Looking at the Endings... Spoilers

+
I want my V to live and be happy like the most, but I have accepted there is no good ending.

As long as there is no canon "ending", I'm good.

I would not bet on it either, but if they want me to spend more money they need to do more than add new stuff to the middle that has zero baring on the end. Especially if we have to play from the beginning again in order to play the expansion.
It could be in the "middle" but unlocked when you activate "Nocturne Op55N1", so whatever "where" players are in the game, it's available or will be available :)

You won't have to play again from the beginning because the game automatically goes back to before the final mission after you finish it.
I know this is totally just a matter of opinion, but to me that is also a sign of a not very good ending for a Video Game.

"congratulations on getting to the ending, now pretend it didn't happen and go back and do more side quests."

"congratulations on getting to the ending, now pretend it didn't happen and go back and do more side quests."
It only happen if YOU choose to clic on "one more GIG" button. It's not automatic, so if you think that it doesn't make sense because your V can't for various reason (I avoid spoiling^^), don't clic on it ;)

I like the solution in mass effect or dragon age where decisions have an impact on events in the next parts game.

Damn, your post really got me thinking, especially the part about the bird. I wonder of CDPR's staff reads these and think: "These people are amazing!"

What's your issues?
Without much thinking:
-auto-slotting the chip without asking the player.
-not letting the player choose who to see after the failed gig (or even IF you want to see one of the fixers)
-not being able to try anything in the bathroom even when you heard them dangerously loosing their nerves.

Without much thinking:
-auto-slotting the chip without asking the player.
-not letting the player choose who to see after the failed gig (or even IF you want to see one of the fixers)
-not being able to try anything in the bathroom even when you heard them dangerously loosing their nerves.
Understandable, but the whole story is centered around the fact that V sloted the Relic in her head. So everything which can prevent that would lead to a "Game Over". A little bit like if in TW3, you decided (at least had the possibilty) to not search Ciri... quite annoying to continue the story :)

Last edited:
Understandable, but the whole story is centered around the fact that V sloted the Relic in her head. So everything which can prevent that would lead to a "Game Over". A little bit like if in TW3, you decided (at least had the possibilty) to not search Ciri... quite annoying to continue the story :)
As i said, I understand why they did it, but when you force something on the players you also must give them a way to avoid that thing spoiling them the game, without it you create a bad experience.

As i said, I understand why they did it, but when you force something on the players you also must give them a way to avoid that thing spoiling them the game, without it you create a bad experience.
In fact, it's like in TW3 where Geralt MUST search and find Ciri. It's a railed path that players have to follow for the story. There is no way for players to avoid it... In Fallout 4, you MUST search your kid, no way to ignore it or avoid it.
In RDR2, Arthur have to beat the sick man... unavoidable.

So in short, I the GIG is a success, if V don't slot the chip and if dex don't shoot on V, the story is over > end credits :(

Last edited:
In fact, it's like in TW3 where Geralt MUST search and find Ciri. It's a railed path that players have to follow for the story. There is no way for players to avoid it... In Fallout 4, you MUST search your kid, no way to ignore it or avoid it.
In RDR2, Arthur have to beat the sick man... unavoidable.

So in short, I the GIG is a success, if V don't slot the chip and if dex don't shoot on V, the story is over > end credits :(

Minus:
-in TW3, it's just a goal and you are not screwed because of it.
-in Fallout 4, many players complained too, and it's just a goal and you don't end up screwed because of it.
-RDR2 isn't an RPG.

Besides, as I already said i'm not totally against such things when it's well done (eg: really not a choice, not in imposed choice) and when you don't indefinitely screw the player over because of it.

You could fix the entire writing very easy at the end of the game.

Alt is seperating both Johnny and V from the physical body. So V's Physical body is dead once again. Remove the chip (cause body is dead anyway) and both johnny and V are in the same space as Alt already and V is still V and Johnny is still Johnny.

Johnny goes with Alt and Alt deletes the engramm on the chip. Alt uploads the current V on the Chip and someone on the outside inserts the Chip once again into V.

Badabing badaboom V is V again and cheated death a second time.
Same can be done with Johnny in which V goes with Alt.

And yes the chip is broken. But this would be absolute ridiculous writing if a chip from 50 years ago could not be repaired in a side mission in which V gathers the stuff to repair it once the chip gets taken out by someone else.

50 years ago was 1972 and just to give you an example of how huge of a gap in technology that is IRL.
1972 The Video Game Pong
1979 The Sony Walkman
1980 The Prototype of the World Wide Web gets made
1982 The Commodore 64 gets made
1985 The NES hits the market
1988 Photoshop exists now
1989 The first GPS Satelite gets launched
1990 The first WWW Browser exists
1991 Linux is born

And i could go on. Just to show you how INSANE the advancement of Technology is over the timespan of 50 years. The Relic/Chip whatever you wanna call it should be so ancient that basically every technician who knows his stuff could repair it once it is outside. So the Chip is the McGuffin and needs to be fixed the moment V dies a second time.

Cause the moment V is dying from the chip the entire game crumbles away because of that. Nothing you do makes any difference if you die at the end as the player. Your choices feel worthless and the entire experience like a waste of time cause nothing you do influences the outcome. The game that was advertised was not the game we got. Not one ending helps change that feeling in the slightest.

While i do like Endings like in RDR2 or similar games they at least serve a purpose. V's death in terms of storytelling is literally worthless. I really need a happy ending to give this game a second chance.

Otherwise it will stay on my list of games to never touch again. Which is sad cause i got the day one edition and was hyped back then. But even 2 years after i do not see the point of replaying this game for any reason.

And yes the chip is broken. But this would be absolute ridiculous writing if a chip from 50 years ago could not be repaired in a side mission in which V gathers the stuff to repair it once the chip gets taken out by someone else.
Just a detail, but which have its importance :)
Johnny's engram is 50 years old (at condition that Arasaka didn't copy or modify it).
But the chip itself, Relic 2.0, is unique and very, very recent. So recent, that it's a prototype in development, and even Arasaka themself struggle to make it work or to understand how it would work... They never managed to install an engram on a dead body, ever. Even the first version, Relic 1.0, which is only intended to discuss/interact with engrams, just released.
Basically, it's like putting 50-year-old datas (photo, video, music) on a current micro SD. The data are indeed 50 years old, but not the medium :)

Last edited:
Just a detail, but which have its importance :)
Johnny's engram is 50 years old (at condition that Arasaka didn't copy or modify it).
But the chip itself, Relic 2.0, is unique and very, very recent. So recent, that it's a prototype in development, and even Arasaka themself struggle to make it work or to understand how it would work... They never managed to install an engram on a dead body, ever. Even the first version, Relic 1.0, which is only intended to discuss/interact with engrams, just released.
Basically, it's like putting 50-year-old datas (photo, video, music) on a current micro SD. The data are indeed 50 years old, but not the medium :)

Thanks for pointing that out. That makes it even easier then. The Chip can rebuild a brain that is destroyed by shooting someone in the head. The same technology that makes old arasake jump into young arasaka.

Arasaka therefore knows precisely how it works and therefore can cure V. Problem solved.

Thanks for pointing that out. That makes it even easier then. The Chip can rebuild a brain that is destroyed by shooting someone in the head. The same technology that makes old arasake jump into young arasaka.

Arasaka therefore knows precisely how it works and therefore can cure V. Problem solved.
Only Arasaka know how to do it (obviously, that's their one project/creation), only if V choose the Devil ending, and most importantly only after carve up/study V ;)
And to be fair, Araskas don't give a fuck about V... If V choose another ending, Arasaka can't know, Soulkiller and Mikoshi are destroyed, everyone involved in the Relic project (i.e Hellman) are dead... Arasaka (Yorinobu) give up the whole Save Your Soul project and everything related.
That's the all point of "Mike Pondsmith Cyberpunk", Corporations never loose :)

Only Arasaka know how to do it (obviously, that's their one project/creation), only if V choose the Devil ending, and most importantly only after carve up/study V ;)
And to be fair, Araskas don't give a fuck about V... If V choose another ending, Arasaka can't know, Soulkiller and Mikoshi are destroyed, everyone involved in the Relic project (i.e Hellman) are dead... Arasaka (Yorinobu) give up the whole Save Your Soul project and everything related.
That's the all point of "Mike Pondsmith Cyberpunk", Corporations never loose :)
Also, to add, Saburo is absorbed into Alt as well, because his engram is in Mikoski (sp?)

Top Bottom