looking for a cyberpunk indie game

+
Since this has become a general cyberpunk game recommendation thread ...

EXAPUNKS

Not a RPG though. It's a Zachtronics puzzle game. The world building is nice and I wished they expanded on it further. It can get quite difficult however- at least for me.

Since this has become a general cyberpunk game recommendation thread ...

EXAPUNKS

Not a RPG though. It's a Zachtronics puzzle game. The world building is nice and I wished they expanded on it further. It can get quite difficult however- at least for me.

I'll second that recommendation! It's a really fun puzzle game.

Currently on sale and WELL worth the money. It was one of the three major cyberpunk games back in the day: Cyberpunk 2020, Shadowrun, and GURPS Cyberpunk. Lot's of additional user-made content for them as well.

And then there's Satellite Reign, the spiritual successor to the Syndicate games. VERY cyberpunk. Again, well worth the money, especially on sale at only $4.50usd. BONUS! You can hack and control random people. ;)

It's old enough to be on the level of an Indie game but I suggest the game "Bloodnet", which was a cult classic for a while. It's a Cyberpunk game with Vampires. If you want to go even further back in the time machine there is "Neuromancer".

My cyberpunk games (and I forgot some).

Not indie :
- Shadowrun on SNES (isometric rpg)
- Shadowrun 1/2/3 on PC (isometric rpg)
- any Deus Ex but the 2 from Ion Storm (action /adventure)
- Mirror's Edge (racing)
- Remember Me (action adventure)
- Nier: Automata (action adventure)
- AI: The Somnium Files (digital novel)
- Syndicate (management)
- Blade Runner (point & click)

Indies :
- Ghost 1.0 (metroidvania)
- Mark of the Ninja (stealth/plateform)
- Katana ZERO (plateform)
- Sigma Theory (management, not played yet)
- Uplink (hacking sim)
- 2064: Read Only Memories (digital novel)
- Gemini Rue (point & click)
- Orwell / Orwell : Ignorance is key (point & click)
- The Red String Club (point & click)
- Technobabylon (point & click)
- Invisible, INC (roguelike)
- Akane (shooter, did not play yet)
- Cloudpunk (action/adventure)
- Dex (metroidvania)
- Disco Elysium (isometric rpg)
- RUINER (shooter)
- State of mind (can't say, not played yet)
- Satellite Reigns (can't say, not played yet)
- Seven : Enhanced Edition (can't say, not played yet)
- Tale of the neon sea (can't say, not played yet)
- Transistor (isometric action/adventure)
- VA-11 Hall-A : A Cyberpunk Bartender Action (digital novel)
- Virtuaverse (can't say, not played yet)
- Void & Meddler (point & click)

Top 10 best in the lot I played, for me (no order)
- Any Shadowrun I cited
- Disco Elyseum
- Any Deus Ex I cited
- Katana ZERO
- Ghost 1.0
- Uplink
- Gemini Rue
- The Red String Club
- Technobabylon
- Invisible INC

Did not put Watch Dogs (because it's not that set more than 10 years in the future)

Last edited:
As Arcafonk suggested in that list, VA-11 HALL-A gets a strong vote from me. It has nothing to do with shooting or hacking or anything you usually see in cpunk games. You just serve various people in the bar and listen to their stories. The story is really good and they nailed the feeling and ambience. It also has an sequel called N1RV ANN-A

As Arcafonk suggested in that list, VA-11 HALL-A gets a strong vote from me. It has nothing to do with shooting or hacking or anything you usually see in cpunk games. You just serve various people in the bar and listen to their stories. The story is really good. It also has an sequel called N1RV ANN-A
is this the Japan bar simulator game?

Shadowrun, like some people have mentioned, are pretty nice isometric RPGs. A favorite of mine are the games of the System Shock series... two old games but they're worth it. Legendary cyberpunk-themed shooters, much like this one.

Top Bottom