorite games still.

Last edited:
I'm on a break right now, playing DA:I while I await for B&W expansion. =)

I agree with you on taking a break, Right now I am currently playing FO4 since it's release last Tuesday.

---------- Updated at 11:55 PM ----------

Yes it does, but since the system update it now converts the time into Day/Hour/Minute format. I have no clue on PS4 or PC. As my sig states, I dropped buying Sony when the 1st Xbox hit the market. In a little while, I'll fire up the XB1 and give an updated stat. And yes, that is through multiple play throughs, not just 1 play through.

66 days, 8 hours & 18 minutes. 25,456 Kills & 264 deaths. Which should calculate out as a K/D ratio of 96.42%. And if I calculate it to hours it should equal out to 1,592.27 gaming hours.

As for the question of playing the other Witcher games, I got hooked on the series after TW2 was a free "Games with Gold" Download on my XB360. Have yet to play the first one. Which is also the reason why I am in love with Triss, lol.

Last edited:
I agree with you on taking a break, Right now I am currently playing FO4 since it's release last Tuesday.

I never gave DA:Inquisition a chance. Got it on release as I am too a Bioware fan of old (since 1998 with Baldur's Gate and what followed). I couldn't stop comparing it to DA:Origins which was already included in my all time favorite games list. DA2 was enjoyable but with many flaws like copy/paste dungeons, absurdly written fetch/deliver quests, but had a good story. I got bored with DA:I somehow. Now I must say, it is not that bad of a game and has what Bioware always did best, very nice party companions and the relation of the protagonist with them. (still dislike that one wrong answer and we may end up in a gay romance. Not my cup-of-tea) I'm really enjoying it this time and not paying much attention to some elements that are still boring. They're not that important to ruing a good game, IMHO.

1129 hours. To be honest, it may be more than that. We sometimes power cut out here. I don't think a bad shutdown registers the stat on galaxy. If that's the case, I'd add about 50 more hours. Good to see someones got more here. This better give me a discount on CP2077 :p

On a break with Pillars of Eternity for now and Assetto Corsa.

I've spent 131 hours in the Witcher 3 (only played one playthrough)

I'm gonna wait untill both expansions and the 'enhanced edition' of the game comes out before doing another run, I have a backlog of RPGs I want to play, I.E

Trails in the Sky SC
Pillars of Eternity
Divinity Original sin
Tales of Zestria

I can't say about individual playthroughs. I estimate something around 100-120 hours each. Game Client give it to me in days for each individual run.But the total, clocked by GOG Galaxy is 1.550 hours so far. I'm on a break right now, playing DA:I while I await for B&W expansion. =)

I have over 10 playthroughs with each of the previous Witcher games. Been playing them since 2008. Had a huge anxiety crisis near may 2011 when TW2 was about to be released and then the huge download line for pre-orders pre-downloaded activation. IIRC, CDPR server suffered a lot that day! Gladly they upgraded it for TW3.

I found out about The Witcher browsing Gamespot recent released games reviews, looking for something new to play after Gothic 3, which was a good game but due to dispute between devs and publisher ended up without tech support. The community worked awesomely and released a huge patch that made the game great as it should have been from start.

And TW1, with the Enhanced Edition just released, received a very appealing review, especially compared to the original release which received some criticism because of bugs and some flaws. The effort made to fix it, including re-recording voice overs, was irresistible to me. I love companies that care about their product enough to do whatever needs to be done to make it as perfect as possible. And TW1 became my favorite game then and it is one of my favorite games still.

Looks like we have a very similar taste in games. :D The gothic series along with the witcher series are my favorite games.

---------- Updated at 04:31 PM ----------

I've spent 131 hours in the Witcher 3 (only played one playthrough)

I'm gonna wait untill both expansions and the 'enhanced edition' of the game comes out before doing another run, I have a backlog of RPGs I want to play, I.E

Trails in the Sky SC
Pillars of Eternity
Divinity Original sin
Tales of Zestria

I wouldn't bother with tales of zestiria....

Figure I can brag here instead of starting a new topic. Finally managed to finish my first and only playthrough on vanilla. Better late than never I say. What a masterpiece! The last 3 hours in the game have been a roller coaster of emotion and awe.

Anyway, on topic, after saving the game at Kaer Morhen, I managed to squeeze 742 hours out of it. Did everything I could encounter, except 6 smuggler's caches in Skellige, which I saved for later, and the lvl48 Archgriffin.

Time to install that juicy DLC. Do you think I can make it last 300h?

Top Bottom