Looking at this launch experience from a different perspective.

+
My reaction to bugs is pretty much always the same. "Oh, that needs fixing" instead of "PIECE OF UNPLAYABLE SHIT!!! REFUND!!! REEEEEEE".

This has always been my mentality with these new releases like this. FO76 really tested my patience for a while but my brain grew accustomed to it. Ive always had the mindset to give folks at least a chance to make things right before screaming the sky is falling.

It depends alot on the person and how you play and what you focus on in my opinion.

With the consoles, if your the type of person that walks around all the time, drives slowly, and really REALLY takes their time, the framerate is not going to be as big an issue. If your also perhaps an older gamer and remember the days when 15fps was an admirable framerate in a 3D game you might say the game runs fine for you on your base console.

Similarly, if you don't focus on the things around you and the stuff outside of the missions, and use fast travel alot your not going to see as many weird bugs and glitches as people that go exploring and watch the world and try and break it

It depends alot on the person and how you play and what you focus on in my opinion.

With the consoles, if your the type of person that walks around all the time, drives slowly, and really REALLY takes their time, the framerate is not going to be as big an issue. If your also perhaps an older gamer and remember the days when 15fps was an admirable framerate in a 3D game you might say the game runs fine for you on your base console.

Similarly, if you don't focus on the things around you and the stuff outside of the missions, and use fast travel alot your not going to see as many weird bugs and glitches as people that go exploring and watch the world and try and break it
I never really thought about it like this because I never really considered how someone plays a game would effect how a game performs. I'm like the old console player who plays slowly and remembers the old days. In a way...this concept of pushing a game to it's limits by playing a certain way is pretty cool but it's not how I would enjoy playing myself.

You people keep typing these damn essays. The game is great, learn to manage your expectations and stop letting unintelligent journalists create hype for you.

You people keep typing these damn essays. The game is great, learn to manage your expectations and stop letting unintelligent journalists create hype for you.
download (15).jpg

Please show a little respect and allow people to share their opinions and discuss them. If the topic doesn't interest you perhaps just don't read all the posts within it.

As someone who has over 1000 logged into both modded Skyrim and modded Fallout 4, bugs, glitches, performance issues and crashes are things that don't bother me. They are annoying but they aren't a deal breaker. I'm not going to downvote a game because of performance issues.

I only rate games based on the merit of the gameplay, and if I had to give this game a rating, it would be about 4 out of 10. All 4 of those points go to the combat and leveling system. Because those are the only things about this game I enjoyed. I grew up alongside video games. My first system was an Atari 2600. I've seen it all develop as it goes, so showing me fancy, raytraced visuals isn't going to impress me. What impresses me is substance. That is why a game like Minecraft, with pixelated graphics made out of literal blocks can become one of the top selling games of all time, and a game like this gets pulled off the PSN in less than a week of release. A game can't survive on pretty graphics alone. It needs substance, and there is hardly any substance to this game outside of generic looter/shooter mechanics you can find in any indie title for 1/3rd the price.

The reason why the game is breaking at the seams is because too much focus was put into maintaining the visuals and not enough was put into maintaining the content. The bugs and glitches are the main focus because the ONLY thing this game has to offer is a pristine visual experience. So every single texture tear, misplaced asset, FPS drop or lighting issue is immediately noticeable, because it's the only thing on offer. If the game had more substance and had something people were actually enjoying, you would see far less complaints about the bugs. Not because there would be less bugs, but because the enjoyment of the game wouldn't be dependent on every single thing running flawlessly to keep up appearances.

It's clear that the only thing that was polished and given any real attention was the main storyline quest. Everything outside of that was hastily tossed into the box at the last minute just to sort of be there.

A few posts got deleted. Please tone down the hostile attitude or the thread will be locked.

PS. A few posts are gone also because they were quoting content deleted by moderators before, sorry about that.

Haven't played it on my super-pc yet but on my series-X in performance mode it runs smoothly.

40 hours in has only crashed once. One time the shadows and reflections on the floor went a bit weird and followed me. One time I couldn't select dialogue and zoomed the camera in and out instead.

Speaking as someone who does code... a project developed over this length of time with a lot of people across a lot of hardware specs... weird things can catch you out.
Just ask Bungie.

Of course I haven't played it on older consoles so I can't really comment on that yet.

All I really want is for the mini-map to zoom out a bit when your doing 200+ as I'm three junctions down the street before I can turn 🤣
Post automatically merged:

other things needed..... again I haven't tried on the pc yet... but on console a way to mark favourite/trash on guns and clothes so you can't accidently sell them and favouriting quick items so you can hold the respective button for a second to bring up a wheel and change which item you have in that slot.
Post automatically merged:

The Portal jokes make me laugh.

Also ... skyrim is not as good as oblivion or morrowind.

Last edited:
Top Bottom