Looking for a few technical answers

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 2364765

Looking for a few technical answers

I hope that somehow this will reach the right people, but here are some of the questions that are in need of answering:

-Global LOD Controls apparently exist as engine variables but they do not appear to have any influence, however LOD distances can be set on a per-asset basis. Would it be possible to re-implement global mesh bias control?
If not I would like to better understand the reasoning behind this choice.
I feel this is one of crucial variables that are needed to "future proof" the game.

-What happened to Ubersampling? IIRC it was mentioned to be added post-release?

-How do custom classes in wscript work? Is there a way to have them instance automatically?

-How do timers work in custom classes? Even though custom class extends class with timer functions, it doesn't work.

-Is it possible to enable debug features in retail copy of the game? Some of the functions would be quite handy for modders(Mostly referring to debug 2d/3d drawing text/basic shapes).

Any answers would be greatly appreciate also i'd appreciate moderating staff to forward this request to CDPR folks.
Cheers.

Also, if anyone has his own questions - feel free to post them, i'll update OP with them
(As long as they're related to technical aspects and are phrased appropriately)

Last edited by a moderator:
What happened to Ubersampling? IIRC it was mentioned to be added post-release?

Would like to know too. Or the Graphics update that was mentioned to get the look of the earlier presentations. Marcin Iwinsky said this once in an Gamestar interview to end the downgrade discussions. Well, i don't want to be annoying ( and Witcher 3 looks great, no doubt) but some time elapsed .

Last edited:
Would like to know too. Or the Graphics update that was mentioned to get the look of the earlier presentations. Marcin Iwinsky said this once in an Gamestar interview to end the downgrade discussions.

Wasn't that just the "600 fixes" patch they released shortly after launch?

Or the Graphics update that was mentioned to get the look of the earlier presentations. Marcin Iwinsky said this once in an Gamestar interview to end the downgrade discussions.

I remember that as "We did not know people would care this much, we apologize" or something like that. I don't remember an "update to make the game look like earlier presentations" discussion.

But yeah, hopefully someone will answer these questions. Come on folks, you should be the good guys :)

(Just tagging to ensure they would at least see these: @Marcin Momot @Benzenzimmern )

Personally I doubt they'll say anything with their current stance on communication. They said it can change only after Blood and Wine release (i.e. communication). And even then, it's not guaranteed they'll talk about technical details.

Wasn't that just the "600 fixes" patch they released shortly after launch?

Nope. because he said earlier presentations look, and we are far away from that atm :D

I remember that as "We did not know people would care this much, we apologize" or something like that. I don't remember an "update to make the game look like earlier presentations" discussion.

https://gamezine.de/enhanced-edition-von-the-witcher-3-durchaus-im-bereich-des-moeglichen.html from 28.7.2015
But it's german, You must use google translate yourself :p

But the key is "Man wolle daran arbeiten, das Spiel optisch auf den Stand zu bringen, den es während der ersten Präsentationen hatte – vor dem „Downgrade“, das ja eigentlich keines war *hust* "

Man wolle daran arbeiten, das Spiel optisch auf den Stand zu bringen, den es während der ersten Präsentationen hatte – vor dem „Downgrade“, das ja eigentlich keines war *hust*

What is the source of that? Direct interview with CDPR? They never said so far they want it. In the past they said it's possible. The usual non answer.

Of course I'd like there to be an enhanced edition using new generation APIs. But CDPR dodged this question multiple times.

Last edited:
@skacikpl Generally speaking, if you'd like to address the REDs directly, I'd use e-mail.

@Gilrond-i-Virdan, if you're not going to be helpful, please refrain from further comments made in this manner. There's a thread for communication, no need to soapbox here.

Guest 2364765

I'm sorry for that. It may have depended on when you sent it. I encourage you to try again.
Well then, since you've been helpful this far, do you have any list of CDPR staff forum usernames i may try contacting?

Well then, since you've been helpful this far, do you have any list of CDPR staff forum usernames i may try contacting?
See PM.

Since similar requests have come up recently, a reminder to all: Moderators are not a 'direct line' to the REDs. For the most part, our influence is not much greater than that of ordinary members of the Forums. We can offer some advice for contacting the Team, but we can never guarantee that they will actually respond. Such enquiries should be conducted in private message, please. Thank you.

@skacikpl: You can use some of the e-mails listed on the bottom of this page: http://en.cdprojektred.com

For example I got an answer from biz@... one. But it's usually something like "we can't answer it" in some form. They did provide information that otherwise wasn't communicated anywhere else a few times though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom